Forums
May 01, 2024, 11:35 AM

Author Topic: tree fiddy  (Read 3099 times)

Offline TheKomodo

tree fiddy
« on: September 16, 2011, 04:01 PM »
Komito - tree fiddy

Dedicated to my pal oldsock :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?1d2r182372uoc2o

Please leave your thoughts and comments please thanks :)

Offline Dub-c

Re: Gladiator Guy
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 04:14 PM »
omg that is so funny ho ho ho
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Ramone

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 04:22 PM »
Dunno what's this, but to me it sounds like a music for a commercial..  ???

Offline Rok

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 05:14 PM »
Sounds more like Nyan Cat Guy  ;D

Lower the pitch maybe?
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 07:31 PM »
SOunds perfect to me mate, tested it on all other speakers/headphones as well.

Offline wormf00d

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 07:53 PM »
Is it me or do I detect Das Boot samples in this lol :)

N tune btw

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 09:00 PM »
Is it me or do I detect Das Boot samples in this lol :)

N tune btw

WHat is Das Boot?

Only sample I used were the "OH MY GOD IT'S THE GLADIATOR GUY" "OH MY GOD" and "K..." Which I ripped myself from 2 different South Park episodes.

Offline wormf00d

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 11:12 PM »
das boot? greatest german tekkno song ever! :)

Offline cOke

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 11:18 PM »
ah I thought u meant das boot the film :P

i like this but i think the bass needs more sub/needs to be meatier sounds a bit too much like a distorted bass guitar preset

edit: heres some 'meaty' bass
HNN4EVA

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 12:17 AM »
good to see you know your roots dog!
worm and learn

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 04:55 AM »
ah I thought u meant das boot the film :P

i like this but i think the bass needs more sub/needs to be meatier sounds a bit too much like a distorted bass guitar preset

edit: heres some 'meaty' bass

Nah I prefer it the way it is, not all bass has to be "meaty", it definately ain't a preset, I programmed/created everything, kicks/snare/hi hat myself but not the vocals obviously, and I do have distortion/bitcrusher effects with that bassline, it's just the way I like it.

When you write "needs" do you mean in your opinion? Or speaking professionally? Cuz speaking professionally it's spot on what I wanted actually, I tried a "thicker" sound whilst doing the effects/EQ and compression for the bass and it honestly sounded horrible.

I like your criticism though, one of the weird things about producing music myself, is being able to listen to music and "breaking down" the elements of that song, I can listen to most electro music now, and I know instantly how to programme any lead now, I can't explain it, I just know how to, same with percussion, and sometimes I hear a great song, but I still "think" it "needs" changes, like i'd personally find it a little more self-satisfying if the kick had a little EQ boost around 75kz-85kz instead of 90kz-100kz, or the clap/snare had a small peaked boost around 200kz-230kz, or a lead needs to be layered more even though it sounds good enough all on its own.

I've done a SHITLOAD of research on proper compression/EQ and I think it's beginning to pay off.

My favourite thing about this clip is the percussion, it's sounds so simple yet, the kick is a mixture of 4 different sounds mixed together with ever so slightly different EQ levels/effects all compressed together, the snare is 6 different sounds, the hi hat 3.

It took me 2 hours JUST for that, then 2-3 hours for the rest cuz I am faster at programming synths and already have what I want in my head.

I just listened to that song, and on my speakers, "flat frequency" monitors, my bassline actually sounds better in my opinion, that song actually sounds so damn boring to me lol, well, it's nice, to chillout too, but I prefer more energetic mental music that gets me bouncin, example, I love skrillex/datsik/Deadmau5, yes I am new to dubstep, so what lol.

Offline sock

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 05:08 AM »
i like the start of it and am interested in hearing it when its all complete

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 05:14 AM »

It is complete lol, it was just a little clip, personally for you haha.

Offline sock

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 05:16 AM »

It is complete lol, it was just a little clip, personally for you haha.

i mean i like where it was going, u were just about to get into some real funky stuff and then back to mario type beat for 30 more seconds to end it, then it will be long enough for my ringtone
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 05:20 AM by sock »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 05:20 AM »
Ok i'll continue it then, i'll try to make it 1:30 long.

madog, i'll redo the same clip, but with the bassline with a lower hz peak, just for you.