Forums
May 11, 2024, 06:18 PM

Author Topic: Aliasing  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Maciej

Aliasing
« on: November 03, 2012, 07:58 PM »
Hay, as you probably know I'm deadly inactive since few weeks because of my monitor problems. But what I noticed... my underlined nickname on TUS. I used wormNET snooper and there was some 'Maciej' on AG! Firstly I thought it may be some polish newcomer because Maciej is just popular name in Poland, but this guy had german flag. I guess it was poor try to alias me, as he disappeared after I wrote to him...
IMO it would be good to make 'private' nicknames for better-known players in worms world, it would solve aliasing problem. Even easier that we are small community. But it's only a dream, this game is too old for this.

Re: Aliasing
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 08:11 PM »
It would also solve this problem if people would read this thread and do what it says in the first post.
I'm starting to think we should hand out penalties to people who can't be arsed to check ???

Offline avirex

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 08:16 PM »
darkone, seems like tus is becoming penalty happy....

please dont do that to this league.... this is not first-blood...

Offline Guaton

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 08:23 PM »
It would also solve this problem if people would read this thread and do what it says in the first post.
I'm starting to think we should hand out penalties to people who can't be arsed to check ???

seriously , bahaha

Offline General-Butthurt

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 08:27 PM »
Maciej is just popular name in Poland, but this guy had german flag
that's because Maciej is also popular insult in Germany.

Offline lalo

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 08:51 PM »
Don't panic Maciej, I've met lots of others maciejs in UK. Do you know something called immigration?

Offline Maciej

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 02:12 AM »
I know what immigration is, but as a Pole I can't imagine browsing internet under any other flag, especially german one.
Well Darkone, there are many topics in tus I don't even know about existancing, but I just forgot about this one, which I've seen time, time ago.
Anyway I don't think it's something really bad, there are much more silly topic in tus xd

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 04:25 AM »
Well Darkone, there are many topics in tus I don't even know about existancing, but I just forgot about this one, which I've seen time, time ago.

That shouldn't matter, though.
If you get an e-mail from someone saying he's the prince of Nigeria and you're thinking about taking him up on his offer to give you a big sack of money, you first check whether he really is the prince of Nigeria, don't you?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 05:34 AM »
I DON'T! HE WOULD BECOME MY PRINCE IF HE GIVES ME THE MONEY!!1
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline avirex

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 03:30 PM »
I know what immigration is, but as a Pole I can't imagine browsing internet under any other flag, especially german one.

maybe he does not know you change your flag in regional settings of your computer?

btw: i also have an alias, so ppl beware!!.... but this one is a more sneaky alias, he is a smarter alias!!! he even is using the american flag!!!   hes a very good rope racer, he is pretending to be in a different clan then dt, and even play clanner games and rope race challenges!!!   he is telling everyone his name is jeff!! its insanity!! my name is jeff!!  if anyone see's this alias, tell him he is not jeff!! and direct him to this no alias thread!! you may see him in AG under such names as sock, dirtysock, sockito, or oldsock!! BS!!!!!

Offline Husk

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 05:07 PM »
someone named huskov stole my identity, now he has the herpes bahahahahha!

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 05:47 PM »
no one here is good enough to alias me and get away with it
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline l7cx1Cl

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 06:14 PM »

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 06:34 PM »
"alias me" hahah, nobody cant alias you, maybe "fake me" ?