Forums
April 28, 2024, 09:16 PM

Author Topic: Inactivity in Cups  (Read 790 times)

Offline chakkman

Inactivity in Cups
« on: March 05, 2010, 02:06 PM »
Hi,

there already had been a thread about this, but i cant find it right now... as an example i ll take the Wxw cup which is running atm, modded by godito. There are at least 3 groups in which 4 out of 5 players only played 50% or less of their games. Don't think that is an acceptable rate. Especially considering that the deadline was a v long one, 1 month to play the games.

As far as i can remember in the thread i couldn't find we thought about consequences for the guys inactive and also DarkOne was installed as a cup mod. Still i believe the ppl that didnt get to play their games should be punished. Being excluded for 1 month from future cups for those who played 50% or less of their group games sounds like a good start to me. Or, when its a cup with 4 players in the group the guys who only played 1 game or less. People have to know that their inactivity sucks and imo the mods are not there for parenting players the whole cup long and getting them to play their games. Its their own business.

Offline Ray

Re: Inactivity in Cups
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 08:45 AM »
It also depends on the moderator, the moderator's English... Remember how many time did I inform you about RoH Cup updates.

Offline Random00

Re: Inactivity in Cups
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 02:15 PM »
I also see this problem, but its hard to find a good punishment, because it might be that someone just played less than 50% of his games just because his opponents were basically never there. So someone who tries to be active would be punished...

The main problem of many players is that they see a cup and think "Oh, a wxw/shopper/hyst cup, sounds cool, I'll just join" and then they will never take any care of it again....