Forums
May 07, 2024, 11:46 AM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Unable to modify or delete maps.  (Read 1327 times)

Offline ohms

[SOLVED] Unable to modify or delete maps.
« on: February 25, 2015, 07:01 PM »
I uploaded about 10 new maps a couple of weeks ago. Within a day or 2 I tried to update 3 maps to fix some errors and small improvements. I waited a few days but the maps did not change. Tried several times. Now I thought I would delete and re-upload those 3 maps, but I am unable to delete them. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Any ideas?

Cheers.

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Unable to modify or delete maps.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 12:15 PM »
Hello,

New modified maps needs to be approved first which I did them for you. Are you sure none of them got updated?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline ohms

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 01:19 PM »
Hi, thanks for responding. I'm pretty certain the maps did not get updated. None of the changes were there.
When I edited the maps and choose the replacement PNG it does not appear in the preview. Can't remember if that's normal. But I click ok and it seems to go through. Tells me to await mod approval, etc.

I will re-up the 3 altered maps again.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 01:24 PM by ohms »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 08:07 AM »
There's something wrong with the way you try to upload maps. I am getting new modified maps from other members just fine, but when you try to upload one, it seems to fail. Are you uploading the map via its edit page? (by clicking on next to the map)

« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 08:14 AM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline ohms

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 10:41 AM »
I use the edit icon. I'm sure I've done it successfully this way before.
I click on Replace/Update this map, and then pick the new map.
The only thing I've noticed is that the new map does not appear,
but when I click 'ok' it seems to take an appropriate amount of time.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 10:42 AM by ohms »

Offline ohms

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 11:07 AM »
I even tried to delete the maps altogether and re-upload them as new, but they wouldn't delete.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 06:49 AM »
Give me the map IDs for the update. I have your new versions but system has failed to mention the map ID to tried to upload. I could identify them by the look but it seems there's 2 versions of each, so I don't know which one you tried to update.

Just give me the map IDs, I'll figure out which one is which.

Offline ohms

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 03:17 AM »
Not sure what the map IDs are. The new versions of the maps are all a bit smaller than the existing ones.

The new version of Infini8i - Map 7 (shrunken) Vertigo is 5040x4000

The new version of Infini8i - Map 4 (shrunken) Cavern is 4000x2000

The new version of Infini8i - Map 2 (shrunken) Rock is also 4000x2000

Hope that helps. Thanks.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 08:55 AM »
Done. If you faced this problem with more maps, post in this thread for now.

Offline ohms

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 12:48 PM »
Done. If you faced this problem with more maps, post in this thread for now.

Awesome! Thanks so much for your help.