Forums
May 20, 2024, 08:19 AM

Author Topic: Motion Perfect - Worms Armageddon Experimental Show  (Read 1917 times)

Re: Motion Perfect - Worms Armageddon Experimental Show
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 05:15 PM »
Excellent video :)

One small detail: the first thing you see in this video is a typo (well, the second thing, since it's the second word ;))

If it doesn't take much effort to fix that, I'd do that :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 09:47 PM »
I watched this video several times, great job, I enjoyed it but alot of things bother me about this, this isn't a complaint just suggestions, feel free to ignore them if you don't agree.

1st off, some of the names are a bit much, swoosh to outlaw combo? Spoon? Wtf? Bit cringy? I never hear anyone say "Nice swoosh to outlaw combo there Mablak" or "Nice spooning Mab!" just "Vnr" That's just personal preference. (Maybe just my annoying opinion)

"Did you see that? Mab just spooned the hell out of franz!"

Why is the little Star table all different colours, it's slightly off-putting to have different colours for stars, makes me feel like it's all un-related for some reason... Why not just have them all yellow? Or at least have different colours, but the "Overall" Star being 1 solid colour? (Again, this is maybe just my annoying opinion and no one agrees)

The Final Battle, I didn't have a clue what the hell just happened so I had to pause it so I could see who was who, the colours weren't clear enough so I couldn't understand which worm was which straight away.

I think you need to dumb this down ALOT, for geeky RR fans yeah this is alright, but i'd be surprised if newcomers understood what was going on, I mean let's take a look at the technical side of things also:

Speed - Yeah this one is spot on.
ease - Change this word to "Difficulty"
Safety - Change this word to "Risk"
Rising - What is this supposed to be? I don't get it...
Beauty - I don't even think this is needed, everyone has their own opinion about which looks better, just get rid of this one?

I also don't understand all the different types of "Type" you have, in this order it goes:

Careful - Rapid - Freestyle - Exotic - Rapid - Exotic/Rapid

So, ok, I can understand Careful, for example you may use this style in a Clanner to make sure you finish your worm.
I can understand Rapid, for example you may use this style in a Funner, or if you are behind in seconds in a League.

But what is with Freestyle and Exotic? Those words mean nothing to me Freestyle sounds like a Warmer or something and Exotic might imply the guy is trying to show off? I think you could be clearer with this...

t=5.22-1.40=3.82s
Patch Distance=1128px
V=1128/3.82=343 pixels /sec

I don't think there is any need for this formula, it makes things look WAY more complicated than they really are, a simple "Start" "Finish" with the time to complete in milliseconds ie "3.46" is sufficient enough. This also helps give the impression that these times are set in stone? It doesn't help to make people realise, in real live TTRR's the slowest way to do this section could be the fastest way to do a different section, by different, I mean the same type of section, but maybe it's more narrow, or maybe it's wider, of the vertical lines overlap etc...

It is also a factor how the worm enters the section and leaves the section, seeing as you never showed all possibilites, how will you handle that? Leave it up to the player to decide?

The audio, while interesting, could be more even more interesting, it's too silent at parts, I think you could spice it up a bit and make it more modern...

The intro music makes me feel like I was back at school watching one of those awkward videos with the bad acting, was quite funny, I liked that touch, good job :)

Now, I know some guys might be thinking "Wtf Komo he put alot of effort into this leave him alone" but that isn't the point, yeah he done a great job, but like everything else, nothing is perfect and why not improve it even more and give it the best makeover possible? I think Impossible is onto a great idea, "Motion Perfect" is an awesome name, tutorials are really helpful and fun, but I feel like Impossible rushed this a bit, and I kinda believe in him, the guy has passion, i'd like to help that :)

I think you could re-do this video and make it truly exceptional, I only say these things because I hope that will happen because it has ALOT of potential and I am just trying to help, and maybe they could be uploaded to the official WA-YT channel?

I am looking forward to your other videos :)

Offline Impossible

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 11:14 PM »
D1, I'll come home from exam and 1st I'll do will be uploading fixed version.
Komo, that's nice critic you gave, let me answer at some..
About trick names, had to think a lot about this, cant do anything though, I cant just call them element1, method2
Stars color will be fixed on episode2, but they're all different, it's like you know blue associate with speed etc.

Offline Impossible

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 12:13 AM »
I cant really fix that bs on 1st episode, let it stay so we'll remember how terrible was pilot episode
komo@
Final Battle replaced with a little bit better idea.
Types: types removed
Math: math also removed, its not even needed now
ease - Change this word to "Difficulty"
Safety - Change this word to "Risk"
I cant do this because as it is better as many stars it must have, ex: safety is 5 stars, if I change to risk it will be 5 stars Risk that means the trick is very risky while it as saveful as possible, I know you dont undestand what I said but thats it.
Sound: I had no time for sound so I just put soundbanks from worms folder, 1st episode was experimental, but I hope on 2nd episode TOMT make smth awesome with music, he is pros hope he'll help me with it
2nd episode gonna be totally kickass, it provides an awesome quality in every aspect, a bit of fun stuff added as well that would not let you sleep

Offline Bonhert

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 10:45 AM »
Took me half an hour to preload the video on this pc, but it was worth waiting. Very nice.

I'd like to see trajectories in final results for easier recognition  :-*.

Sure we could rope slower but it's not sexy!

Offline Impossible

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 01:40 PM »
The 2nd episode is finished but still there is no sound so Im waiting for TOMT to check if he could do something with it