Forums
May 04, 2024, 02:23 AM

Poll

Which time would you prefer a2b Weekly Tournaments to be hosted on Thursdays?

6:00pm GMT
6:30pm GMT
7:00pm GMT
7:30pm GMT
8:00pm GMT

Author Topic: What time would you prefer?  (Read 3958 times)

Offline TheKomodo

What time would you prefer?
« on: August 01, 2010, 06:36 AM »
Ok so the a2b Weekly BnG Tournaments will be back to normal next week as I have finished my overtime at work for the moment.

The question is, what would most people prefer?

I will poll this up.

If you won't take part in these BnG Tournaments then PLEASE do not vote...

Offline lacoste

Re: What time would you prefer?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 08:14 AM »
Voted for 6:00PM.

And i must say if there is interesting tourney at WO at the same time, i would choose olympics instead. I know you dont like it Komo, but WO is not a whole year event, where a2b is organised weekly. Plus there is possibility to compete in uncommon schemes and thats rare in W:A.

<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 08:33 AM »
The fact you choose WO over a2b is cool lol, a2b Tournament's will always have the regulars and like Friday's there proved, we had just as much fun with only 4 of us, only 4 of us played so we made it bo3 for Semi's and bo5 for Final, it was great :D

I just don't like WO in general, mainly because I only play a handful of schemes and it seems pointless to me, but also a few other reasons, it kills everything else on WNET during the time played, I can never find clanners because of WO, I think the rules for hosting Tournaments on WO is silly, it should always be hosted with Round numbers, not so you have 3 way Finals etc & I feel the hosting is pretty Amateur and way too unorganised (Obviously except the people who are experienced at it).

If the actualy tournaments were better organised and not random amount of players every time (I do not like the 20 minute rule - always gives random numbers), and actually had something to win, like prizes and stuff I would possibly take part in it.

I took part in it once, cuz someone talked me into seeing how many BnG Tournaments I could win.

Do not get me wrong, WO is awesome for people who enjoy it, I have too many things on Wnet alone I enjoy doing to spend my time getting addicted to something else that doesn't really benefit me, everyone else seems to really enjoy it, and that's cool, DarkOne and Ffie do a GREAT job with WO and I am proud of them :)

I just don't like it, but respect it :)

Anyway, thanks for voting mate :)

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 09:04 AM »
aww, shucks, Komo :)

But why don't you host a2b tourneys as part of the WO? Makes your tourney have more participants as well :)

We know that some moderators aren't very good, but we can't really exclude people from hosting tourneys cause we haven't heard their name. Several people I've never heard of have pleasantly surprised me by being very capable of hosting tournaments :)

I also only play a handful of schemes and that's exactly why I like it! Where else do you find sheeprace tournaments, bungeerace tournaments etcetera? (And Style BnG! Remember that?)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 09:27 AM »
I wouldn't host a2b Tournaments on WO as most people just wouldn't get it, to the regulars who play, it isn't the amount of players who play, it's how well organised, smooth and fun it is.

Even when we have less players, we just make it last longer to make it more enjoyable, some people actually really look forward to the tournaments, quite a few of us love nothing more than to grab a take-out sit drink and play :)

Plus I couldn't keep signups open for 20 minutes and have an odd number of players.

For me it has to be 4-8-16-32-64, nothing else.

The people who host for me isn't the problem, it's the odd number of players that put me off, I just can't stand 3 way finals/bys etc lol.

If someone has to leave during a tournament that is fine, but starting a tournament with someone getting an automatic by is just weird for me lol.

What you do is obviously great, it's just not my thing.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 09:39 AM »
Oh and the Tourney's have been inactive last 3 weeks because I have had to change either the day or time the tournament starts, and there has been WO going on this week, Alot of people are interested and I am sure in 1-2 months it'll be back up to at least 16 every week like it was before :)

I am also considering starting up the JpBnG Tournaments again, CF especially loved this scheme, SPW and his friends, I forget their names, JohnMcClane, ah what was the others? Well anyway, yeah.

Offline Gal

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 12:07 AM »
imo 6:00pm GMT is great time, count me in ^^
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 12:33 AM by Gal »
"One of the things you learn after years of dealing with drug people, is that you can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug."

Offline Ramone

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 12:55 AM »
6:00pm GMT and even earlier if possible! 4:00pm GMT would be the best time for me...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 05:53 AM »
Can more a2b players and people interested in playing this Tournament please vote?

I know hardly anyone will play it at the moment due to WO but after the WO if you are interested please vote, even if you can only attend 1-2 times a month.

Thanks for the votes so far :)

And Ramone, I can't possibly host earlier because I work nightshift, and if I get up too early, I will be too tired to do my job lol.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 06:05 AM »
*bump*

Please continue to vote, if you ever play these Tournaments.

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 10:08 AM »
8pm is about what time I get home on Thursdays, so I may unfortunately not be able to join in on the awesomeness. :/

Offline darKz

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 03:29 PM »
Voted 6pm, the earlier the better. Basically, what Ramone said. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline surgeon

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 03:22 PM »
Well, best time for me is 9-11 pm GMT, today like always i can't play coz it's my work time, like for all normal peps in Poland but i know i know You don't care guys neway ;> ::)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 08:21 PM »
Well, best time for me is 9-11 pm GMT, today like always i can't play coz it's my work time, like for all normal peps in Poland but i know i know You don't care guys neway ;> ::)

Lol funny that, cuz you did play, and won !

Offline obscure

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 06:28 AM »
6 pm is best for me
MonkeyIsland on August 26, 2010, 09:39 am:I'm considered as a noob