Forums
April 26, 2024, 03:37 PM

Author Topic: Experimental season result  (Read 13845 times)

Re: Experimental season result
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2013, 12:53 AM »
What was wrong with doing full power shots in the first place?

Offline rU`

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2013, 12:58 AM »
yeah... :)
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2013, 05:37 AM »
would you mind explaining us why singles in ttrr are supposed to be played with 5 worms and clanners with only 3 worms per player? since both players need to finish in an clanner its the same as the old setting in singles.is there a serious reason why you have only 3 chances to finish in a clanner but 5 in a single game?

Have you tried 5 worms TTRR? It is pretty much the same as 3 worms TTRR. I've played plenty of 5 worm games, believe me I was there!
Clanner TTRR, each player has 3 worms => 6 players per team. Singles you have 5. They are close eh? In Elite every team gets 4 worms, 2 worms per players. Shall I continue?

BECAUSE f@#! LOGIC

true rr pro finish 3 worms out of 3, but things become casual, newbies now gets balanced with hs but on reality they just loose motivation of practising

well I dont care, I wont play classic with such rules anyway, hf playing this shit :D

That's funny how 2 extra worms made the entire league like shit. Maybe we were already like that and 2 extra worms made you just notice? or we were like a perfect chemical formula and that 2 extra worms just exploded the whole damn thing? xD
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Husk

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 06:38 AM »

Team17:
Rope knocking allowed.
Use this Team17 scheme: (one turn delay for explosive weapons to avoid first turn plopping, SD weapons excluded)
https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-1040/

NO SD weapons in T17?  :-X or excluded from the one turn delay?

u'd know the answer if u clicked the scheme link

Offline Casso

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2013, 10:02 AM »
why should we use /ts ? This is the list of stuffs that will be activate:

TestStuff enables BattyRope (which allows the Ninja Rope to stay connected during other players' turns), Rope Knocking, use of weapons during a rope roll, the Indian Rope Trick, worm selection without ending hot seat time, and skipwalking facilitation (up/down/middle arrow keys act like right-clicking while walking); it disables loss of control while roping. TestStuff v6-v9 doubles the maximum speed for roping and jetpacking, and abolishes the speed limit for projectile motion. It enables Circular Aiming, Anti-lock Power, and Girder Radius Assist.

*I have highlighted in red the things that aren't required*

Nades shouldn't hurt more than 45-46 hps (without considering fd). It's better to use:

cira: circular aiming (ts-like)
alp: antilock power (ts-like)

And I would add also:

reaim: auto reaiming at turn start

So we won't lose time to reaim and risk to cow.

Offline StepS

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2013, 10:10 AM »
/ts enables fall damage after every shot
:o ?
(Nope.)
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2013, 05:28 PM »
cira: circular aiming (ts-like)
alp: antilock power (ts-like)

And I would add also:

reaim: auto reaiming at turn start

So we won't lose time to reaim and risk to cow.

You do realize it would require everyone to have RubberWorm, right? (Not that I see it as a problem, no; just mentioning it.)

Offline Random00

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2013, 06:38 PM »
would you mind explaining us why singles in ttrr are supposed to be played with 5 worms and clanners with only 3 worms per player? since both players need to finish in an clanner its the same as the old setting in singles.is there a serious reason why you have only 3 chances to finish in a clanner but 5 in a single game?

Have you tried 5 worms TTRR? It is pretty much the same as 3 worms TTRR. I've played plenty of 5 worm games, believe me I was there!
Clanner TTRR, each player has 3 worms => 6 players per team. Singles you have 5. They are close eh? In Elite every team gets 4 worms, 2 worms per players. Shall I continue?

Its not the same thing, MI. You need to finish 1 worm out of 3, not out of 6.

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2013, 07:00 PM »
In elite, you also get more than 1 turn per worm :)
Unless you mess up placement and your worm dies or you use kami/suicide bomber

Offline Asbest

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2013, 07:15 PM »
oh
omg 5 worms in ttrr... f@#!ing facepalm
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 07:17 PM by Asbest »

Offline Devilage

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2013, 07:46 PM »
In elite, you also get more than 1 turn per worm :)
Unless you mess up placement and your worm dies or you use kami/suicide bomber

theres no suicide bomber in elite, how come we have no sd weapons in team17?

ah excluded from first turn xd
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 08:00 PM by Devilage »

Smoking proud.

Offline Peja

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2013, 08:02 PM »
lolo u have a delay of explosive weapons in first turn, excluded from this delay are sd weapons who also can make a explosion.

Offline Husk

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2013, 08:50 PM »
I love it when people complain before reading :D

Offline Ray

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2013, 07:04 AM »
It's always the people who know nothing that spread knowledge.

I hate it that some schemes that have been around a lot longer than most people talking in this thread or most people making up these changes, and the people who originally came up with these schemes and fine-tuned them, are now not respected at all to just f@#!ing leave them alone on the one single argument that "you don't like them, because of this or that".

This shows a huge lack of respect towards anyone who started playing before you, towards the game and the game's culture, which is apparently slowly being killed (Team17 Forums shut down, etc.).

Go on, make these changes! Meanwhile, there is still no Elite league. Oh wait, that scheme is hard, let's add infinite ropes? ;)

Go f@#! yourselves.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2013, 07:43 AM »
\o/ TRADITION ... 
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.