Forums
May 09, 2024, 09:48 PM

Poll

Did you like the new scheme? (please only vote if you were in the cup)

I liked this scheme better than the official TUS hysteria scheme.
5 (31.3%)
I like the official TUS hysteria scheme better.
6 (37.5%)
I like both schemes the same.
5 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Experiment results  (Read 2685 times)

Offline nino

Re: Experiment results
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 06:09 AM »
no random placements would be cool too, sometimes teams waste all their 1st turns at teleporting to decents places.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 07:07 AM »
This experiment avoids telecows, this becomes the game hard...

This will limit the game to shots => Better BnGer would have a better chance of win than before.

I don't really see how, especially if you only have 1 worm and they have 3/4, you need angle to use BnG skills, and most people are too scared to hide out open enough to get the best use out of weapons because they lack the confidence to do this due to low hit consistency, if you hide out without land above with 1 worm left, your opponent can telecide on you, so it's hard to use BnG skills to an advantage without being able to pile the opponent, and when your opponent goes down to 1 worm when you are winning, they usually hide at the sides where it's impossible to grenade/zook, the only way you can hit them is by using petrol which is sometimes very hard when you keep getting the opposite wind not to mention hitting that little piece of land at the very very edge is extremely hard to hit.

I try to win my Hysterias as fast as possible and in such a way that they don't get a chance to hide at the side, because I know as soon as someone takes the cowards way out waiting for winds and digging it people start using tele like 100 times and it literally makes the game 2x or 3x sometimes even 4x longer, and what's even worse, everytime I start jumping to make SD come I get called a noob lol (They are the ones hiding, yet I am the noob, yeah... What? Yeah...), but really you can't blame anyone for hiding, it's survival instinct and more or less the only tactic there is when Hysteria gets to 1 worm vs 1 or more so it HAS to be done most times.

I really like Hysteria now, i've grown really fond of it, it's like the only scheme where I don't even get upset in the slightest when I lose as long as I played the best I could and tbh I shoulda took part in this Cup cuz it looks really fun :'(

Gj as usual being MOD D1 :)

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 05:15 PM »
This will limit the game to shots => Better BnGer would have a better chance of win than before.

There are other tactics than turn order abuse in the game :) It's just not worth the hassle finding out about it with the current scheme, since the best possible move at turn 1 is damaging your opponent's worm and killing the worm you just played with.

I prefer the best BnGer winning over the best suicider winning any day :) But that's just my opinion. With the current scheme, there's no point in killing an opponent's worm, since it'll only screw up your chances of winning. People regularly telecide a 30+ worm to do 20 damage on another worm.

Offline franz

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 05:35 PM »
since the best possible move at turn 1 is damaging your opponent's worm and killing the worm you just played with.

best possible move? sure it's one way to play hysteria, but I disagree completely.
if people enjoy playing hysteria by killing their own worms, let them. they can enjoy the game however they like.

just don't reduce hysteria down to only one "best" strategy.