Forums
May 02, 2024, 11:02 AM

Author Topic: old drowning bug  (Read 1639 times)

Offline twistah

old drowning bug
« on: April 10, 2012, 09:42 AM »
so i've played an tus elite vs franzbob. well, i did kami down to drown his worm and make it a draw. now once again my worm plops (u even hear the drowning) but his worm stands above the water. i know this bug for ages and it's so old. i'm wondering it didnt get fixed yet. it's even worse. back then the worm standed on the water. now theres pretty much an inch terrain untill the water. such games, is it a bug or did i lose now? kinda irritated

Re: old drowning bug
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 04:04 PM »
pics or it didnt happen
worm and learn

Offline StepS

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 04:36 PM »
post a replay. maybe some little pixel was still remaining under the enemy worm (which I'm assured)
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 04:38 PM »

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Peja

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 04:52 PM »
theres much more then a pixel left  ;D
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 05:03 PM »
This one is documented pretty well on the wiki: http://worms2d.info/Kamikaze_drowning_glitch

It's not so much a bug, just the way the weapon works. Fixing it would mean having to find a new way for Kamikaze to work, which is probably why nothing has been done about it. Personally, I'm not even sure I'd want it fixed because it's something that can be planned for (i.e. it can be considered a skill to avoid it), but then I'm weird like that.

Cool to see so much of the terrain stay, though. But bad luck that it should happen at such an important moment.

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 09:46 PM »
Its indeed a good thing to have it. 1 more detail you must be aware of - you either dig a straight tunnel being sure it will work or explode to make a plop hole before triggering this glitch. Not to mention situations where you can force opponent for kami-plop knowing it wont plop you (rare, but possible and fooling like that must feel great xd). The only bad thing i can think of is having tiny land (like for example on roper) on the water and making kami from high distance, then you can count on luck.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:57 PM by lacoste »
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline twistah

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 10:28 PM »
i don't believe that you can do that move on purpose, lol. well, on the other hand i didn't really try it. i mean how often do i need to kami down like this in an elite? not so often, and if i do, sometimes it happens. not sure, but of course frustrating if you lose a game like this. specially if it happened like a douzen times already XD

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 10:41 PM »
Its a nasty thing if you forget about it, still its easy to avoid if you know kami distance well. Activate kamikaze and press continously "S" button to see how far it goes every frame - its constant since kami has the same speed all the way. If theres land all over the kami distance and you activate it in the correct position, the last frame move will be "fake" in that way that it wont open the land and explosion should happen in water but worm will plop instead (leaving that x pixel distance from last frame). Hope you understand.

Edit: Dario made a picture in his guide explaining how it works:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 10:50 PM by lacoste »
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 11:34 PM »
It's not a bug, it's a feature!

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline twistah

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 08:29 AM »
alright. what about the kami distance in general? i remember from back then that it's not always the same range. sometimes it's even twice as long as kami down for example

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 08:37 AM »
somebody needs to brush up on their kamikaze knowledge

damn.. what happened to NNN forums? Dario had a weapons guide that explained how kami works in great detail, anyone got a link to it?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 08:48 AM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline Peja

VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 10:45 AM »
^ good lad
worm and learn