Forums > Wormkit Modules

wkTerrainSync

<< < (3/7) > >>

nizikawa:

nizikawa:
Version 1.1.0a has been released!

What's new:
Version 1.1.0 introduces support for custom-sized random maps generated with built-in map generator. The maps can be scaled with 0.1x scale increments in both width and height dimensions up to 5.0x scale max.
The module modifies frontend code to add two dropdown menus under map preview with selectable width and height scale. The scale is applicable only to .LEV maps - i.e. the maps that were generated with map generator and not altered since their generation. Drawing anything on the map preview will cause the map to be immediately converted to .BIT format and its scale reset to default.
Online play on custom sized maps is supported, but all players need to have wkTerrainSync v.1.1.0 (or newer) installed.
The generated maps must be converted to PNG format to be played online with people without wkTerrainSync or previous versions of it installed.

Important notes:
The official WA maintainers have stated that this module WILL NOT BE SUPPORTED in upcoming versions (3.9.x and newer) of Worms Armageddon.
Replays created with wkTerrainSync maps WILL NOT BE COMPATIBLE with WA 3.9.x+ out of the box, however it might be possible to convert the replays to a newer format or create a compatibility layer wormkit module.
If you care about future preservation of your replay files, convert your maps into PNG format in map editor before playing on them.

Source code is available at: https://github.com/nizikawa-worms/wkTerrainSync
Binary DLL is attached to the first post and also available at: https://github.com/nizikawa-worms/wkTerrainSync/releases

---edit:
By mistake version 1.1.0 embedded its metadata in every replay, even if custom terrain/scale wasn't used. Although this shouldn't break replays, the metadata in such cases shouldn't be embedded at all.
I've released version 1.1.0a to amend this bug. Those who've installed v.1.1.0 are requested to update to 1.1.0a. Version 1.0.2 is unaffected.
I'm sorry for inconvenience I've caused.

Korydex:
Awesome job! It would be appreciated if you could explain every line in the ini file

nizikawa:

Electric Grenade:
Sweet! Can't wait to try out all sorts of new terrains.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version