Forums
April 29, 2024, 01:10 PM

Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Cup - Ideas for upgrade  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Zalo the moler

Re: Wheel of Fortune Cup - Ideas for upgrade
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2023, 08:09 PM »
Biggest problem with this cup is I can't figure out what the f@#! scheme it is when people report for watching the games, but that has to do with TUS interface, not the cup itself.

Dude, sorry, but i do not understand this part xD

Could you say it a little more simply? or using words that are similar in meaning. thx :D

When you open a game that somebody reported, you don't see what scheme they were playing. You can probably figure out if you open the replay and spend a couple of seconds to see the inventory but there is no other way. Maybe in the cup window, MonkeyIsland could add an option to not only put your score "2:0", but also some brief comment towards the reported game, for example "We were playing Flood Race", something that would be visible in the panel where the game is reported? That comment could take that big space that we currently have for... voting the game...? like... who even cares to rate the match as 2/5 or 4/5? People only give 5/5 or 0/5 :P We should remove that.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 08:32 PM by Zalo the moler »

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2023, 08:26 PM »
Biggest problem with this cup is I can't figure out what the f@#! scheme it is when people report for watching the games, but that has to do with TUS interface, not the cup itself.

Dude, sorry, but i do not understand this part xD

Could you say it a little more simply? or using words that are similar in meaning. thx :D

When you open a game that somebody reported, you don't see what scheme they were playing. You can probably figure out if you open the replay and spend a couple of seconds to see the inventory but there is no other way. Maybe in the cup window, MonkeyIsland could add an option to not only put your score "2:0", but also some brief comment towards the reported game, something that would be visible in the panel where the game is reported? That comment could take that big space that we currently have for... voting the game...? like... who even cares to rate the match as 2/5 or 4/5? People only give 5/5 or 0/5 :P We should remove that.

oh yes, ok, I understand.

Yes, it would be nice to make it possible for a site or a certain system to understand what scheme is used in a replay. I don't know how to actually do this, actually. If we let the players do it manually, choose a scheme, this would be the simplest option. If it's a single scheme cup, players won't have a hard time marking one scheme. In cups with a lot of schemes, this would be useful, I agree

As for voting for the game, it might be necessary as a feature, but overall it's pointless, I agree

Online Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2023, 10:59 PM »
When you open a game that somebody reported, you don't see what scheme they were playing. You can probably figure out if you open the replay and spend a couple of seconds to see the inventory but there is no other way. Maybe in the cup window, MonkeyIsland could add an option to not only put your score "2:0", but also some brief comment towards the reported game, for example "We were playing Flood Race", something that would be visible in the panel where the game is reported? That comment could take that big space that we currently have for... voting the game...? like... who even cares to rate the match as 2/5 or 4/5? People only give 5/5 or 0/5 :P We should remove that.

I agree with this, the game rating system is just as pointless and unnecessary as the karma system was. it was only used so that people with mental retardities could tryna ease their pain but it didn't serve anything good. but depicting the scheme that was being used for the reported match would serve a nicer purpose

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2023, 07:42 AM »
https://www.tus-wa.com/cups/cup-1214/

Hello everyone!

The Wheel of Fortune Cup started not long ago, and I understand that the idea as a whole is interesting for many players.

But what about your opinion on upgrading this idea?

What would you change? Which schemes would you exclude from the draw? What schemes would you add to the draw?

Perhaps you would change the number of wins in the group stage or in the playoffs.
Perhaps you could come up with and add some idea to the drawing process.

I am ready to listen to your ideas and wishes  :)

Please, let us avoid sharply negative emotions, insults, and also respect the opinion of every player who writes here.

I would also ask you to consider the consequences before you share your thoughts. This is more about giving a fair decision when counting the results of games in certain controversial situations. Thank you for your attention.

But let's get back to discussing new ideas...

My biggest concern is the fact that I have to do the same number of rounds for all schemes to keep the game counting more balanced.

I was thinking about doing bo1 matches in group. But in this case, the game will be even shorter.
If do this bo3, then I can limit yourself only to removing the most inconvenient schemes for bo3.

But at the same time, in the playoffs for some schemes I can add bo1, bo5 or bo7, depending on the scheme

I could also supplement the wheel of fortune in the playoffs with schemes that bo3 does not suit in the group round
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 08:15 AM by Lancelot »

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2023, 09:06 PM »
Finding a new schemes for next wheel cup isn't that hard.

I have an idea for the next draw. More precisely, offer each player to exclude any one scheme of their choice from the drawing.
That is, the player himself decides whether he needs to use this opportunity or not

But in this case, perhaps I will make the draw difficult for Komito if he agrees to help me next time

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2023, 09:27 PM »
Finding a new schemes for next wheel cup isn't that hard.

I have an idea for the next draw. More precisely, offer each player to exclude any one scheme of their choice from the drawing.
That is, the player himself decides whether he needs to use this opportunity or not

But in this case, perhaps I will make the draw difficult for Komito if he agrees to help me next time

Wasn't the idea behind the cup to force people to play the schemes that they would have never played otherwise? I would keep things the way they are right now. Maybe if the Player A doesn't want to play one scheme, he can voice his veto right away on the Twitch stream. There will be 3 extra schemes to draw, and from those 3 schemes, it is the opponent (Player B), who will later choose the scheme more favourable for him. Since at first glance, changing the scheme wouldn't pay off, only the most desperate players would reject them.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 09:34 PM by Zalo the moler »

Online Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2023, 09:39 PM »
Wasn't the idea behind the cup to force people to play the schemes that they would have never played otherwise? I would keep things the way they are right now. Maybe if the Player A doesn't want to play one scheme, he can voice his veto right away on the Twitch stream. There will be 3 extra schemes to draw, and from those 3 schemes, it is the opponent (Player B), who will later choose the scheme more favourable for him. Since at first glance, changing the scheme wouldn't pay off, only the most desperate players would reject them.

^ that's right, forget that idea Lancy. just collect a nice amount of 40-50 schemes again for #2 cup and mix them all, like you did in #1 cup. just maybe instead of adding an overall bo1 for player 1 and player 2, give'em the chance to play bo3 (for 3 different schemes) in group stage too

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2023, 09:44 PM »
Man nothing needs changed, its a great and fun cup with the freshest idea we've seen in a long time.  Drawing schemes was great.  The randomness is good, veto would make it more of a problem for drawing.  It's a random cup, thats why it is good, why make it less random?

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2023, 09:45 PM »
The basic idea is for players to play scheme chosen at random.
I think some players will have the toughest time in the current cup.
I'm talking about those who constantly practice normal or several other schemes or rope things

If I add even more schemes next time, the cup will become even more random than it is now.
Mix with standard league schemes + even more rare schemes + little more Rubber schemes.
And add the fact that I will exclude the most undesirable bo3 schemes from the group round draw, then adding them to the playoff draw.

Let's make the idea even better. Together  :)

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2023, 09:52 PM »

^ that's right, forget that idea Lancy. just collect a nice amount of 40-50 schemes again for #2 cup and mix them all, like you did in #1 cup. just maybe instead of adding an overall bo1 for player 1 and player 2, give'em the chance to play bo3 (for 3 different schemes) in group stage too

The point is that I want to count the points in each group fairly.
If I sacrifice a few schemes for this that the players are unlikely to notice, nothing bad will happen  :)

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2023, 09:53 PM »
My dream is to see 24 or 32 players in the next WoF Cup  :-*

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2023, 03:37 AM »

The point is that I want to count the points in each group fairly.
If I sacrifice a few schemes for this that the players are unlikely to notice, nothing bad will happen  :)

Bro! just count the won matches only. Don't count the won rounds at all. Or else we will end up in these strange situations where 3 people in a group have 1 win + 1 loss, and the last guy who won a match can't celebrate, because he won his match 2:1, and therefore it's a bitter victory, because by the end of the day he let somebody else win 1 round, and that will automatically eliminate him from the cup... it shouldn't be like that. Schemes will never be equal to each other. 2:1 in Elite shouldn't be worse for the winner than 2:0 in Mine Surfing. Please count only matches and not rounds. Keep all of the schemes! We have had many cups on TUS that were played only via matches. If somebody won as many matches as another person, those people were fighting again against each other.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 03:42 AM by Zalo the moler »

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2023, 07:02 AM »
Well, I might try that next time. Noticed.

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2023, 09:29 PM »
Let me briefly summarize the above.

1. I increase the number of schemes in the next WoF cup.
2. I make the number of victories and the number of worms in the team according to the rules of the scheme for groups and K/O.
3. I’m waiting for the league’s schemes to be updated (if this does not happen, I make copies of the schemes, add the missing rules to the description of the schemes, and also adapt the schemes to the latest version of worms armageddon).
4. I will try to ask Komito to help draw lots for the next cup  :-*
5. As for any new or specific functions for the draw, they will not be available because they are not needed.
6. I will also remove the ability to spin the wheel again (roll again bro) - this is a pointless thing and it takes time
7. Before the start of the draw for the group round, three “colorless” schemes will be selected randomly, which will be used in controversial situations (for example: when two or three players have an equal number of victories and cannot be distributed in personal meetings).
8. I’m making new medals and trying to make this cup even better, with your help, of course :)

As for proposals for new schemes, as well as for medals, I will be glad to see in PM or here

Peace.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 08:17 AM by Lancelot »