Forums > General discussion

MapGEN v0.8.7.2

<< < (75/77) > >>

h3oCharles:
that uuh doesn't sound like fun

TheKomodo:
I must be doing something wrong here.

For some reason whenever I try to load a map I saved with this generator, it pops up "Error opening map file".

I'm just using the TTRR template, with default settings, i've checked and it's 1920x696, the colours all seem fine, i've got no idea why it won't load.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edit - I've tried just randomizing it over and over and none of these maps will load for me in WA, wtf?

Plutonic:
Weird... I will try it here if I get a chance.. I may forget though so feel free to poke again later :D

TheKomodo:

--- Quote from: Plutonic on August 04, 2021, 06:33 AM ---Weird... I will try it here if I get a chance.. I may forget though so feel free to poke again later :D

--- End quote ---

The last time I used this it was a much earlier version and it worked fine, it must be a corrupt file somehow after saving.

Even if I take a screenshot of the map at full size, paste it in, then manually increase then decrease colours again, save as PNG, make sure it has the right scale - 1920x696, and save it, with a new name, I still get the error... I have absolutely no idea why this is happening.

Though if I make a new map from scratch inside paint shop pro, it works fine...

Edit:

This is the weirdest thing i've ever seen... So it's working now, apparently you cannot save any file into a folder called MapGEN, whether you edit or not after...

I made a folder called MapGEN inside my TTRR folder and tried saving the maps, they wouldn't load, I got that error.

So I tried opening those files and editing them saving them as something else, didn't work, same error.

I tried doing the same as just mentioned, though copying them, pasting them into a new project, then saving them after checking dimensions and colours were fine, didn't work, same error.

I tried editing them and saving them in another folder, didn't work, same error.

It was only when I started saving the maps from the generator into a folder without the name "MapGEN" that it started working.

I do not understand that at all... At least I got it working though, just don't create a folder called MapGEN lol.

Plutonic:
Oh! Its the wkMapGEN Module!
It relies on "fake" png maps in a MapGEN folder in order to know what to generate. It will be passing in the full map to MapGEN for it to try and Generate a new map, which then fails!

Ok, so yes, not calling your folder MapGEN is the easy fix. If I ever get time to work on MapGEN it may be something I can find a work around for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version