Forums
May 01, 2024, 03:39 PM

Author Topic: Battle Race  (Read 974 times)

Battle Race
« on: November 20, 2009, 01:16 AM »
Well i'll just paste what I wrote when I tried to create a public cup. Cant host more than 4 at a time? Is there a waiting list or something?

Any intrest?

This is a Battle Race Cup

What I mean by classic is that I will select maps to be used for each round,  that are not hard techincal maps, but maps more suited to classic battle racing.

So a more tactical race will be required, shooting worms back, using weapons to boom further on the map etc...

I wont pick maps that ive bashed, ill be picking old random .bit maps (bloopy, mr blacksgy etc), that all have obvious jumps and no hidden shortcuts or whatever.

- Basically sign up if you like battlerace!

- The only rule is no plopping worms (if its possible).

- SCHEME: https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/download/file-136/

- It is important that you use this scheme, it is balanced and tactical.

Cup Scheme Rules

- Click walking is not aloowed.

- Weapons may be used to boom across the map.

- If the player who started second finishes the map in the turn after the player who started first, then its a draw and you must rm.

- Remember this is battle race. Try and keep your opponant as far away from the finish as possible!

- You have 1 freeze and 1 fast walk in the scheme, use these appropriately to secure that win!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 10:46 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Battle Race
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 05:45 AM »
Well I believe hosting many public cups and the same time will get messy that's why I put a limit for cups to be hosted at the same time. More thinking about it, it used to get messy because of previous forum-base cups, I'm not sure but I doubt in our cup system it get messy as much as the past.

However hosting many cups at the same time, will decrease their winning value, no?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 03:38 PM »
Ok I realise that, so how are new publics hosted?

Must we post a thread here first? is there a waiting list etc?
worm and learn

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 04:49 PM »
I'll mark your BT cup.

You can host it as soon as 2 of our current public cups gets finished.
Thanks for your understanding.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 05:55 PM »
Yey, finally! The best scheme ever - of course I'm in, eh... 8)

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 10:29 PM »
kk thanks MI
worm and learn

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 12:07 PM »
Ye, finally something. Thumbs up for this.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 12:12 AM »
ok thanks, but its not a popular scheme really, so tell as many br'ers you know about it pls
worm and learn