Forums
March 29, 2024, 08:06 AM

Author Topic: TTL started! (TUS Team17 League)  (Read 5008 times)

Online FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
Re: TTL started! (TUS Team17 League)
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2022, 08:13 PM »
Maybe that's the activity problem, you think there is less ppl playing so you creating new leagues, new schemes, new maps..

Back in years, there was 5 schemes, 10 maps and 21923% more activity than now. 

Nowadays ppl think that adding some moles,  extra lgbt maps and of course changing t17 to play island which is very gay imo, goin this way  soon we will add aquasheeps moles and other shit even to ttrr. 

But look, did it help activity? Coz I can still look same 5 clows playing some shitty schemes.

Curious thing is that I think the exact opposite. At least here on TUS if there is less activity is because of the historical toxicity of many players of WA or TUS that feels bad when they see something that is not in the direction of heteronormativity. So, if they see a rainbow 🌈 on a map or whatever they consider "gay" like playing on islands, like most conventional gameplay schemes usually prefer they might be stupid with others.

WA has a community mostly around 25-49 year-old players. Many of them have a Baby Boomer mindset, though, unfortunately. When people try to play something different competitively people say "RIp WA", because these people don't want to accept that things change. They want to be the kings of the very same schemes they mastered and don't wanna learn something different, because they will not accept loosing for players that are not so good on the schemes they mastered.

I was kicked from games and I believe even in WA websites I received a bad treatment mainly due to my country. So it is not only homophobia, it's Xenophobia and also ableism I've seen around here. If you want to see new players, we must accept we are not back in 1999, we are in XXI century and we must respect diversity and young players with bad english, with different country flags.

Of course the activity will only grow with new players, but changing the league systems after decades is a start for new winds comming. You cannot expect more people will come without changing stuff. We have some streamers and Speedrunners trying to promote the game too. I still think the main problem is the hosting issue, without solving this, we will have difficulties to bring new players. Specially without an ingame manual or new tutorials.

If I'm more active now is because my English is better, but not only that, is because I felt that TUS is less toxic now that is not so active and because I felt more welcome here.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 09:51 PM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Kaleu

Re: TTL started! (TUS Team17 League)
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2022, 09:00 PM »
In my opinion it's just another change to benefit lazy some players.
It's always frustrating to remember that separate leagues were brought up all the time when activity was at its peak. But we always got a denialist response that a change was not necessary. Then nowadays any handful of players can achieve their desires without even 10% arguing than back then.
Anyway, I hope the new upcoming league format will be more interesting.

@Kinslayer
You know what's gayer than that? Hosting money sponsored cups and not paying players their prize.  :-\
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓