Forums
April 28, 2024, 09:23 PM

Author Topic: I got an Idea to make CUPS easy  (Read 2106 times)

I got an Idea to make CUPS easy
« on: February 18, 2011, 03:30 PM »
those who are in a cup, after they login into site, they see a lil CUP CHAT BOX, and there you can talk and see who's online-that's the best way to make cups going easy and nice,what u think about that? is it possible to code that?

Offline nino

Re: I got an Idea to make CUPS easy
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 04:23 PM »
Crash, thats a good idea indeed, but wont make any diference, cos most of peoples dont give a f@#! about, they press join cup and then after this they are like haeuhaeuheauhaeuha.

the best way would be a penality for those who didnot play their games in the seted time.

like:

someone who didnot play their game get a warn, if happen again, this person wont be able to participate of cups again.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 05:50 PM »
We can rate the mod, so why can't the mod rate cup players?
If a player has a bad rating then he can't join a cup. Unless he decides to take it seriously then a second chance can be given to him.
Kinda like the warning nino suggested  8)

For example : a player doesn't play any games in the cup, he gets a 0 from the mod at the end of the cup (If no health or study excuses of course, mod could replace if such situation)
A player who played all his games get a 5.
If you are under 3, a  mod will decide if you can join the cup or not.
Under 2 you are fobidden to play cups unless you promise to play all your games and hold this promise. If not banned from cups.
There are too many people who join cup and don't play it, maybe they just like to click on join button  ::)
With such system we could get rid of all usual inactive players.  :'(
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 06:13 PM by darkmaul »

Offline Csongi

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 06:11 PM »
We can rate the mod, so why can't the mod rate cup players?
If a player has a bad rating then he can't join a cup. Unless he decides to take it seriously then a second chance can be given to him.
Kinda like the warning nino suggested  8)
that would be just like the karma system. ppl giving bad ratings for other players because they hate them.
(that wouldn't be fair for zippo xDD )
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 06:14 PM »
Mods are supposed to be fair tho, darkone can control who host cups and forbid these people if they abuse the system.
You can hate zippo but if he played all his games in a cup giving him a 0 just because you don't like me would result in giving a 0 to that mod and forbid him from hosting cups :p

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 06:51 PM »
darkone can control who host cups and forbid these people if they abuse the system.

MY GOD! THE POWER! IT'S SO AWESOME!

*cough*

Well, I did put up a list here: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/cups-general/cup-stats-regarding-activity/ but perhaps there ought to be consequences for people getting on that list on the lower end.
I thought about adding the amount of PMs I sent to particular people about cups, but I don't think I can count high enough for some people to correctly display the amount of PMs required to get through to them :)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 07:31 PM »
System could make stats for the number of games each player plays. For example:  NOob42:  50% played.
Then when hosting public cups, the mod could specify only people with 75% played games can join.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 07:44 PM »
Good idea MI, but the host can decide on the % limit?

Offline nino

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 08:58 PM »
Great idea MI , perhaps, cos king xD
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 09:18 PM »
Can the system handle that a group may have had a playoff?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 09:20 PM »
Care for an example?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 12:47 AM »
DarkOne, Mister 166%, hehehehe.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 05:17 AM »
Wehn the number of games are more than expected, system would simply consider that group full. So no more than 100%.

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2011, 09:55 AM »
I guess if you implement that, then people shouldn't be excluded if they haven't participated yet :) (their percentage is 0% after all)
And it should only count rounds that are finished :) Or the percentages drop dramatically for people who are at that time in multiple cups