Forums
May 04, 2024, 02:53 PM

Author Topic: born2bng - The Movie!  (Read 11490 times)

Re: born2bng - The Movie!
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2011, 01:19 AM »
Peja, the image you see after my 4th shot is from Mortal Kombat, when he yells "Toasty":

About this Toasty:

It originated as an inside joke between members of the Mortal Kombat development team, and made its way into the game via an image of sound designer Dan Forden appearing in the lower-right corner of the screen, and saying "Toasty!" (and "Frosty!" in rare moments), when the player performed a particularly vicious uppercut.

When I grew up as a kid playing Mortal Kombat, and even other games people constantly seen "Toasty" as when something Epic happens, most people I know who played Mortal Kombat half to death as I did should understand this, I know it's a part not everyone will "get" but that's that lol, me and my mates still to this day impersonate "Toasty" in a high pitched voice when something funny/cool happens.

I'd really really like to see anyone else pull off a shot like this, 1st time, going through the ground instead of over it, it's my favourite shot in the movie in terms of the mental ability to think of it, and pull it off 1st time, so for me the "Toasty" sounds cool, looks cool, and when my friends who don't play WA watch this they will get the inside-joke :)

Just like lacostes shot is my favourite because it made me so f@#!ing proud, when I watched lacostes 3rd shot, that music when the synth pad kicks in and that melody with those chords is MY defination of Epicness in computer games, and it actually touched me kinda in a special way.

wormf00ds tunnel shot made me jump out my seat a bit with excitement and pride, pranksters trapshots, dilligafs transfers, and much much more...

Every single player made me proud in their own different way, once enough people have seen the video, I am going to post my review about every single player and the things that stood out to me, because every single player has their own thing that stood out to me and made me proud xD But I will wait until most people have watched it so I don't give away any spoilers.

Peja, I liked your post there it was sensible and respectful, you should have posted this 1st time, to me it shows, you don't see/understand BnG like we in b2b do, just like I don't see and understand Elite like the best players of Elite do, and how I don't understand TTRR or enjoy it as much as Dulek, Cue, Mablak etc do, but you also still see how much hard work and time it took for this video.

Some of the shots in this video date back 4-5 years, the original concept for this video was thought more than a year ago, a years worth of ideas went into this :) although it only took Auto a few weeks to make the video (cuz he's god of production lol).

Yeah, Toasty came up randomnly when doing an uppercut in MKII.

I'm happy this movie touched you man.  But the way you keep going on about how it 'makes you proud'.  If I was in b2b I couldn't help but feel a little patronised by your tone.  I know you don't mean it like that but I can't refrain from commenting.  I know others will agree.

Again.  Please don't take this as an intentional derail.  The movie is epic and so is everyone involved.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2011, 01:33 AM »
I dunno why you would feel or think that, but fair enough lol, I am proud for everyone who took part and b2b generally, we all are :)

« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2011, 01:51 AM »
I dunno why you would feel or think that, but fair enough lol, I am proud for everyone who took part and b2b generally, we all are :)

It sounds a bit like you feel that you've taught or mentored these players.  Almost like their acheivements are owed partly to you.  I think in a way you kinda feel they are, hence you adopted this tone.  I know you have taught them a lot I'm sure...don't get me wrong.  But give it a break lol.

I will always love you man because you literally live and breathe this game and I feel quite bad for bringing it up.  But these guys are f@#!ing incredible players, some of them have put 10 years plus into this game.  Your post inadvertently attributed some of their skill to you and it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I really hope I wasn't the only one who felt a bit niggled by that.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2011, 02:19 AM »
Am I not allowed to be proud to be part of a community with actual interests in common, to have real friendship instead of immature banter and bickering/trolling?

I am proud for more than just teaching some BnG, I didn't say I taught everyone, some of them have even played BnG longer than I have, I am proud to have them as friends, I am proud they have learned so much and have the same amount of passion and dedication to BnG as I do.

Can you please stop imagining the worst? I am proud, and that's that, I really am lol...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2011, 11:36 AM »

« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2011, 12:00 PM »
-
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 12:03 PM by NinjaCamel »
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2011, 12:00 PM »
I don't have just one boss, actually!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2011, 12:03 PM »
I don't have just one boss, actually!

Yeah me too, lucky for me, all my bosses are really nice, fun to work with, and hardworking, organised, my department is the best now atm, i'm f@#!ing proud of that too xD

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2011, 12:06 PM »
It's not a problem, nino :)
I've PMed Komo about this (after he PMed me). I think we'll manage.

Let's get the topic back on the magnificent movie :)

Offline nino

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2011, 12:15 PM »
alright then my hero, if he harm you let me know!  >:( hehehe
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2011, 12:50 PM »
Does killing me ruthlessly in BnGs count? ;D

« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2011, 11:42 PM »
Hey, guys. I'm just saying that this is the best movie ever. I love it and everyone involved with it. Which expands to the entire population of the world because I'm involved with b2b and b2b is involved with tus and tus is involved with the internet and the internet is available to most people of the world. And everyone is a different person who is to be loved for who they are. But some people can not feel that love. Some people are always going to find a fault with what they see. Is this a fault in what they are seeing or is it a fault in what they perceive as being attractive to them? Everything that is perceived as good or bad is particular to the person who owns that opinion. If we multiply that opinion with others of the same thinking then we have a democracy which creates a general idea of which people strive to be; making them mainstream (abiding to what is accepted as being 'normal' by following what others like) which makes people lose their belief in themselves and feel like they have to like a certain thing to be 'accepted' by a crowd they want to be a part of when it isn't who they really are. This view is reflected in the way people from multiple cultures and backgrounds came together to make this video, a thing of beauty that can be appreciated by all. Their effort and training has taken time from their lives to go into something that has epitomised the meaning and relevance of BnG to the lives of those who respect it. I love b2b and BnG xo

Offline Alien

« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2011, 11:45 PM »
i totally agree with you dilligaf and i really do !

Offline Auto

« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2011, 02:32 PM »
<3

Offline philie

« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2011, 04:33 PM »
thats the trailer? (bandwagon *hint*)

jk  :D

your movie: AWESOME!!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 04:54 PM by philie »