Forums
May 21, 2024, 08:26 PM

Author Topic: Rule  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Ray

Rule
« on: September 03, 2011, 06:22 PM »
Hey, there was an incident in a TUS game that I'd like to bring to your attention.

https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-83301/

In the first game, there was a huge lag on both ends, but the game started recovering, and I think that because while he had his turn, I was waiting for like a minute and then the chat started flooding and the game continued. I waited until the lag was over, I started my turn, which was the same time he must have had the lag on his end and he didn't wait, he quit the game.

I propose that a new rule is added:

In case of a lag, you have to wait and see if the game continues and recovers. You are not allowed to quit the game before the timeout.

Re: Rule
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 06:30 PM »
We've been acting under the rule that quitting a game means you surrender for a while, but apparently, we never put that in the rules :)
Cheers for the heads up! Rules page updated.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 06:52 PM »
Hey, there was an incident in a TUS game that I'd like to bring to your attention.

https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-83301/

In the first game, there was a huge lag on both ends, but the game started recovering, and I think that because while he had his turn, I was waiting for like a minute and then the chat started flooding and the game continued. I waited until the lag was over, I started my turn, which was the same time he must have had the lag on his end and he didn't wait, he quit the game.

I propose that a new rule is added:

In case of a lag, you have to wait and see if the game continues and recovers. You are not allowed to quit the game before the timeout.

Yeah good one mate, this has happened to me a number of times where the person gets impatient and quits, sometimes you are in a position in the game where you feel really confident, for example in BnG or Elite you hit part of the land that was a "tactical advantage" for them, and then they quit cuz small lag, and game restarts, and you lose that advantage.

This is why I really really really hate restarting games, no matter what the situation, i'd rather just cancel out the games altogether.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 06:53 PM »
I meant to post this somewhere else f@#!, sorry.

Offline Ray

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 07:33 PM »
Rules page updated
Have you included these lagging situations specifically? Apparently, my opponent did not understand that quitting is quitting either way, that's why I'd be specific about this in the rules.

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 09:28 PM »
2) Lag-outs

* If one player lags out and returns to the given channel, the game should be continued with handicap or restarted.
    * If a game is lagging, do not quit. Quitting means you surrender. If a game lags out, let it lag out.
    * If a player lags out and is not seen online 10 minutes later, then the game is taken care of by the following rules:
    * If it was the first game, then the game should not be reported, rather played at another time.
    * If it was the second game and the loser of the first game was seemingly losing the second game too, it can be reported. At any other occasion the moderators will decide about the outcome of the game, after it is posted to the forum's League Complaints section.
    * Moderators will never decide about the outcome of a game considering the skills of the players. Always the state of the game is what the moderators consider.

3) Quitting

* Quitting a game before it ends means you forfeit the game. There is only one exception to the rule: if your opponent chose the wrong scheme without informing you. Before you quit, you must point out the scheme is incorrect and that you want to replay the game with the correct scheme.
    * If a player returns to the channel but does not want to continue the game, then the quitting player's opponent automatically wins.
    * Only acceptable way of quitting is if the quitting is reasonable and the quitting player agrees with his/her opponent on playing the game another time.
    * Mostly the moderators will consider the state of the game, the way of the quitting, how the conversation went on and also the number of the game (first or second) and then decide about the outcome of the game(s).
    * Lag-outs and Quittings that could not be solved between the two players must be posted to League Complaints.

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 05:51 AM »
I had a talk with Deadcode sometime before about making "continue" games feature. So the plan we talked about was kinda clear and seemed not hard to do.
But I don't know when it is gonna get included in the updates :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 05:56 AM »
And how long should players wait? 1, 5 or 10 minutes?

Offline Ray

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 08:26 AM »
The timeout in the game is 90 seconds.