Forums
April 28, 2024, 08:29 PM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Game #114008  (Read 533 times)

Offline Waffle

[SOLVED] Game #114008
« on: June 13, 2012, 09:42 PM »
https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-114008/

I want this game to be deleted, not to count it as a tus-game.
My opponent cowed, didn't skip and attacked me again in the next turn.
Read the Comment below this game for further information and / or watch the replay.

Offline franz

Re: Game #114008
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 11:26 PM »
true, jooako only touched 3 out of 4 walls on his turn starting 7:50 (he forgot the middle left wall) and he did not even reply, respond, or take penalty.

hm, MI/mods would this be a void you think?  it's a minor mistake when seeing how much damage he hurt waffle, but he still broke a rule and never even acknowledged waffle who noticed it right away.

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 05:11 AM »
7:50,
Jooako cows and doesn't take his penalty but only causes 8hp damage.

14:38,
Waffle touches the last wall, but it looked like he didn't. (maybe 1 pixel?) Jooako accuses him of cow. Now waffle plays his full turn but at the end, he damages himself with his own zook and says "count that as a skip", so you don't mind skipping intentionally if the turn acts like a skip?

24:08,
Jooako happens to be away from keyboard for 20 seconds so his has lost an entire turn and technically that is a skip.

So haven't you received your skip for 8hp damage already?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Waffle

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 03:05 PM »
A skip after over 16 Minutes? Wohoo.

The Sprite of my Worm definitely touched the wall, I was sure about that, but I didn't hear the sound that usually comes after bouncing off a wall, so, yeah. maybe there was 1 little pixel between the actual worm inside of the worm sprite and the wall .. But does that really count as a cow? The visible part of the worm touched the wall with his whole tail.
I just didn't want to talk any further about this with jooako, since he was tons of pixel away from a wall some turns before and didn't even reply. That just didn't feel fair to me, and since he kept on saying that I cowed and that i should watch the replay after the match, I said 'count that as a skip'

And yes, as far as I know, tus rule is, that you are allowed to grab the crate after cowing and then skip.
Well, even if I cowed, I didn't skip, but I didn't attack either.

He attacked right after his cow (and 'technically skipped' many turns afterwards). That's like comparing apples to oranges.

And I wouldn't even complain about that cow that cost me 8hp, if he didn't call me a cow afterwards.

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 05:24 AM »
Because we have different situation when cows happen, our reaction is different to each case. For example, if Jooako had beaten when he only had a 8hp worm. Then that cow mattered in your favor.

Cows happen time to time, most of the time they are not done intentionally, ergo rules try to even out the situation to keep the health of the game. Your game was full of mistakes and falls. Your opponent didn't play for one complete turn, also fell a lot of times after the cow. You had a healthy game after all. Sometimes one little cow changes the outcome of the games because players are playing flawlessly. I understand that him ignoring you for his cow can be disturbing, but unfortunately in this situation, it doesn't have enough weight to void the game.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Waffle

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 02:02 PM »
Wow, that actually makes sense. I agree, close this topic :)