Forums > General discussion

Early 2000s

(1/8) > >>

varialheelflip:
Any players from the early 2000's still around? I've bumped into oldsock and saltyk9. I know walrus is around too.  Hope to play with you guys soon, been a while.

I'd like to give a shout out to Sensei and his twitch interviews with old school wormers. I bumped into the interview from a link that bloopy posted in our WwA facebook group. From that interview I downloaded the game and trying to play a little bit when I have time. Thanks Sensei!

And Hello everyone.

skunk3:
Not too many that play often. Every time I've logged into W:A lately it's been totally dead, aside from maybe a handful of random noobs and idle snoopers.

The Extremist:
I started playing in 2004, though I've rarely played the past couple of years while I'm working on a console backlog.

Kradie:

--- Quote from: skunk3 on March 01, 2019, 05:06 AM ---Not too many that play often. Every time I've logged into W:A lately it's been totally dead, aside from maybe a handful of random noobs and idle snoopers.

--- End quote ---

Again, these ''random'' can surprise you with their intellect, & can evolve.
I can mention a couple of ''unfamiliar'' names here. But they don't matter to you, because they have not compete in league, or are from the old generation.

Regardless, there are still people around like Walrus & Saltyk, that's about it.
I did however encounter franz aka flowingwater 2 years ago. We had a lengthy warmer.

skunk3:

--- Quote from: Kradie on March 06, 2019, 10:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: skunk3 on March 01, 2019, 05:06 AM ---Not too many that play often. Every time I've logged into W:A lately it's been totally dead, aside from maybe a handful of random noobs and idle snoopers.

--- End quote ---

Again, these ''random'' can surprise you with their intellect, & can evolve.
I can mention a couple of ''unfamiliar'' names here. But they don't matter to you, because they have not compete in league, or are from the old generation.

Regardless, there are still people around like Walrus & Saltyk, that's about it.
I did however encounter franz aka flowingwater 2 years ago. We had a lengthy warmer.

--- End quote ---

We've talked about this before.

I have played with literally thousands of randoms over the years and that's well and good but these days when I jump on WormNET I want to play with people I know, or at the very least people who are aware of rules, can speak and understand English well, have some degree of skill, and aren't idiot trolls. I don't give a crap if people play in leagues nor do I care what 'generation' they are from. I don't want to play with noobs, period. It's a waste of time. If I want to play randoms and roll the dice I have Worms WMD for that.

Anyway, I see Salty and sometimes Walrus on Snooper but I haven't seen them active when I've logged in lately... then again, I typically log in and log off fairly quickly if I see that AG is dead, as it usually is these days. I don't use Snoopers (I hate them) and I don't have the patience to sit around for ages hoping that someone will want a game. Thank goodness I've accumulated quite the circle of friends who play WMD because I can still get my Worms fix. (But not my roping fix, sadly.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version