Forums
April 27, 2024, 02:08 AM

Author Topic: 3 Rule Updates: picking first/ttrr exact times/avoiding  (Read 8479 times)

Offline franz

Picking First rule:
When both sides refuse to choose their pick first, "The higher season rating must pick first."  This is to stop those unnecessary delays when neither side wants to pick first.  You can still play the picks in any order if you want.  And if the lower season rating doesn't care, they can still volunteer picking first if they want to.

TTRR Exact Time rule:
Using exact times in TTRR replays to determine the winner is only allowed if both sides agree before the game starts.  If one side wants to and the other side doesn't, default to playing by using whole seconds like in the past.

Using worms touching the finish instead of worms hitting their head is also only allowed if both sides agree before the game starts.  If one side wants to and the other side doesn't, default to playing by using when the turn timer ends like when hitting your head.

Avoiding rule:
If someone is avoiding, you must save screen shots as proof and post them in a complaint thread.  Mods will discuss and if they agree, you can report a free win and that gives the avoider one week of time to play that game.  In the case of a clan avoiding, only the players online at the time of the avoid can play.

Waiting for a specific lineup before even asking for a clanner is still perfectly okay.  Openly asking for clanners but then refusing to play a clan is not okay.  If you only want to play a specific scheme/type, you must make this clear when asking for clanners or risk getting an avoid complaint.

Offline Flori

Re: 3 Rule Updates: picking first/ttrr exact times/avoiding
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 09:45 PM »
Good one.
I didn't know avoiding wasn't allow XD.
I thought its just lame.

Offline Husk

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 09:46 PM »
about the picking first rule. how is it at the start of the season, when everyone has the same season rating?

Offline franz

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 09:47 PM »
Good one.
I didn't know avoiding wasn't allow XD.
I thought its just lame.

there never was a rule on it, and now we're trying it.

about the picking first rule. how is it at the start of the season, when everyone has the same season rating?

if season rating is exact, then the higher overall rating picks first.

Offline Free

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 09:50 PM »
Sry about the offtopic.

There's no rule in Proper rules about the zook glitch where you can place the zook on one's head.

Is this allowed?

Offline Peja

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 09:53 PM »
gimme a definition of avoiding pls. its kinda funny how you guys put up rule without to define the case. otherwise we will have nice stuff in the complaint section. does this rule only appear if a player/clan asks for a game and then doesnt play? or is it enough if  i am just online and some stalkers ask me for tus to get accused of avoiding? if i already arrange games via pm, am i forced to show the pms if someone accuses me?

Offline Husk

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 09:55 PM »
also, u r asking a clanner and suddenly u or ur partner must go, that could be avoiding |:

Offline franz

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 09:58 PM »
gimme a definition of avoiding pls. its kinda funny how you guys put up rule without to define the case. otherwise we will have nice stuff in the complaint section. does this rule only appear if a player/clan asks for a game and then doesnt play? or is it enough if  i am just online and some stalkers ask me for tus to get accused of avoiding? if i already arrange games via pm, am i forced to show the pms if someone accuses me?

Mods have to discuss and agree that avoid took place.  We can't cover ever scenario in the rules.  I can tell you simply being afk is obviously not enough to be considered an avoid.  We'll just have to handle case by case basis on the other scenarios like you mention.  We'll add to the rule once we start seeing patterns if we need to.

Sry about the offtopic.

There's no rule in Proper rules about the zook glitch where you can place the zook on one's head.

Is this allowed?

I don't think it's in the rules yet, we may need to fix that.  Obviously if anyone still dares to do this though, post a complaint and we'll handle accordingly.

Offline franz

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 10:01 PM »
also, u r asking a clanner and suddenly u or ur partner must go, that could be avoiding |:

again, we'll handle case by case basis. if there is reason to be suspicious, we'll try to sniff it out. if people honestly have to go, we'll decide accordingly.

Offline Peja

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 10:19 PM »
so if i just tell someone to gtfo cos i dont want to play he is able to to denounce me? and i really need to explain myself afterwards?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 10:29 PM »
Sry about the offtopic.

Is this allowed?

It should, it's just bragging rights as it gives no benefit to the user.

Peja: I think telling someone to gtfo wouldn't be enough proof of you avoiding. What is proof is taking a picture of someone asking to TUS for half an hour and when you ask him to he ignores you / joins a different game of someone who asked afterwards etc...
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Husk

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 10:34 PM »
zook glitch could be useful in roper tho. imagine a tight cave like hide. too risky to shoot a zooka with bad wind, zook glitch would be more than just a show.

Offline Flori

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 10:52 PM »
never saw someone doing a zook glitch. its hard, need some time, and risky

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2012, 11:06 PM »
Some of old school shopper maps have special spots where worms can be knocked, if you make zook glitch on those parts of map - its 100% plop. But I just read you talking about roper, so please dont read that text you already read  ;D
About avoiding, Ive been asking everyday Asbest to play tus with me, and his answer always was: I dont play with idiots. Does that count, I can make Asbest B7 forever this way XD

Offline Free

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2012, 11:18 PM »
It can be useful and I'd like an official rule about this.