Forums
April 28, 2024, 08:36 PM

Author Topic: TRL DEAD ???  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Phanton

TRL DEAD ???
« on: January 03, 2015, 12:44 PM »
No have TRL why ???

Dead ???

Mod does not have time ???
Miss, old's players..... Miss, old's times :)

Offline Sbaffo

Re: TRL DEAD ???
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 12:51 PM »
Ye now everybody asking for trl again.

But if it'll be ttrr will you play it ? I guess no. At least be consistent...

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 01:18 PM »
Go trl team17/shoppa/mole shoppa/aerial/hysteria / normal / kaos / forts / bng

Online Peja

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 01:20 PM »
dead for president  ;D

Offline Phanton

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 03:14 PM »
Go trl team17/shoppa/mole shoppa/aerial/hysteria  :-*
Miss, old's players..... Miss, old's times :)

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 05:04 PM »
I'll setup a poll to see how many will vote for a scheme.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 06:27 PM »
what is playoff requirement for TRL? (how many games)

Online Peja

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 08:07 PM »

if your goal is to determine how many people are interested in reopening trl, your poll sucks hard  ;D

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 12:57 PM »

if your goal is to determine how many people are interested in reopening trl, your poll sucks hard  ;D

we need to consolidate all our activity of league games in one standings and one proper league (classic) instead of spreading the time and activity of wormers thin across too many leagues and competitions. No fun in being king of the scheme that only 10 or so people tried to compete at. Alot of fun in being champion of wa across all popular schemes.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 01:32 PM »
You'd better improve classic league than having 28 little shits.. Add one or two new schemes to classic and make PO bigger (16 players maybe).. so even newbies would have the chance to reach that place and then we've made cool for everyone. If everyone would play only classic, then there should be enough players to make a matchmaker system, then newbies could be more happy too.. or make a new system for playoffs, where players could have more chance to go to the next round or which would be more exciting! (i really don't know a system for this right now, but maybe somebody does).

But now in every league only (max!) 6-8 people are fighting each other (for example in classic.. you can say there are 82 people who played this season, wooow.. but the season is at it's 35th day. There are only 5 players who played at least one TUS (2 games) / 1 day.. And TEL? watch standings.. it's a joke).

You'd better make cups for hysteria, darts and other beloved schemes (good hysteria cups used to be organized!! even I watched some games), but don't make league for each.. make good cups, which are advertised well, and winners could be seen on the home page. then there would be new players for the next league who would like to be on that list too!

And trl.. it's a good idea, which could be implemented in classic league.. we could have 1 rotating scheme in classic, whooohaaa, so we won't be bored with our 7 schemes for 10 years xd and like that you could try out how a scheme could work in the league.. if not well then it would be removed, if well then it could stay, or replace an other scheme in the league.

It would be so cool to have a nice ranking table on the home page.. when you visit the page of WO, your first move will be most likely to take a look at who/which clan/which country won the last one. I know that tus has this now, but it's really hided and not conspicuous (you need to search for it, you can't be proud for it)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 01:38 PM by Tomi »

Offline Senator

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 02:03 PM »
[...] and make PO bigger (16 players maybe).. so even newbies would have the chance to reach that place and then we've made cool for everyone.

A bit late response xd

If u want to add more PO spots, it should be made this way

Top four straight in quarter-finals
Top 5-12 play eighth-finals

Easier to get in playoffs but more difficult to get straight in QF. I'm not sure if more PO spots is needed, though.

Atm 11 players have 80 games and 50% winning ratio. daiNa is gonna qualify and make it 12 players. She is also going to threaten Almog's 4th place (that would mean competition for the straight QF spot). Then there is Dead who only lacks 7 games. He would make it 13 players, meaning competition for the 12th place too. Season #41 there was 13 players and season #40 14 players with 80 games and 50%. Perhaps this change would encourage even more players to try to reach the PO requirements and fight for the spots 9-12.

Offline avirex

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 12:47 AM »
as chicken said...

we dont have a huge community, to be splitting up with several different leagues...

we should cancel all leagues... TRL, TEL, CUPS, all that shit...

anyone who wants to compete in a league setting should play TUS classic singles, or TUS classic clanner.. this would make it easier for everyone to find a game..

picture this... 100 members in the community

20 interested in TRL
30 interested in TEL
10 interested in CUPs
40 interested in TUS classic.

that kind of sucks, no?

why not 100 members in the community, all interested in tus classic!!! :X

get rid of all these stupid ass mini leagues!! get back to the basics plz.

Offline Senator

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2015, 10:57 AM »
as chicken said...

we dont have a huge community, to be splitting up with several different leagues...

we should cancel all leagues... TRL, TEL, CUPS, all that shit...

I kind of agree with you but..

Why would people keep playing Classic after they have lost their chance to qualify for playoffs? For fun? Well, I've been doing that but now I've also played TRL because there I have still chance to qualify (since the season just started). It's not a bad thing to have other leagues you can play while waiting for the next Classic season to start. You can't assume people would keep playing Classic till the last day of season if TEL and TRL were just closed.

1. It's a good idea to run the leagues at different time (for example Classic would start in January while TEL and TRL in February). Once you've lost your chance to qualify for Classic playoffs, you could start TEL season and once you've lost your chance to TEL playoffs, you could start the next Classic season.

2. More PO spots would mean that players outside top 12 or so would still have a chance to qualify after 80 games (see my message above). This would motivate players to keep playing till the end of season.

3. If the same Elite, T17 and other replays were used for both Classic and TEL/TRL, playing one league would not be away from the other league. Unfortunately, the boss didn't agree with this idea.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 01:58 PM by Senator »

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2015, 12:02 PM »

I kind of agree with you but..

Why would people keep playing Classic after they have lost their chance to qualify for playoffs? For fun?

Because there would only be 1 league and you would be even more motivated to try and become worlds best wormer for that season! People haven't lost their chance to qualify untill the end of each season, unless you have had a terrible month.. then keep training to become a better alrounder.

Getting 2-0 in this league can give you over 100 seasonal points, do a run of 6-0. or 8-0 and your close to catching PO spots again.

In worm history there have been other single scheme leagues like a w2 rope ladder when wa was active and WEL hosted by mini/hhc/mir, but these leagues were indenpend from the main league and was always 1 main league of wacl (we had ranks so didnt need a singles league), cl2k, wl, fb, al, xtc and finally tus.

All the leagues before tus had just 1 league (expect cl2k with div2, div1 and similar to trl) but it focused the community on one collectively goal and didn't create so much admin work for the MODs.

Offline Lukz

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 03:25 PM »
+1 for one league with top12