Forums > General discussion

Current status of the League

<< < (3/60) > >>

Sensei:
Last real fall of competitive TUS happened soon after MI stopped funding league. That's obvious. You can check activities of seasons around that time.

It wasn't realistic to expect MI to continue paying bunch of geezers to play 20yr old game. To bring back ppl in default/rope, make them pay buy-in. Like 5$ each. At the end of a season there will be enough money for rewards and what's left of it send to paypals of MI and other W:A ppl that deserved it for their contribution.

If 5$ for few months of season is too much for someone.. Then wow :D

Sbaffo:

--- Quote from: Sensei on July 25, 2018, 10:12 AM ---If 5$ for few months of season is too much for someone.. Then wow :D

--- End quote ---

40$ would be a symbolic buy-in xd but also it would be to an huge prize

Mega`Adnan:

--- Quote from: Sbaffo on July 25, 2018, 09:35 AM ---@Adnan hey did my post offend you? Huahauahau

--- End quote ---

What post?

TheKomodo:
That's a HUGE reason why I suggested going back to just 3 schemes, instead of having a selection of 8...

What is the biggest problem you ever saw while playing Leagues, it isn't activity, it's people avoiding, that's what pissed off most people.

Do you know how much it sucks when you are #1 at a scheme, and people wanna give you free wins cuz they just think they gonna lose, or they don't even respect the scheme you love enough to play it for 5-20 minutes, like Sbaffo couldn't find TTRR anywhere, that actually makes me feel crap he doesn't have his competition either...

Many of you, fair enough, disagree with a lot of what I say on these forums, nobody can say anything perfect on these forums, we all come against opposing arguements, but surely you can all agree with this statement - I love this game, and many of you do as well!

Even I, avoided schemes in the past, especially when it comes to Clanners, the simple reason is I love being so good at the schemes I love, and they take so much practise to stay at the top, I don't see myself as having enough time to be good enough to compete in all schemes, seriously... Even more these days because I am more active outside.

8 f**king schemes with the individual skillsets we have today, it's too much...

There are only really a handful of true all rounders who have the time to master everything and happily accept a challenge against anyone.

If you cut this league down to 3 schemes again, 3 schemes we know the majority of the WA community enjoy enough to play competitively, I think we could at least get enough activity to have anywhere between 25-100 players active which is better than right now it seems about 10 people.

I think we should have a rope scheme, a scheme with limited weapons and fast action that focuses on aiming/accuracy like BnG, but more modern, and a strategic scheme, just like the old days:

Rope - Big RR / WxW
Fast action, aiming/accuracy - Hysteria or Aerial
Strategic - Elite or Intermediate

These are the best schemes on Worms right now that I see most people agree are highly skilled, easy to learn, hard to master.

Do we even need Classic/Free league to stay when we have Tournaments and Cups available where people can play the other schemes they love like TTRR, Mole Shopper, Kaos etc...

Senator:

--- Quote from: Sbaffo on July 25, 2018, 09:35 AM ---I know it's not really league related what im gonna say, but we had eac previously, why don't we make something like that but based on tus classic?

--- End quote ---

I was actually planning to host a cup similar to previous Elite Winter Cup but with 5 schemes.. "Allround Summer Cup" :) Last time we had +100$ prize pool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version