Forums
April 28, 2024, 12:26 PM

Author Topic: The Wheat Snooper  (Read 6718 times)

Offline rod``lookias

The Wheat Snooper
« on: February 18, 2009, 04:12 PM »
hello, dPxMonkeyIsland adviced me to make some advertising for my wormnet snooper here.
its a new snooper and written in c++. i dont want to say much about it because the worms wiki allready has a more or less complete description of its functionality and features.
here is the link to the worms wiki page:
http://worms2d.info/The_Wheat_Snooper

Download:
http://lookias.worms2d.info/download.php

here are some screenshots of the snooper, its skinnable and you can switch the skins on runtime.

i say hf with my tool ;)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 01:39 PM by lookias »

Offline Zemke

Re: The Wheat Snooper
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 02:52 PM »
i'm really surprised what this snooper is able to do, and the most of us still use an old thing called "ProSnooper". The Wheat Snooper is the future, there are many features and i like the sounds which appear for example when you start a private talk. very well done lookias and i hope more guys will use it!

The Wheat Snooper  :-*

Offline GodiTo

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 04:04 PM »
yeap, its a great job, however i cant use lol.

Offline Rioter

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 12:36 AM »
I likes. I likes quite much. Seems to me like a ProSnooper with a fancy GUI, IP addresses and a bit of X-chat thrown in, if I am quite honest, but I like it, so far. Still prefer using ProSnooper though, it's quieter and more, simple.

Offline rod``lookias

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 01:45 AM »
Seems to me like a ProSnooper with

dood shut up... its called wheat snooper.

edit: added the point at end of the line

Offline Rioter

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 10:51 AM »
Seems to me like a ProSnooper with

dood shut up... its called wheat snooper.

edit: added the point at end of the line

Yes, I know that quite well. It's called a comparison(!)

Also, I had a read through the WKB article, can you explain why there is /notice functionality, when this is not supported in the WA client.
Another thing I noticed, to sent actions, you have to use >, send a notice it's >> etc. What was wrong with /notice or /me ? Unless there's a setting to change that, that can be a bit confusing and annoying to remember at first.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 11:04 AM by Rioter »

Offline GodiTo

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 11:08 AM »
well, now i can use :D well, its really great job lookias :o)

Offline rod``lookias

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 10:26 PM »
Also, I had a read through the WKB article, can you explain why there is /notice functionality, when this is not supported in the WA client.
Another thing I noticed, to sent actions, you have to use >, send a notice it's >> etc. What was wrong with /notice or /me ? Unless there's a setting to change that, that can be a bit confusing and annoying to remember at first.
----------

worms supports notices, maybe only since some patches. they appear as normal messages.
and also private notices send as an action are supported, but not well at that point, because they appear as public actions but no one else can see them.
there is a little potential to make evil fun with others and people would call that hacking. (3.6.29)

well its easy to remember and faster to write.
> action
>> notice
>>> action in a notice (very useless)

/ raw server command
>! ctcp

so it appears that most people have no idea about irc and to be honest i dont know much about irc clients too. muzer told me that the client should have that functionality with notices and ctcp. using >> might was a bit inspired by some stdout objects (for example cin and cout).

greets lookias

Offline Rioter

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 12:04 AM »

worms supports notices, maybe only since some patches. they appear as normal messages.
and also private notices send as an action are supported, but not well at that point, because they appear as public actions but no one else can see them.
there is a little potential to make evil fun with others and people would call that hacking. (3.6.29)
Right. OK it might be able to receive, but it certainly cannot send. I tried it.
well its easy to remember and faster to write.
> action
>> notice
>>> action in a notice (very useless)

/ raw server command
>! ctcp

so it appears that most people have no idea about irc and to be honest i dont know much about irc clients too. muzer told me that the client should have that functionality with notices and ctcp. using >> might was a bit inspired by some stdo
t objects (for example cin and cout).
OK fair enough, but in most (nearly all, obviously theres exceptions) the standard is /notice /me /ctcp (then for raw it's /gline etc).

Just constructive criticism

Offline rod``lookias

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 12:40 AM »
OK fair enough, but in most (nearly all, obviously theres exceptions) the standard is /notice /me /ctcp (then for raw it's /gline etc).

Just constructive criticism

if wheat would provide a plugin inerface for internal messages, i would follow that rule, but atm i find it convenient to send a notice with >> and not with /notice.

also when you want to make some alert to the other, you should simply select his name and press space. that will put the name of the other into the end of the chatline to highlight (make some sound on his snooper) him in a simple way.

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 01:29 AM »
Configuration could be easier  :(.The colors and the default settings are a bit ugly, but nothing we can't change :).

Anyway its good I like it a lot thanks for the upload. I wait for updates.

Sorry for posting this only now, it's a little late.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 01:32 AM by Pixy »
Here comes the snow

Offline rod``lookias

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 09:50 PM »
I wait for updates.

is there something special that you would like to see in a newer version?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 10:15 PM »
If someone pm you, It opens his new window automatically. Like all the messengers. atm it is like I have to click on his name so that I see his message in a new window.

and I'd really like to have black background not worms blue. I don't know maybe it is possible to achieve this with this verison. But I couldn't find maybe.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 10:24 PM »
I wait for updates.

is there something special that you would like to see in a newer version?

Preferences, and faster/easier configuration, nothing big.  :)
Here comes the snow

Offline rod``lookias

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 03:08 PM »
If someone pm you, It opens his new window automatically. Like all the messengers. atm it is like I have to click on his name so that I see his message in a new window.

and I'd really like to have black background not worms blue. I don't know maybe it is possible to achieve this with this verison. But I couldn't find maybe.

if the chatwindow doesnt popup, you have in settings (stuff->settings) that it should not popup into the screen. this means it opens hidden to tray. leftclicking the tray will first popup all chatwindows then channelwindows and at last the rootwindow.

you (as a webside designer and css master :) will be familar with skinning). go into the qss folder and open the file "wormnet skin by lookias.qss" with a texteditor.
here you can change the lines
#bgframe{
   background-color:  qlineargradient(x1:0, y1:0, x2:0, y2:1,
                 stop:0 rgb(0,0,8), stop:1 rgb(0,0,140));
}
to
#bgframe{
   background: black;
}

and then you have a black background (maybe you need to change some other overlying widgets to background:transparent, i dunno now).

edit: i just uploaded version 1.7 this has a worms world party skin and the wormnet skin looks a bit better now. and some other things.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 04:43 PM by lookias »