Forums
May 21, 2024, 01:54 AM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] CF's complaint for a late report and Darkone  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Chicken23

[SOLVED] CF's complaint for a late report and Darkone
« on: April 10, 2010, 10:26 PM »
I found it a little harsh how first of all CF complainted about this late report. I know it is in the rules and they have the right to do so. But it shows a lack of sportsmanship. 40mins late dp reported it. They simply could of asked MonkeyIsland to put the games in the correct order. Not get a game voided. This has also happened before on tus. MI just rearranges the games. I don't like the late report rule. Espically when points can be correct if their has not been many other games played. CF and dp are not active clans. I doubt there will be 5 ropers played or something to justify a voiding. The point diffence was probably barely effected.

Also i think Darkone acted very fast to deal with this complaint. I have been told by MI and other mods that you discuss the situation in your staff forum before a moderator takes action on a complaint. Did that happen here?

Basically i think what has happened here to be lame. Now bring on the smiting to my reputation.

Re: CF's complaint for a late report and Darkone
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 10:44 PM »
This was not discussed with others, since I thought the decision was pretty clear cut.
But I guess that now, it will have to be discussed :)
If we have to discuss every complaint in the group, then complaints will not be handled as swiftly as they ought to be.

In defense of my decision:
   * The 1 hour rule has been around for a while now and people should know about it
   * Reporting a game takes almost no time at all
   * It was reported over 2 hours after the game was played. That's a really long time to do something that should only take a minute
   * If we're going to start making exceptions, then everybody will want exceptions, in which case it's better to just get rid of the rule.

I've attached the replay if the game in question, so other mods can see for themselves. The site mentions 6:38pm as the time when the game was reported.
Please let me know what you guys think, sirs!
Original complaint thread: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/complaints/23533-2345/

ps: I see no reason to smite your post, since you were polite and stated what was necessary.

Offline beer

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 11:07 PM »
I found it a little harsh how first of all CF complainted about this late report. I know it is in the rules and they have the right to do so. But it shows a lack of sportsmanship. 40mins late dp reported it. They simply could of asked MonkeyIsland to put the games in the correct order. Not get a game voided. This has also happened before on tus. MI just rearranges the games. I don't like the late report rule. Espically when points can be correct if their has not been many other games played. CF and dp are not active clans. I doubt there will be 5 ropers played or something to justify a voiding. The point diffence was probably barely effected.

Also i think Darkone acted very fast to deal with this complaint. I have been told by MI and other mods that you discuss the situation in your staff forum before a moderator takes action on a complaint. Did that happen here?

Basically i think what has happened here to be lame. Now bring on the smiting to my reputation.
word boy

drama queen iz back

Offline chakkman

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 11:22 PM »
If i had to count the times ppl reported late vs us i d be kinda busy... kinda reminds me of the PO situation some seasons ago. Leaves the foul smell of using any rule gap possible. Well geekiness ftw. :)

Offline darKz

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 12:34 AM »
I'm totally aware that it's lame but hey, what's the purpose of that rule then? It really takes someone 30 seconds of their valuable life to report a game which they won. On the contrary, playing a clanner takes like.. 1 hour? Life's so tough. :<
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 12:35 AM by darKz »
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 04:25 AM »
I'm sorry guys, it was my fault not to alter that rule. I thought DarkOne knows about the orders. I DO change game orders since NAiL and Chicken23 complaint. I didn't announce it, cause I didn't want people think "I always have time to report". You guys can report the games, just tell me the games real order, and it is done.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 06:56 AM »
Well i think there needs to be a clear rule for this. You don't want people reporting many days later after many games have been played as it will influence the order alot.

I was just highlighting the fact this situation would of been an easy change for you and was lame for CF to request a void. There are situations where if many games have been played since then its alot of hard work and its fair enough to void a late report.

I dunno, Darkone does raise a good point of where do you draw the line and stay by the rules and where do you allow expections?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 07:01 AM »
Before changing order was manually. But now it has a script and it is no big deal changing order of 10 games. But if we announce that we do change orders anytime, then it will get out of hand. probably we gotta increase the 1 hour time.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 09:02 AM »
I'm totally aware that it's lame but hey, what's the purpose of that rule then?

Thats the dumbest thing i ever heard, My opponents some time reported a win next day but i never thought about making a complaint based on that. You lost fair and square. if a 2 hour late report would have givven them more points somehow then MonkeyIsland can change the order of the game.

You were defeated, they won. Game should be re reported and remain valid and rule should be dissregarded. Learn how to loose like a man !

Offline SPW

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 10:26 AM »
Rules and sportmanship is hardly to compare. Anyway, in that case I wouldt complain too coz it dont makes any difference at all. But, Dark did and he was right anyway.

So wasted time talking about this. ;)

Offline darKz

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 10:30 AM »
What would TUS be without doubletimes weird brain excrements. ololol

Yeah it's not like I really care, it's cool if that game stands and the order is altered. But that rule definitely has to be tweaked. ;)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Ray

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 12:41 PM »
What would TUS be without doubletimes weird brain excrements. ololol
A much better place.

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 03:16 PM »
probably we gotta increase the 1 hour time.

i think this can help

Offline Random00

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 11:13 AM »
didnt even know about this.
Imo the game should just be put in the right order.

In general the 1 hour rule should be extended to 24h and all games reported after this should be voided, without any exception.
In 99% of all cases games are reported up to 5-10 minutes after a session of games was done, which is pretty fine. Then there are some late reports that are a few hours too late, but this very often doesnt have any effect on the rating. And if these actually do have effect on the rating, the games order should just be changed (which is the case here).
And like I said, if you're more then 24h late you just f@#!ed up and the game should be voided.