Forums
May 10, 2024, 08:32 AM

Author Topic: W:A bug!?!?!?  (Read 825 times)

Offline Sensei

W:A bug!?!?!?
« on: October 28, 2016, 10:46 AM »
Bought Cougar200K keyboard few months ago, just got time to test it last few weeks.
To make a long story short, I found out some cool features that kb has, and one of them is to set up it's frequency for work.

It's much faster with x2 frequency, but seems like W:A have problem to cope with that. And instead it gives me better roping performance, game sabotage me with input delay.

I want to have this x2 freq enabled, cause it gives the same feeling when roping like when v-sync is turned off (without screen freezes tho). It just got that big problem, when you hold key for 2+ seconds it's starts to stutter/delaying.

Made a short video, hope someone will find a solution.

https://sendvid.com/kdwpfb46 (after 00:30 you'll see what it does to rope when holding a cursor key more than few seconds)

Offline Vicenzo

Re: W:A bug!?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 07:04 PM »
pls someone answer to my friend sensei he is lost
WHO THE f@#! IS PAPICH?!

Offline Sensei

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 07:21 PM »
Where are the all programmers now when they're needed??? No one knows how to solve this!?
This thread was ultimate test! You all failed!

Love you Vic

Offline Deadcode

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 08:17 PM »
Well the repeat rate itself is not the problem. I have a keyboard with a hardware repeat rate of 125 characters per second (quadruple the standard, not just double) and it works fine with W:A. I have it plugged in as a PS/2 keyboard though, not USB.

A USB keyboard should not be messing with the repeat rate; key repeat on USB keyboards is handled by the OS. So a keyboard that does somehow change its repeat rate is probably doing it in a weird and bug-prone way, which even in apps that seem to support it fine are probably clumping the repeats on a smaller time scale.

I recommend turning off your keyboard's 2x repeat mode, and instead use something like CyberShadow's KeyboardEmperor.
If you can't build KeyboardEmperor from source yourself, here is a prebuilt binary: keyboardemperor-objfre_win7_amd64.7z - this is built for Windows 7 64-bit, and is hard-coded to a repeat-rate of 100 characters per second and repeat delay of 200 ms. It is an unsigned driver, so you will need to boot Windows in test mode to install and use it (see here). It may or may not work in Windows 10.

Edit: An easier way is to use keyrate.exe.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 08:00 PM by Deadcode »