Forums
April 19, 2024, 01:29 AM

Author Topic: Wormnet moderation  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Kradie

Re: Wormnet moderation
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2024, 07:27 PM »
MonkeyIsland for the president! Well said!
I would endorse that. TUS has become a much more friendlier place in recent times. Before when the moderation were looser, people would often get away by being cruel to one another, and more topics were allowed to talk about as well. Sad thing is.. As much as I love that all topics should be allowed, a civilized discussion is hard to maintain, personal attacks and Insults are bond to happen. You would expect grownups would behave, but they don't always. I just remember that Worms WMD thread, where many people ripped on that guy Jono? I think that was the name of him. He was friendly.

If moderation would take place on WormNET, how would it be? Would it only be in the main channels? Or would it extend to host rooms and in-games?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 07:32 PM by Kradie »
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2024, 11:30 PM »
What he said there about me is not true. It is taken out of context and is one sided, complete disinformation. But when I see people spread lies to feel validated then I must speak out.
I don't have clues or printscreens about what I said. But I remember very well. It's from the times your server was called Zarmageddon, not Global Wormin'. It's from the times that you were posting almost daily videos like "Awaken with JP" and "Prager U". By the way, the video about the coup encouragement might be from Prager U, it might still exist, maybe I can find it, but I doubt, because there were so many videos of these "sources" of stupidity and disinformation (and it was probably erased after some time and the coup attempt itself)... And it's now a known and studied fact that the fake news mainly purpose is to encourage people to go to the streets and engage on the cause, rather than form opinions and convince people. So, that video was probably made exactly to encourage the coup attempt that was unsure that would indeed happen at the time. But it was probably around November or December 2022. During the elections of 2022 or right after it. Many Brazilians were grouped around barracks and camping in the country's capital, Brasília, where the congress and all the 3 powers of the republic are located. You don't remember this, because it was only one of the hundreds of fake news and stupid videos you posted on your "Negativity" channel or whatever were the ones that you were using. I remember very well, because I know the history of my country because I read many books written by historians and journalists and I was reading the news that you called "mainstream media" at the time. I'm surely not the one spreading lies and being against vaccines like you were famous about including here on TUS. Maybe I will find the old topics about antivax stuff you supported during one of the most severe pandemics of the humanity. If I were I liar like you say, I would be banned from the wiki that I edit for years of this game. And I was indeed questioned many times about the stuff I wrote there, I proved them all, though. Different than you that is a disgusting person.

Some people read his first post here in this topic and they were shocked. This is a guy who wants to strangle freedom. Who wants to hang with such a person?No wonder I have the power to Ignore.
When I said about hate, I was talking about people that practice hate to a group of people, often called minorities. I just said what I think about you, because here on Tus we have Free Speech with some necessary moderation it requires, though. I didn't attack any minority. I attacked you, as a criticism of your beliefs and behavior that I read for many years in this community. And I don't hate you, I just don't like what you think and what you say here. And yeah, I support freedom and democracy, despite knowing that the democracy is limited and ruled by capitalism and companies.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 11:35 PM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline preduestniq

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2024, 09:19 AM »
Welcome to TUS and congratulations on your first wall-post :)

Thanks.

WormNET is like a club or a bar. People who enter the club/bar may not know each other but they are looking to experience something similar. Now everytime you go to the bar you see people vomiting or having a bar fight, even though none of them are targeted at you, it definitely impacts your experience of that bar/club.

Awesome comparison!

In life, very few things remain constant. there's always chance of things changing for the better in the future, and the only way to witness that is to persevere till the day it becomes a reality. I don't have any knowledge about your personal situation, and how rough it might be to be in your position, but still, I truly hope that you stick around long enough to see that day.

Death is an inevitable part of life that will eventually come for us all, but we likely only have one chance at existence, so there's no need to rush; the door (to way out of this life) will always be open, and I found that extremely comforting during tough times in my life, because even if things got much worse, I knew that the door would always remain open. I was fortunate enough to actually see things change for the better, and there is no reason to believe that you won't see it.

So let's keep moving forward to see what else we can experience in this life until death takes us.

Thank you very much for supporting me despite the fact that you see me first time in the life. I appreciate that a lot!

P.S. Also, you listening to Norther, huh? I faintly recall coming across one of their song on Spotify (I think it was Frozen Angel, not sure). I liked the one you shared, the ominous guitar riff midway through the song is nice. :D Finland have plenty great bands.

Ain't listened to almost any music for the last half a year. Listened a lot to Norther in 2013 and 2014, then in 2022 and 2023.
Didn't expect someone here would be interested about the music I've listened to, what a wonderful surprise, heh.

Feel free to share metal songs you like in this thread: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/off-topic/all-metal-fans-post-here-18858/

Alright.

I'd like to propose an adult (unmoderated/unfiltered) channel on WormNET. Such a channel would be hidden by default in the Network settings. Those who would risk to open this channel would do it on their own volition.

I like the idea. Additionally perhaps it's worth to add a system that checks player's age in their steam account to grant them access to the adult channel if they're 18+ (not sure if it's possible to implement).

Btw minimal moderation/filtering must be even in the adult channel anyway. There are lots of things which can't be tolerated: sharing someone's personal data, spreading malicious links, spamming huge amount of messages and many other ones which I even don't wanna mention.

However I have also an alternative simplier solution. Since the in-game chat (not the WormNET's or the lobby's one) has no moderation/filters and also no clickable links support, probably it makes sense just to turn the clickable links support off for the adult channel, at least for a beginning. Most likely the moderation/filters shall be added to the in-game chat as well sooner or later.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 10:03 AM by preduestniq »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2024, 05:57 PM »
I like the idea. Additionally perhaps it's worth to add a system that checks player's age in their steam account to grant them access to the adult channel if they're 18+ (not sure if it's possible to implement).

Btw minimal moderation/filtering must be even in the adult channel anyway. There are lots of things which can't be tolerated: sharing someone's personal data, spreading malicious links, spamming huge amount of messages and many other ones which I even don't wanna mention.

However I have also an alternative simplier solution. Since the in-game chat (not the WormNET's or the lobby's one) has no moderation/filters and also no clickable links support, probably it makes sense just to turn the clickable links support off for the adult channel, at least for a beginning. Most likely the moderation/filters shall be added to the in-game chat as well sooner or later.

I am no programmer but I have this feeling that it won't be easy nor possible to Implement a system where WA checks user profile on steam, let alone GOG, and CD version.

I moderate my own Worms Server, and I try my best to keep it clean from spam, malicious links, and bad people. However, I do allow people to discuss and share whatever that is on their mind within the confinement of reason, as longest it is kept orderly and civilized. If similar mentality and order e.g MonkeyIsland, could come to adult channel, then that would be great. But then again people who logs onto WormNET normally has 1 goal, to play game, and not to look for discussions on whatever. But people do chat and talk to each other anyway, at least there would be an option.

You already have the option to Ignore people in game (ctrl+F1 2 3 4+). Though this method is not visible and obvious.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 06:01 PM by Kradie »
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2024, 06:06 PM »
I moderate my own Worms Server, and I try my best to keep it clean from spam, malicious links, and bad people. However, I do allow people to discuss and share whatever that is on their mind within the confinement of reason, as longest it is kept orderly and civilized.

This is what I mean though... You keep going on about "Freedom of speech" whenever we discuss WormNET moderation, yet you constantly also admit you limit freedom of speech in your own channels.

"I do allow people to discuss and share whatever that is on their mind within the confinement of reason, as long as it is kept orderly and civilized" - So in otherwords, exactly everything I and others here have been saying the entire time. When it comes to FoS, you contradict yourself with your own actions quite often. Though, don't take that as negative insult because in this case it is not, it's a good thing that your actions resemble the truth, even if your words don't sometimes.

Yes, it would be nice if EVERYONE could live without rules, and laws etc... That just isn't the world we live in yet, we are not evolved enough as a species collectively.

Your problem is the same problem I have sometimes... The ideal world we wished we lived in, and the world we actually live in, are 2 different things and we cannot expect everyone to be on that level of a dream world yet, we're just not evolved enough yet.