Forums
May 15, 2024, 02:58 PM

Poll

Which of these is the best Hysteria SD timer?

4 (7.5%)
0 (0%)
1 (1.9%)
4 (7.5%)
16 (30.2%)
2 (3.8%)
1 (1.9%)
0 (0%)
1 (1.9%)
13 (24.5%)
0 + slow water rise
11 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: hyst poll  (Read 2506 times)

Re: hyst poll
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 01:30 PM »
Make it 6 then, 5 is an odd number, kind of gives advantage to the person who starts, doesn't it? Just a thought.

Not really? Could you elaborate? I don't see how...
Well, it's like the player who starts has 3 turns to skip, the other one only 2, it's not in balance. It's just a thought, it might not be any difference at all, just seems odd to me.
Player who start skiping have 5 turns to skip, or player who will darksiding would like to force SD instead of changing hide just to get plopped and loose?

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 05:32 PM »

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline franz

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2012, 06:29 PM »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2012, 06:36 PM »
Quite interesting the votes of this.

You have those people who vote 1s, the ones who hate people darksiding, and just want a quick fun game.

Then you have people who vote 5/6s, who like a bit of darksiding, but want a faster method of countering that.

Then you have people who vote 10s, who like to string it out and stay at the sides/bottom.

You know what I would just absolutely LOVE

The option of whoever picks Hysteria, has the choice of 0s+slow rise - 10s normal rise, and the opponent has to play whatever they choose.

For example, I TUS against Chelsea, he chooses Hyst with 10s SD cuz he likes to hide at the sides, i'd be cool with that, then I would pick Hysteria but with maybe 2s - 5s.

I think that'd be a pretty sweet feature of Hysteria, but that's me lol.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2012, 06:48 PM »

You have those people who vote 1s, the ones who hate people darksiding, and just want a quick fun game.

Then you have people who vote 5/6s, who like a bit of darksiding, but want a faster method of countering that.

Then you have people who vote 10s, who like to string it out and stay at the sides/bottom.

The option of whoever picks Hysteria, has the choice of 0s+slow rise - 10s normal rise, and the opponent has to play whatever they choose.

For example, I TUS against Chelsea, he chooses Hyst with 10s SD cuz he likes to hide at the sides, i'd be cool with that, then I would pick Hysteria but with maybe 2s - 5s.

really good idea friend  :-*

Offline franz

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 06:48 PM »

yeah this used to be common back in the day.  whoever hosted the game got to choose their favorite version of the scheme (just slight differences).

Offline Free

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 06:57 PM »
Yay for the poll. I hope 5s sd gets implemented.

It's about time tbh.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 07:00 PM »
Can I change my vote to my idea franz lol?

Offline franz

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2012, 07:18 PM »
lol, well komo that option does not really fit

"Which of these is the best Hysteria SD timer?"

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2012, 08:02 PM »

TuS should just let players agree on whatever rules they want f@#! sake, it'd stop all this drama...

Like, they use the TuS schemes as a template, and remix it whatever way they agree on...

Offline Husk

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2012, 08:26 PM »

TuS should just let players agree on whatever rules they want f@#! sake, it'd stop all this drama...

Like, they use the TuS schemes as a template, and remix it whatever way they agree on...

think of a football game, if spain and holland agree to play with their custom rules, would that be ok?

it's not like this only in football, it's the same thing with pretty much any competitive sport/game

Offline magic

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2012, 08:33 PM »
the best thing to do, is take out hysteria of tus :D

Offline Random00

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2012, 10:09 AM »
I think the water rising is too fast, tho ;S

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2012, 10:43 AM »

This is what i do, its legal as long as your opponent is aware and both agree. Otherwise you have to use default tus schemes

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2012, 11:18 AM »
I think we even allowed w2roper to be played if both players agreed a while back.
Also, it looks like a lot of people seem to want to make sd more part of the game considering the results :)