Forums
May 02, 2024, 04:26 AM

Author Topic: The full power of Kamikaze  (Read 607 times)

Offline LeTotalKiller

The full power of Kamikaze
« on: November 25, 2013, 07:06 PM »
Hi. :)

Today I'd like to focus on one particular weapon available in the Abnormal scheme, that is Kamikaze. It is not just any weapon; in fact, it could potentially be one of the most powerful -if not the most powerful- weapon when used correctly.

Now, how can one use it correctly, you would ask me?

Well, let's analyze how the weapon works to answer that question.
  • First of all, it doesn't deal a lot of damage, but it can propel worms pretty high, especially when used in combination with Low Gravity. It is therefore a weapon designed for propelling worms to water, so worms located on the top of the map and not-so-far from water are the ideal Kamikaze victims.
  • But that's not all. When triggering the Kamikaze, the worm using it travels a certain distance horizontally/vertically/diagonally, of about a length of 3 long girders next to each other. Beyond that distance, the worm will blow up the next time it meets land. For a Kami to be optimally used, it should take the best profit out of that travelled distance, which just doesn't exist with explosive weapons like Dynamite. Killing a line of worms can be done thanks to a Kamikaze.
  • Last, but not least, Kamikaze is a good way to give an unfortunately blocked worm (not too far from water) a use: make a pile or a line next to it and to the water, then use the Kamikaze with the blocked worm on the pile/line you've previously created. This allows getting rid of a blocked worm while killing other worms at the same time, thanks to the digging a Kamikaze can do.

Okay, I followed all your tips and aligned or piled my worms for a Kami, but that doesn't work at all times, why?

Well, now there are also things not to do when planning to use a Kamikaze.
  • Basically, the main thing not to do in most circumstances is to place worms too close to each other without piling them; it is a problem because as the Kamikazing worm collides with the first worm of that chain, that first worm will also knock the worm(s) in its immediate vincity before flying, which prevents the knocked worm(s) from being propelled by the Kamikazing worm upon their collision. This can happen either when placing a worm on top of another one and then using Kamikaze from below (using the Kami on top of the pile working fine), or when placing a worm right against another one.
  • A rarer case could be steep slopes where the propelled worm would bounce against it and subsequently fly in the wrong direction. Be careful about slopes' shapes before performing a Kamikaze.
Well, that's it for the Kamikaze weapon in the Abnormal scheme. I hope this analysis would have been useful to you. Feel free to comment in this thread if something remains unclear, or when you have an important thing to add in.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 09:37 AM by LeTotalKiller »