Forums
May 01, 2024, 10:18 PM

Author Topic: New plan for leagues  (Read 14648 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: New plan for leagues
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2012, 01:11 PM »
I'm planning to think about this some more  :)

Lol, I love that expression...

Offline Casso

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2012, 01:15 PM »
I'm agree with Professor, the current system is the best. I quote his sentence:

""How to be a good wormer? Playing all schemes. Being a overrall. The proposed system goes against this.

If We can to make it better, the main change must to be about the schemes - not about the system.""

About Hysteria, it's one of the most skillful schemes and the most played here (see TRL statistics). Why you should remove it from classic league ?! If I do not like a scheme that does not mean it should be removed...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:17 PM by Casso »

Offline Ray

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2012, 01:16 PM »
The (former) classic league schemes only? Or does moleshopper count too?

All-rounder will be by the schemes we specify. Also, same can go for some collection like free league.

To non-creative people,
I've already done leagues for TUS2, so it is not very pleasant for me to recode it, not to mention a new plan changes many many things in the codes. I did this thread cause I see a drop in activity and I'd like to see what changes could lift things back up again.
It's not necesarrily the changes that cause activity, people come and go, you have to accept that. :)

Offline Tomi

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2012, 01:16 PM »
Hi everyone! :D

Could somebody explain me (in short) why we would need these radical changes?

I think the system now is almost very good, it needs some changes but not that radical way :) I think the Classic league is good as it is. I don't agree with people who says: "Remove Shopper and Hysteria". Those schemes are not the best, because the luck factor is higher than at the other ones, but if you would remove them, you would go on a wrong way; it's the easiest to learn how to play these schemes. If you'd remove them, the new players would have hardly no chance to win versus a good player. The player with less skill will get bored, because they won't win vs a good player in wxw, ttrr, elite... only if they practice 1-2 years (lol). And don't forget, that those schemes are funny :D If you play just for win and not for fun at all, then same on you.

What I'd like to suggest is to change the free league. I don't really have ideas, only some: why is a season in free league so long? For me it means that I don't play free league, because why? If I won 20 games in a row, who cares? What people can see is: the season never will end..
So I think the season in the free league should be as long as the season in classic league. And I think the schemes on classic league could add to free league (MODIFIED!) (maybe who pick a scheme like that, can get not so many points).

To sum up: I think if you'd change the free league, then the less skilled players (and who likes for example BigRR) could compete there. (.. even there could be a lot of little clans, which can practice in free league vs each other).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:45 PM by Tomi »

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2012, 01:36 PM »
I really feels like making two different style of league, serious where would be hardcore points challenge for players, and  kind of league without points, that would satisfect alot of freestylers and just players who cares about fun like dilboy, I would like to nerd on such league actually XD  And also such league would help to get skill for noobs, and same way keep practise for pros with serious playing but without loosing smth

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2012, 01:39 PM »
I'm still wondering if this new system will allow someone to reach the classic league playoffs by only playing one scheme.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2012, 01:42 PM »
Sorry I missed that. It doesn't. Since it will look for collection of schemes and average of them all together. 1 good scheme won't get qualified.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2012, 01:51 PM »
anyway i wouldnt like to touch pos being a poor player in rope games. Its like noob bashing, it's a shame.

TEL n' TRL are the right place for "one-scheme lovers".

Playing classic league any player must to improve ur skillz to become a better player.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2012, 01:53 PM »
I actually support Tomi's suggestion to dramatically reduce the Season length of FreeLeague, If I had the time I would play if PO's were after 1/2 months.

Offline Peja

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2012, 01:54 PM »
MI

does your idea  include all free league schemes would count into the overall rating?
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2012, 02:05 PM »
I really feels like making two different style of league, serious where would be hardcore points challenge for players, and  kind of league without points, that would satisfect alot of freestylers and just players who cares about fun like dilboy, I would like to nerd on such league actually XD  And also such league would help to get skill for noobs, and same way keep practise for pros with serious playing but without loosing smth

I have an idea how to make that work, damn! you'll guess Im idiot, and so am I, but I really feels like that would work awesome. On freestyling league points would add spectators after watching replay like rating system works now. People have to vote for awesomeness of players gameplay.
1. This means players in game (let it be hyst) will trying to do the most dynamic turns to get more points (that means no more telestuff and darksiding but awesome shots and tryes on hyst!)
2.People would get points from their game rate (guess better to make rate for each player, cuz rate both ppl with same rate is kinda sucky), so people wont loose points! only get them like WO works. Thats awesome cuz will kill things like avoiding cuz of fear to lose points and so on
3. Ppl will rate games by dynamic of turns. So it asks schemes where can happen dynamic turns and moves. ttrr, hyst, bng, roper, inter, defentely boom race, and surely warmer! Warmer scheme will work here the best, so this way we getting new contingent players on tus! freestylers will pwn on tus too and keep challenging for best warmer player!
 There's alot of cool stuff I can give you as example about this idea, but what about problems?
1. Someone would like to keep rate every game 5/5 even if player didnt deserve that. way to solve: people have votes, same number each day, so ppl wont like to waste them match.
2. Will be alot of games, ppl wont spectace all of them and dont rate. way to solve: just need motivations! to let ppl watch and rate games make stats such as top-10 best reviewers, as higher number of reviews as higher reviewer on stat

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2012, 02:16 PM »
i want changes in schemes - not in system league  ::)

Offline Peja

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2012, 03:07 PM »
i want impos system, would bring some activity to fos.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline chakkman

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2012, 04:31 PM »
The new system suggestion seems too complicated tbh. Why not keep it simple and successful - like as it is right now.

Offline StepS

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2012, 05:04 PM »
good, i like it  ;D yay
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]