Forums
May 01, 2024, 11:44 PM

Author Topic: Piki's AbC  (Read 631 times)

Offline piki1802

Piki's AbC
« on: November 25, 2013, 03:45 PM »
Hiyo there guys  :)

So, seeing there is just nothing around here, I thought, let's atleast have one topic here ;D

And here are the following tactics I use or I've seen used by other's. :)

Sneaky play.

I've not seen this a lot, but I like to use it. So what you do is you first make a nice pile and use one or preferably no select worms. Your opponent will probably go for the less risk turn, and not be really efficient. So next turn, you can pile the other worms (Because you still have loads of sw's left), and your opponent will be stunned ;D

Pro's and cons

Pro's
  • You take less risks and so there's a lower chance to fail.
  • You don't get lots for pressure because you can finish your turns easily before the turn time elapse.
  • Usually your opponent would go for a not so risky move, so you don't get any pressure from your opponents either!

Cons
  • If you lose control in mid-turn you don't have a nice pile you can work on further.
  • Sometimes people get too relaxed by using this and you kill 2 worms per turn. And as a result you'll probably lose the round.
  • The opponent doesn't play with pressure, which will cause him likely to not fail his turn.

Pressure maker.

I've seen this a lot with fast ropers. They use almost all sw's or all sw's on the first turn. This way it looks like they're going to win, but they struggle as they have to do with their rope knocking skills later on. The points out of this style is putting pressure on the opponent, which may causes him to think out of the box, and make an awful mistake by doing that. BUT, it your opponent can also make a very good turn, and then you'll probably get frustrated.

Pro's
  • Mentally, you have an advantage if your first turn succeeds.
  • Opponent will probably risk things and if he fails you have a very huge advantage/

Cons
  • After you've used all sw's killing will be slow and blocks will be deadly.
  • Your opponent might makes and spectacular move due the pressure he has on.
  • You will get frustrated if your first turn doesn't succeed.

When to block a worm with a girder and when not?

Some people block worms, some don't. It's frustrating when you get blocked, I admit, but sometimes a block can cause an easier kill with kamikaze or cows for example. So now, when should you block the opponent?

Block your opponent when...
  • You both have two worms left, and you're able to suicide with the worm who's using girder.
  • You can kill your pile with a rope after blocking the worm.
  • He failed to kill a nice pile, this way he'd waste another turn on killing them.

Don't block your opponent when...
  • You just started the game.
  • The opponent can kill his worm easier with a block.
  • You can't kill a pile afterwards.

Mine + sw tactic.

It's a great method for killing your worm(s), though it costs time, so it's not always useful. It's the best known tactic in abnormal, and maybe the most used one, but when is it really useful to do it?

Use this tactic when...
  • Your worm is far away from the pile, and/or you don't want to waste another rope for coming to the pile
  • The opponent is planning to use it, and that will cause the opponent to take more time for his turn, and then he might not be able to kill as much worms as he wanted to do in the first place.
  • You have two worms left and this is the easiest way to kill them all.

Don't use this tactic when...
  • You have waste too much utilities to do this.
  • You don't have a lot of time left (In like 5 seconds left) this might causes to waste an sw ;)
  • You're not fully sure it will kill your worm.

Opponent piling in your pile

It's a good way to get rid of your worms, or is it? And what should you do when your opponent piles his worms in your pile? It's a known tactic, it's annoying too, but now you'll learn what to do when your opponent piles with your pile!

• First situation, it's a 4vs4 situation.

I'm too lazy to finish it off now, I'll finish it another time ;)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 07:49 AM by piki1802 »