Forums
May 01, 2024, 12:01 PM

Author Topic: dST v3 S4 - Comments & Feedback  (Read 5741 times)

Offline spleen17

Re: dST v3 S4 - Comments & Feedback
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2015, 02:21 PM »
As I said in the tour today, I have decided to refuse picker in dST's from now on. The rules say that picker is optional, and I will be exercising my right to choose a map from now on. I know picker has become the done thing recently but we used to play a lot more tours with the pick system, and I found them much more enjoyable.

Reasons are as follows:

1. I find it more fun. There are less boring maps, and there are some nice maps that aren't in picker that tend to get forgotten about.

2. It is fairer, in my opinion. With picker one person can get lucky with all maps they are good at / have played recently. One pick each is a fair system.

3. I think picker has some problems, I will elaborate on this in the picker thread in dS private board soon (probably today / tomorrow).

You can still use picker for your own picks of course, I will not object to this.

Again I am not trying to start an argument / debate at this time, just posting so you guys are aware before you agree to play with me :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2015, 02:21 PM »
Adnan broke da curse! updated.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2015, 05:39 PM »
"Senseitive Ragequit"

updated

Offline Sensei

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2015, 06:01 PM »
"Senseitive Ragequit"

Just to make it clear:

I stayed 2 maps so you can take my pts and to punish myself for not playing whole tour.
Even when knowing I could leave after 1st map, and not lose any pts.

Kinda not "rage" way of thinking.. More sensitive tbh ;)

Offline Hurz

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2015, 06:57 PM »
would have been better you would have not played 2nd map tbh, then we could have done a regular 3-way. when you came back for 2nd i thought you would play rest of tour, otherwise would have asked you to leave. cuz now you always took the 1 point place, but winner got 4 points still, know what i mean?
in next season we prolly will introduce some punish system for quitting, 0 points e.g.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2015, 07:16 PM »
Didn't know I'd hurt anyone. Otherwise i wouldn't do it.
I apologized to players and they didn't seem to even care.

Won't happen again ;)
Pause from dst would be good for me.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2015, 07:24 PM »
nah dont pause :)

Offline Sensei

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2015, 07:30 PM »
Gonna wait for some stable rules :)
Like you all know, apparently I have "short fuse".. Guess this things will continue to happen when I feel like there's some contradictions in game. Don't wanna ruin it for other guys, tho.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2015, 08:02 PM »
After chatting with Sensei today it seems I need to engrave "no rethrows" into the actual rules.

This may be right or wrong I act only on what I am told, Sensei told me he feels treated unfairly because he lets other players rethrow and yet Hurz doesn't let him rethrow.

Regardless of this rethrowing worms IS NOT ALLOWED!

You may only rethrow your worms if you missed your turn completely because there was an emergency or something and even that is up to your opponents to allow.

If you fail to throw your worm properly, it's the same situation if you hit yourself in BnG or Elite or Hysteria, you can't expect to be allowed repeat attempts because of mistakes/technical errors, you take the risk when you play.

I will add this to the rules immediately.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2015, 08:14 PM »
After chatting with Sensei today it seems I need to engrave "no rethrows" into the actual rules.

This may be right or wrong I act only on what I am told, Sensei told me he feels treated unfairly because he lets other players rethrow and yet Hurz doesn't let him rethrow.

Regardless of this rethrowing worms IS NOT ALLOWED!

You may only rethrow your worms if you missed your turn completely because there was an emergency or something and even that is up to your opponents to allow.

If you fail to throw your worm properly, it's the same situation if you hit yourself in BnG or Elite or Hysteria, you can't expect to be allowed repeat attempts because of mistakes/technical errors, you take the risk when you play.

I will add this to the rules immediately.

the case sensei felt treated not fair was special tho.
2 days ago we had test throws on shiny world and - instead of teleing back - i plopped my worm trying to get back to start, other participants let me rethrow.
yesterday we got drilled off start, sensei roped back to start, then jumped off it without rope and fell so i said he started new turn and just missed to play it, so no rethrow.
i always used to let ppl rethrow even if just fell, but since we got rules for it + mulligans i try to be fair and not only nice ;)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 08:21 PM by Hurz »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2015, 08:27 PM »
rethrowing worms IS NOT ALLOWED!

Only way you can do this rule better is to make it like this: TURN STARTS WHEN PLAYER ATTACH ROPE TO THE WALL!

Few days ago one of my worms was drilled from start. And when my turn came, I was going back on start position. But my precious keyboard (disgusting as it is) f@#!ed me over cause it pressed 2 enter instead of 1 (or other way around)
I fell down.. And from Hurz I've only heard: "BL!"..  (btw, in the end he won that game for 1pt more than me)

That was funny to me cause same shit happened to him just day before that.. He asked can he reuse that worm he plopped. I (we) said: "ofc.."

Be smart when editing this particular rule.. Don't let "bl" and "ofc" players makes difference.
Make rule for everyone to obbey, without exception and minimum space for malversations of any kind.

I didn't say Hurz is guy who takes advantage of rules when he can.. But let's say I felt his "darker" side few times.  :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2015, 08:29 PM »
2 days ago we had test throws on shiny world and - instead of teleing back - i plopped my worm trying to get back to start, other participants let me rethrow.

I will never understand why people rope back instead of teleport, it takes more time and it's more risky, if you fell cuz of your own stupidity you should accept the consequences and not be allowed another chance.

I do it in dSTC a lot because that can save time if done properly, but it's still a risk as you witnessed the other night lol.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2015, 08:31 PM »
Only way you can do this rule better is to make it like this: TURN STARTS WHEN PLAYER ATTACH ROPE TO THE WALL!

No, that would be unfair.

This is the rule:

• You are not allowed to rethrow a worm which has accidentally used drill, missed the target, or turn ended due to a mistake being made.
  • If you are AFK one or more turns due to an emergency you may rethrow IF your opponents agree to let you.

Obviously you can use a mulligan tho if this happens ;)

Offline Sensei

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2015, 08:48 PM »
I'm not saying this things just to be said..

Actually, been playing like this since day i started. Lost many Trl:Darts games and positions in dS Tours cause let people throw. (not re-throw, THROW!)
How can you say "re-throw" if they didn't even had their worm attached to the wall? Let's be honest.. That's bullshit.

I'm happier to lose game, then to win it by someones honest mistake that has nothing do to with Darts.

And really was angry when you today said to me I'm not a good sportsmanship. Two things I can't accept: people calling me liar and people calling me unfair.

Bye.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2015, 08:55 PM »
Actually, been playing like this since day i started. Lost many Trl:Darts games and positions in dS Tours cause let people throw. (not re-throw, THROW!)
How can you say "re-throw" if they didn't even had their worm attached to the wall? Let's be honest.. That's bullshit.

Well to start off, "rethrow" is just a term used to let someone take their turn again, not only that but if we were to be as literal as you claim to be, connecting the ninja rope to the wall isn't considering a throw either is it? In fact the only thing a worm throws are weapons like grenade, they don't throw the ninja rope, they use it, they don't throw the drill, they use it...

It's just a term, one simple enough that you should understand...

I'm happier to lose game, then to win it by someones honest mistake that has nothing do to with Darts.

Good for you.

And really was angry when you today said to me I'm not a good sportsmanship. Two things I can't accept: people calling me liar and people calling me unfair.

You were angry? Like I said to you earlier it was a show of poor sportsmanship what you done earlier, but quitting, twice I might add, in the fashion that you did, possibly cost other players a different position in the Tour and I can't blame Hurz for being angry not only at that, but the fact you completely wasted their time.

Accept it or not, it's the truth of the actions you took today, still, there is no problem, we hope this mess is all clear now and in future it won't happen again :)