Forums
March 02, 2021, 04:08 AM

Author Topic: Impersonating and toxic behaviour on wormnet  (Read 810 times)

Offline Komito

Re: Impersonating and toxic behaviour on wormnet
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2021, 09:30 PM »
I swear I can tap out Rafal faster than Anubis can scroll with his feet.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2021, 01:39 AM »
TL;DR, redjohn is great

new account praising lupa with 1 post actually lupa, too?  :-*

Offline Anubis

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2021, 05:40 PM »
Praise the lupa!

Offline Monata

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2021, 06:01 PM »
TL;DR, redjohn is great

new account praising lupa with 1 post actually lupa, too?  :-*

I started playing online some months ago and even though I mostly play roper schemes, I think quite a number of players know me.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2021, 06:27 PM »
Rafal is more of a mere inconvenience if you know how to handle it. So in my case I simply Ignore it, I don't acknowledge it existence when it is in my host lobby. So why don't I boot it? A cockroach will always find their way back inside, in other word, it will just keep on reappearing like a fungus & spamming team in.

When other people join my game, they warn my about Rafal, that it's a troll, an meaningless entity who's only goal is to feed off by the misfortune of others. Simply, through the word of other people, Rafal only starts fights, insults, and rage quits. Even I have witnessed this malice in my host room, and in other games. I tell other to Ignore, it will be over once we begin the game because I just remove it when we are about to start.

I am not entirely sure what motivates Rafal to be what it is, it could be it is mentally challenged, alcoholic, or genuinely low on social interaction or just plain dumb. Then again it could just be plain evil, although evil could be driven by hurt, disturbing gratification or ignorance. I am no psychiatrist, but it always interesting to see what drives entities like Rafal.  This sort of deep thinking is not for everybody though, after all it is a game to play and have fun with your friends. Not to be dealing with stuff like Rafal & psychology.

My best advice to Ignore it, and don't give it attention.

RedJohn is a different ball. He is a bit eccentric & special but he is no Rafal, never has RedJohn gone full Rafal. RedJohn can say weird things, perhaps quit without warning, and well that's about it.

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2021, 07:36 PM »
So what about redjohn, do you have any proof of redjohn being toxic because i've always known him to be pretty sound.

(Please don't make me ask again.)

+++++++++++++++++++

"TheWalrus

TL;DR, redjohn is great

new account praising lupa with 1 post actually lupa, too?  "

So when I'm trying to give a shout out about racism, impersonating, insulting others with no apparent reason in an online game, some of you nerd n00bie guys here start talking about completely different topics, like my friend's profile belongs to me, me writing empty accusations and etc, weird nerd boyz u are.  :D :D

Since you are no WA admin on wormnet Komito, nor anyone who could do anything about this, I had no intention of showing any proof to you specifically regarding about "redjohn", why would I lol, and have you at least read my previous comment? My answer to your question is still there.

"I have plenty of other screenshots and WA replays saved with renkiller, rafal, redjohn, if anyone interested or anything, I can send them in private. (:
I obviously won't waste my time by just generally uploading it to youtube, or here as a proof, because it's just too silly and too toxic, and I don't want to get involved in their little games by showing who they are to random people, who don't even care about it in the first place. I'd rather upload a proper gameplay of myself with friends, but if anyone wants to see, ask for it. ^^"

If you have sent me a private message here or anywhere and ask about the replay then maybe, but you did not do such a thing. :) Just looking for a meaningless nonsense online quarrel here, like a bright person you are in your free time. (: Don't look for it, you're too much of a nerd for it. ;) (And your Walrus bro) You have 10.000+ hours in the BnG scheme (really WEIRD, lol), go back and add 10 more hours to bng then pls. (: If your bng'er brain can't deal with this little piece of information, I suggest you switch from BnG, and play RR and roper schemes, you'll get a faster brain activity there, Komi.  :-*

And by the way, I don't really think we're talking about the same "redjohn" person still, man. There was an anonymus guy using the "redjohn" nickname for a long period of time, many players know and experienced this. He was russian/ukranian, who tried to troll me and others as well, and at one point, he had this nickname on himself "redjohn". After you have got bored of him and started kicking him out of your games, he changed names, and used other players' nicknames. He might have had stolen it from the original "redjohn" person that YOU know, so I don't really see the point going into this anymore.

The WA community still seems great to me, except for some of you nerdie-wormie boyz, alongside with the toxic trolls. P: Don't spam this thread with nonsense off-topic comments anymore, I shall ask thy once more. ^^

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2021, 07:37 PM »
Rafal is more of a mere inconvenience if you know how to handle it. So in my case I simply Ignore it, I don't acknowledge it existence when it is in my host lobby. So why don't I boot it? A cockroach will always find their way back inside, in other word, it will just keep on reappearing like a fungus & spamming team in.

When other people join my game, they warn my about Rafal, that it's a troll, an meaningless entity who's only goal is to feed off by the misfortune of others. Simply, through the word of other people, Rafal only starts fights, insults, and rage quits. Even I have witnessed this malice in my host room, and in other games. I tell other to Ignore, it will be over once we begin the game because I just remove it when we are about to start.

I am not entirely sure what motivates Rafal to be what it is, it could be it is mentally challenged, alcoholic, or genuinely low on social interaction or just plain dumb. Then again it could just be plain evil, although evil could be driven by hurt, disturbing gratification or ignorance. I am no psychiatrist, but it always interesting to see what drives entities like Rafal.  This sort of deep thinking is not for everybody though, after all it is a game to play and have fun with your friends. Not to be dealing with stuff like Rafal & psychology.

My best advice to Ignore it, and don't give it attention.

RedJohn is a different ball. He is a bit eccentric & special but he is no Rafal, never has RedJohn gone full Rafal. RedJohn can say weird things, perhaps quit without warning, and well that's about it.

And I thank you for your comment Kradie. (: And for your piece of advice. (Finally a little light, in the darkness of nerd weird WA hardcore gamers :D )

Offline Komito

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2021, 09:53 PM »
You come in here making serious accusations about people, then when asked to prove it, you will not.

Not only are you unwilling to prove it, you are calling comments specifically related to the accusations made "nonsense comments". The only thing nonsensical about this thread is your attitude towards people trying to help you.

Do you realize how ridiculous this situation you have created is? You came here, onto a public forum making public accusations about people, you mentioned a specific game where a specific person was saying toxic and homophobic things. This is not to be taken lightly, if you are going to make accusations in public, you should be able to prove those accusations in public.

For the record one of my closest friends who i've been friends with for almost 20 years through this game and visit often is actually a WormNET mod, I also have channels to reach out to Deadcode and CyberShadow, if you have evidence that someone is being homophobic, racist, etc. So while I cannot physically ban people myself, I most certainly can at least help you do something about it and pass on information to people who can act on evidence. If you actually pay attention around here you should have noticed by now i'm very much against racism, homophobia and other bigoted perspectives.

You can either choose to be cooperative, or choose to be the kid who cried wolf, it's your choice.

Offline Squirminator2k

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2021, 11:03 PM »
I've gotta side with Komito, here - if you're willing to make public accusations of unacceptable behavior, you should be willing also to make the evidence of that behavior public.

Offline nino

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2021, 12:12 PM »
Peoples are just  :-X nowadays

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • Semi Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2021, 07:39 PM »
Aliases have been a problem since forever, and as much as I tried reporting them -usually in #worms through IRC- the only person that ever did anything was Lex.

I remember a guy named CyberShinobi from Portugal, he trolled - aliased - impersonated for years, and I don't exactly remember if he ever got a warning or a ban. There was an argentinian guy named ArGen, from Argentina, who got impersonated for years. I don't know if he plays anymore, but he was quite bored of the whole situation (he was the guy that remixed several popular shopper maps, IIRC).

Right now, there is Rafal, there is a brazillian guy named Renkiller. There's Corujao, too, that booted me after asking me if I was a girl and I said no. He was the 'real person' named Corujao, too. Sadly, the community hasn't grown, but apparently it has not stayed healthy either. And we also have these bigots on forums, that MI wisely -and quickly- shut down. Now I think I can partially understand when old players say 'I miss 20xx era', as silly as it sounds.

And who gets booted out of the #help discord channel, because he was wearing a "too long" nickname and it'd scare newcomers (with no previous warnings? Of course, it was me lmao.
23:30: gooseysnoop> my balls 
23:30: gooseysnoop> are boiled 
23:30: NBRgab-> oh 
23:30: NBRgab-> like 
23:30: NBRgab-> coconuts 
01:07: gooseysnoop> no 
01:07: gooseysnoop> coconuts are not boiled 
01:07: gooseysnoop> u fool 
01:08: NBRgab-> hey 
01:08: NBRgab-> but boiled coconuts are 
01:08: gooseysnoop> fuck. good point

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2021, 08:38 PM »
I have known Corujao for a "long" time now, and yes, that's pretty sure that renkiller was the one who impersonated him and stole his nickname for a really long period of time. (This is a well known fact among the WA community of brazilian players) Corujao himself can declare in this matter tho if he wants. :) It was never actually him doing any "trolling". This is kinda annoying if you think about it, what these losers are doing, "abusing" the anonymity in a way like this on a gaming platform.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 08:53 PM by Lupastic »

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • cFc cFc clan
  • WoSC WoSC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2021, 12:33 AM »
Renkiller used "Corujão" name (which means big owl) many times, sometimes as "Coruja", and "Corujinha" (which means little owl) which was the way Renkiller called Corujão the most, just to tease him. Renkiller is not only a simple troll, he is a real racist too. Corujão is my friend and I doubt he would act as a troll, even though sometimes he joins games with different nicknames (probably to avoid dealing with Renkiller who really persecutes him). I would say Corujão pratically lives in WormNET and everybody who is active now probably knows him, all people I know say compliments about him. Sometimes he makes too many weird questions and I think I don't agree with some of his thoughts and political views, but as a player he is a very nice person. His english is not the best one but he tries a lot to communicate well with people on WormNET.
Do you want to know different and creative schemes around Worms community? Check Scheme ideas.

See all my maps on my WMDB profile.

My nickname has to do with my time records of the hardest rank to get after the credits of Metal Gear Solid 3.

I used to play WWP online before playing WA online.

Offline lolicon-guy

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2021, 12:56 AM »
Ah, this br guy, maybe friend of that fat-ass finlandian "little girlfriend" my archenemy has (btw wish that card tower fell already, doesn't matter to the worms life but to that other community I say... fuck you! I never even wanted to come back, and fuck your "community"). Renkiller maybe? But there's "PinkMan"... I never seen that nick again though, but I wouldn't doubt if was himself. And yeah, as he puts it, he believes he can see through your soul or something like that, but he indeed uses a great deal of psychology. Maybe to defeat his autism (since it's such a big topic for him lol), too bad he'll become a sociopath before reaching the middle point. Stay the shit away from him, he'll steal even your words. Also looks like he might be using 2 PCs/Game instances at times.

The guy is into computers. One day he threatened with my IP XD. But I know I'm under NAT and what happens under NAT :P
I already brought this case on #worms's bridge on Discord, you'll find me in the chat log with the FireRat nick; and maybe I got this guy's real identity from there, just look at the only person who tried to annoy me back, with the same wording style (or I can post these messages if happen to disappear... :P). On top of that, that one guy would later manage to send me a DM even though I have him blocked. Which makes sense considering he's got a link to reddit in his profile, where I learnt he moderates a group for programmers, I don't know anything on how Discord works or its vulnerabilities though.

See, when the card towers finally fall and get sure I'm wrong about this guy (if that happens), I'll personally tell him that I'm sorry. Btw fractals suck, go code some impossible vfx for an old-ass retro console. In ASM.
Well these are my current conclusions. I could go on with other stuff, but I haven't even played W:A in months.

That said, checkout that "I-NEVER-LOST has lost a game" replay xD

To staffers on Discord and StepS, told you so... Make in-game kicking a built-in option, add it to HostingBuddy as well, and give the guy a stupidly high 6/12 month ban with the best possible antiVPN/Proxy methods like you once did. Really. You'll do more good than harm, I wonder if you ACTUALLY don't BECAUSE someone else says so or "too bad, the real reasons are out of reach (haha)". Yes that's a personal attack, I mean I can't imagine how an option to kick can be abused at all. Be real? At least with StepS, I know you're not the "full-correct" or whatever kinda guy you try to act in here. Just one more reason why I hate advocates and wannabes.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 02:02 AM by lolicon-guy »

Offline skunk3

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2021, 01:06 AM »
I've never had an issue with redjohn. In fact, he's a pretty funny dude. Rafal, on the other hand, is a fucking retard. Even if you don't kick him from a game, it's the same thing every time:

-he makes the same dumb jokes at the start of every match (literally, the same jokes)
-he acts like an immature cocksucker
-he ragequits the moment he makes a big fail

I have tried to convince him many, many times that his behavior makes people not want to play with him but he simply does not care. He thinks his particular brand of trolling is funny, and he refuses to stop doing it. I enjoy trolling myself, and I think it can be funny from time to time, but he really needs to give it a rest.