Forums
May 02, 2024, 08:52 AM

Author Topic: WA updates question  (Read 888 times)

Offline Chiba

• Japan Japan
    • View Profile
WA updates question
« on: July 07, 2014, 10:36 AM »
Hi,

I haven't been following the new updates for WA in quite some time now. Usually I went to the Team17 forums where these two guys were working on and releasing semi-official updates for WA. Now that the forums are gone I'm not sure what the actual status is.
I have the original CD version of the game as well as a version on Steam (no idea where I got that one from). Which version should I use? Are those updates still worked on or have they been cancelled along with the removal of the Team17 forums? What's the current status?

Thanks for any information.

Offline Husk

Re: WA updates question
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 11:52 AM »
http://worms2d.info/Worms_Armageddon there u go

"The latest version of the game is 3.7.2, released on 15 March, 2013."

Offline Chiba

• Japan Japan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 01:34 PM »
Is this version supported for the CD version as well as the Steam version? Also, is Team17 still actively creating updates for WA?

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 05:07 PM »
There's a 3.7.2.1 update for both editions. You can download the CD update here.

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 08:58 PM »
Those two guys, Deadcode and CyberShadow, continue their work on the game. Considering the updates get distributed through Steam now as well, I suppose that makes them as official as they've ever been, although they were always hosted on the Team17 website anyway.

The CD and Steam versions of the game are compatible with each other in almost every way, including online, but each has its own very minor advantages and disadvantages. The Steam version has for example had some objectionable soundbanks and flags removed from it (easily downloaded and added back in by the user), but is kept up to date automatically via the Steam client. You probably got your copy from a Humble Bundle, by the way.

Offline Chiba

• Japan Japan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 06:27 AM »
Thank you all for the information. I really don't like that they took down the forums.
I guess I will stick with the CD version then. It's also easier to find the installation folder in order to add custom stuff such as flags and graves.

Offline StepS

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 08:54 AM »
It's also easier to find the installation folder in order to add custom stuff such as flags and graves.
It's not hard to do so on the Steam version (open properties in the Steam library and push "Browse to local files"). Also if you need to replace some CD-only data, such as missions and other things, you will need modules like wkFileOverride here. In Steam edition, they're all in the same place thus no module is required to redirect their locations.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Tomi

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 11:27 AM »
Btw don't do CS and DC need any help? New testers? Or developers for little components of the new update? I guess there would be some guys who may want to help :D