Forums > Wormkit Modules

Wormkit module for ingame music?

<< < (3/4) > >>

terion:

--- Quote from: BigSheeno on November 03, 2019, 04:56 AM ---One thing I've noticed with it is that it seems to loop the same track repeatedly instead of moving onto a random other one. Do you know if there's any possible fix for that?

--- End quote ---

thanks for feedback, there was a dumb mistake in the code. try running this version

BigSheeno:
This is working brilliantly, thank you so much! There has been one small stutter with the most recent version, that's it though. It's only a brief stop in video/gameplay rather than the music though. The game wouldn't play .wavs I had rendered at 2822 kbps but I imagine that's likely just an aspect of the games music player. Just to try it out, I played against myself online to see how it would handle one computer without the module and it seemed to deal with it fine, except for one error message here:

I realized after that I'd moved the sudden death music files into the sudden death folder instead of copying them, so it's possible that those were causing some kind of conflict. Either way though, this is fantastic and exactly what I was looking for, great job!

Thewolensheep:

--- Quote from: BigSheeno on November 03, 2019, 08:25 PM ---This is working brilliantly, thank you so much! There has been one small stutter with the most recent version, that's it though. It's only a brief stop in video/gameplay rather than the music though. The game wouldn't play .wavs I had rendered at 2822 kbps but I imagine that's likely just an aspect of the games music player. Just to try it out, I played against myself online to see how it would handle one computer without the module and it seemed to deal with it fine, except for one error message here:

I realized after that I'd moved the sudden death music files into the sudden death folder instead of copying them, so it's possible that those were causing some kind of conflict. Either way though, this is fantastic and exactly what I was looking for, great job!

--- End quote ---
44100khz is the max quality the music can go ingame.

Shadow-The-Worm:
Hm... I wonder if it is gonna be possible to link the ingame audio to specific maps, such as if I have a level named from "Artan Desert 1.bit" to "Artan Desert 3.bit", the game would take ingame-03-desert-1.wav (I would put it as Oil Ocean Zone Act 1 from Sonic Mania) as the battle theme for them and if I have a level named from "Artan Desert 4.bit" to "Artan Desert 7.bit", the game would take ingame-04-desert-2.wav (I would put it as Oil Ocean Zone Act 2 from Sonic Mania) for those said levels). Any map outside of map specifcations in the ini file plays the stock game music for the terrain theme if PlayOnlyNewSongs is not equal to 1.

Example (Cyrilic):
‰yc©°§ґ Ap©a§ - 1 = 03-ingame-desert-1.wav
‰yc©°§ґ Ap©a§ - 2 = 03-ingame-desert-1.wav
‰yc©°§ґ Ap©a§ - 3 = 03-ingame-desert-1.wav
‰yc©°§ґ Ap©a§ - 4 = 04-ingame-desert-2.wav
‰yc©°§ґ Ap©a§ - 5 = 04-ingame-desert-2.wav
‰yc©°§ґ Ap©a§ - 6 = 04-ingame-desert-2.wav
‰yc©°§ґ Ap©a§ - 7 = 04-ingame-desert-2.wav
‰yc©°§ґ Ap©a§ - ѓpe« Pa¦apaќ = 55-ingame-boss.wav
‰yc©°§ґ Ap©a§ - ѓpe« Heca¦y§ = 55-ingame-boss.wav
‰yc©°§ґ Ap©a§ - ѓpe« TaўeҐo© = 55-ingame-boss.wav

I am pointing that out because I am dreaming about putting a music patch at my very first story build: Ultimate Worms Project.

taxibotolov856:
Doesn't work properly now :(
I don't know if this module will be updated to work on version 3.8

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version