Forums
May 13, 2024, 11:14 AM

Author Topic: tus slow past few days?  (Read 3787 times)

Offline Alien

Re: tus slow past few days?
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2011, 01:12 AM »
oh btw...i haven't started to make this topic into another discussion...brb crying x'd

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2011, 06:37 AM »
What's the point in wasting my time looking when I can ask someome to show me xD Now shutup thanks :)

Offline Alien

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2011, 07:07 AM »
1. you can ask via pm or look by yourself even if you don't want to waste your time... [cough]posting whore[/cough] ;p
2. now i know, how you can have so much posts since 15. January 2010 - 3,778 f@#!ing posts in a bit more than 1 year !
3. even sniper has less posts than you and he's registered since 12. October 2009 and calls himself Tus Spammer.
4. you can keep the topic clean of other ''nonsense'' discussions, so all can concentrate on the headline (like me and prankster)
5. i have never got lags because of gifs, not even in my profile where are like 10 gifs... maybe it's because of your posts. ;O
6. now back to the real topic here and jajaja huahauhue ae i shut the f@#! up now np :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:28 AM by Alien »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2011, 09:12 AM »
Thanks for writing my Autobiography :)

Offline Prankster

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2011, 11:36 AM »
This Page Speed extension of Firebug says it's the pictures. But not only the gif's in shoutbox. I don't really know what does these things mean, or if MI can use this ".json" file that it could be exported to, but here are my results.

@Alien. Luckily noone really cared about your comments, so you didn't start another discussion. :D

Offline Alien

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2011, 12:58 PM »
jajajaja nice page speed extension +1 :D

komo, this was even not 10% of your biography here at tus.
prankster, suddenly none cares anymore about my posts...wonder why you did ! ;p

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2011, 09:15 PM »
I've tried a CSS compressor on TUS, look at the results :

Statistics
    Original size: 81.53 kB (83,484 B)
    Final size: 1.15 kB (1,176 B)
    Saved: 80.38 kB (82,308 B)
    Reduction: 98.59%

Duration: 0.29732 seconds

Rules: 19
    Selectors: 58
    Properties: 68

---
But actually I think something is going wrong there xD I can't believe you could compress it a 98% + :)
Another tool compressed it to 24% tho (on style.css from default theme)

http://iceyboard.no-ip.org/code/css_compressor.php?upload_link=http://tus-wa.com&opt_colours2hex=on&opt_short_hex=on&opt_hex2colours=on&opt_rgb2hex=on&opt_remove_zeros=on&opt_combine_identical_rules=on&opt_combine_identical_selectors=on&opt_combine_props_list=on&opt_remove_overwritten_properties=on&opt_short_margins_and_paddings=on&opt_text_weights_to_numbers=on&opt_output_stats=on&opt_output_colour=on&opt_output_compress=on

http://www.csscompressor.com/

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2011, 07:13 AM »
TUS soemtimes lags after you have clicked on a link for some seconds, then it opens the page fine. This is server being busy with other requests. Animated GIF images eat your CPU, it has nothing to do with tus being slow.

but sometime you link an image to an external site, and when tus is loading, that image site is taking too long to respond. For example in your browser status you will see "waiting for imageshack.com". These delays from external links may also cause delay in the opening process of a page.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Alien

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2011, 11:40 AM »
TUS soemtimes lags after you have clicked on a link for some seconds, then it opens the page fine. This is server being busy with other requests. Animated GIF images eat your CPU, it has nothing to do with tus being slow.

but sometime you link an image to an external site, and when tus is loading, that image site is taking too long to respond. For example in your browser status you will see "waiting for imageshack.com". These delays from external links may also cause delay in the opening process of a page.

ae lies, i don't want to believe that... even when i disable shoutbox, i get sometimes lags !
or you mean the gifs and pics on the page ?

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2011, 11:46 AM »
Animated gif images eat your CPU, but you shouldn't care much unless you have a very weak computer :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.