Forums > General discussion

Early 2000s

<< < (5/8) > >>

TheKomodo:

--- Quote from: l7cx1Cl on March 08, 2019, 06:26 AM ---Hah thx it's actually my ipod 😏

Yo where can I listen ?  What daw u using?

--- End quote ---

Sorry I missed this.

Sure i've told you before lol, but I currently use Cubase 8.5.2 (legit).

https://soundcloud.com/komito-1

l7cx1Cl:

nice dude I like sea star ^.^
this is my first attempt at DNB

https://soundcloud.com/nak4ma-psy/dnb-track-is-not-done

TheKomodo:
What DAW are you using?

I kind of like the idea you are going for, the beat has an interesting groove, but the mixdown is, as expected, pretty noob.

I really like the intro, it has an interesting atmosphere to it.

The kickdrum/snare/hihats etc sound way over compressed to me, they sound very thin and weak, the hi hats aren't as weak as the drums but can still be improved.

The bass sounds quite weak as well, in contrast to the rest of the track it sounds ok, but the whole track itself sounds over compressed, lacks energy because of everything sounding thin.

Still, it's better than my 1st attempt at Drum & Bass lol.

Check this out:

https://www.musicradar.com/computermusic/computer-music-issue-214-ultimate-freeware-march-2015-615578

I used to buy a lot of the Computer Music Magazine issues back then because the guy I was learning from was an editor/contributor to the magazine, and I stumbled across this beauty.

If you scroll down you will come to "DnB TRACK-BUILDER", that specific tutorial was instrumental in learning how to do an authentic sounding mixdown, as well as how to make proper sounding DnB Drums.

If you purchase a copy of that issue, you can download the tutorial and the samples, even if you don't use the same DAW, you can translate everything it teaches into any DAW, and the best thing is, all the VSTs used are free! There are a couple of VSTs you will need to do your own research to find though, I managed to do it, i'm sure you can too :)

But definitely worth it if you are interested in learning DnB.

This track was made after copying the tutorial exactly, then changing/editing everything to my own taste, hence the name 214 Aftermath:

https://soundcloud.com/komito-1/komito-214-aftermath

This song got me on radio, and through that I made a few good friends in the scene, and I couldn't have done it without that tutorial :)

Plutonic:

--- Quote from: varialheelflip on March 01, 2019, 04:26 AM ---Any players from the early 2000's still around? I've bumped into oldsock and saltyk9. I know walrus is around too.  Hope to play with you guys soon, been a while.

I'd like to give a shout out to Sensei and his twitch interviews with old school wormers. I bumped into the interview from a link that bloopy posted in our WwA facebook group. From that interview I downloaded the game and trying to play a little bit when I have time. Thanks Sensei!

And Hello everyone.

--- End quote ---

Hey Var,

Don't really get a chance to play very often, but still keeping an eye on things around here :)

l7cx1Cl:

--- Quote from: TheKomodo on March 09, 2019, 03:53 PM ---What DAW are you using?

I kind of like the idea you are going for, the beat has an interesting groove, but the mixdown is, as expected, pretty noob.

I really like the intro, it has an interesting atmosphere to it.

The kickdrum/snare/hihats etc sound way over compressed to me, they sound very thin and weak, the hi hats aren't as weak as the drums but can still be improved.

The bass sounds quite weak as well, in contrast to the rest of the track it sounds ok, but the whole track itself sounds over compressed, lacks energy because of everything sounding thin.

Still, it's better than my 1st attempt at Drum & Bass lol.

Check this out:

https://www.musicradar.com/computermusic/computer-music-issue-214-ultimate-freeware-march-2015-615578

I used to buy a lot of the Computer Music Magazine issues back then because the guy I was learning from was an editor/contributor to the magazine, and I stumbled across this beauty.

If you scroll down you will come to "DnB TRACK-BUILDER", that specific tutorial was instrumental in learning how to do an authentic sounding mixdown, as well as how to make proper sounding DnB Drums.

If you purchase a copy of that issue, you can download the tutorial and the samples, even if you don't use the same DAW, you can translate everything it teaches into any DAW, and the best thing is, all the VSTs used are free! There are a couple of VSTs you will need to do your own research to find though, I managed to do it, i'm sure you can too :)

But definitely worth it if you are interested in learning DnB.

This track was made after copying the tutorial exactly, then changing/editing everything to my own taste, hence the name 214 Aftermath:

https://soundcloud.com/komito-1/komito-214-aftermath

This song got me on radio, and through that I made a few good friends in the scene, and I couldn't have done it without that tutorial :)

--- End quote ---

Cool ty ! Will check it out! Congrats on the radio.  My shit would be to dark for radio haha.  I'm underground for life🤣

And the vibe is more neurofunk or techstep
I really like deep dark music!   My main squeeze I'm creating in ableton is dark psytrance and dark progressive. Checj out zenon records.  This is the record label I WILL be on.  The CEO liked one of my tracks 😁

I made that little track in less than a hour. 
I had a project due the next day and just put a bunch of shit together.  Everyone liked it hah 😁And a buddy of mine helped with the intro

It's very noob!   Dnb iz hard dude!

But my wife that is a dnb junkie who DJ in berlin for dnb and techno for like 5years.   Really wants to make it.  And so we will evtnaully be make some wicked tunes.  We have been discussing on making a new genre that is dnb/psytrance

Wish we could collab ! 
Btw do u know of any places that sell templates?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version