Forums
May 03, 2024, 08:10 PM

Author Topic: Weekly TTRR Challenges  (Read 5841 times)

Offline Ray

Re: Weekly TTRR Challenges
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 08:30 AM »
I like that idea, DarkOne! Although that one needs modification by MonkeyIsland, it's not available with the current system. ;<

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 08:14 AM »
That's a pretty good idea, you'd get at least a few more people attempting the challenges. I think it should be kept weekly as well, or else people will grow disinterested seeing the same times up there for too long.

But yeah I'd recommend just choosing maps on your own judgment, varying the width and style. I imagine sometimes you can get some pretty useless or annoying maps if you choose at random, like ones with way too many of those alternating up and down pole parts. But are you only choosing from the maps that show up in the RR Map pack section?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 08:27 AM »
It would be cool to have a similar system to Football, for example.

Premier league
1st Division
2nd Division

Setup some sort of average TTRR map to see who gets what division, for example, 15 players enter, the best 5 times go to the Premier, the last 5 the 2nd division and the 5 in the middle go to the 1st division, people in the 2nd division that come in the top 2 get moved up, same with the 1st division, and people in the Premier that come last 2, get moved down to the 1st division, and last 2 in 1st division get moved to the 3rd division, seeing as you all get points for your position in the challenges this will decide the standings in each Division...

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 08:45 AM »

Premier league
1st Division
2nd Division

Setup some sort of average TTRR map to see who gets what division, for example, 15 players enter, the best 5 times go to the Premier, the last 5 the 2nd division and the 5 in the middle go to the 1st division, people in the 2nd division that come in the top 2 get moved up, same with the 1st division, and people in the Premier that come last 2, get moved down to the 1st division, and last 2 in 1st division get moved to the 3rd division, seeing as you all get points for your position in the challenges this will decide the standings in each Division...

No way Komo!! Absolutely not.

Have you seen how shit England do in the football!?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 08:50 AM »
This isn't football though, but the concept would be pretty nice, don't you think?

Offline Maciej

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 09:12 AM »

Premier league
1st Division
2nd Division

it was my idea...

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 09:17 AM »
This isn't football though, but the concept would be pretty nice, don't you think?

Yeah, that was an attempt at humour following England's World Cup failure.

The idea is good yeah.  I like it although it may be hard to set up and administer.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 09:58 AM »
Lol Maciej, I didn't even see the post where you said that idea, but now I do lol, great minds think alike :D

Mine was slightly more specific than yours though :P

It was an example with 5 players though, I can't believe we both said 5 players in each lol.

An ideal way for me would be 4, with an added 3rd Division, and let's say 6 players in each one.

And sorry Cue I totally didn't get that, because I was in the middle of an arguement with my ex... Wasn't paying much attention lol, now that you say it like that, :D haha

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 11:32 AM »
And sorry Cue I totally didn't get that, because I was in the middle of an arguement with my ex..

You?  Argue?

Never!!!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 11:33 AM »
I try not to, honest ! haha

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 11:41 AM »
Is it easier to argue with wormers or former girlfriends?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 11:43 AM »
Girls, hands down lol

At least when I argue with people on Wnet, I still respect them after lol

Offline darKz

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2010, 11:46 AM »
Definitely girls.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2010, 11:48 AM »
Oh, and you aren't a TRUE WA player, until you get into an arguement with someone :)

Offline Maciej

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2010, 11:58 AM »
Oh, and you aren't a TRUE WA player, until you get into an arguement with someone :)
haaah, so how can you call me then? xd

btw, what about those challange leagues and seasons, gonna be interesting... ;>
we can open the signs for it, and make 3 leagues (or more if it's needed), and then just kick inactive ppl, and in their places put new players, who would like to take a part (but make it after a season ofc)
smth like it is in hattrick.org if anybody knows this site