Forums
May 06, 2024, 11:41 AM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Game #20815  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Abnaxus

[SOLVED] Game #20815
« on: March 11, 2010, 07:28 PM »
The player is flaming all the time: quite boring.

Told him it wasn't allowed, he continued: so there is the complaint.
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Game #20815
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 09:06 PM »
Are you talking about the WxW you played? You mean the guy is spamming? Why are you complaining exactly?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Camper

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 10:30 PM »
U won man :X

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 11:42 PM »
Ok, I see nothing changed, just delete this thread...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 11:53 PM by Abnaxus »

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 10:02 PM »
rofl maerum

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 10:56 PM »
Most of his chat in that particular game was about how badly he was doing, Abnaxus (calling himself noob and all that)

Perhaps you mistakenly typed the wrong game #?

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 11:23 PM »
Yeah, it was the Shoppa game #20811 (not the WxW).

I think you should do a better work about the insults/flames if you want to get a greater league.
This is the biggest problem of Wn and the ban is the only way to make people change.

PS: You should also forbid people who's not concerned, to post on threads.
Such as Crash who's saying "Rofl" in a non appropriate thread (and which is mostly apparented to flood and flame).
(Nothing special against you Crash... at least in this case.)

My behaviour can be seen as a bit extremist, but many great players left Worms cause of this kind of behaviour, and this is ruining Wn for many years now..

Yours sincerely,
xDragonfirex.

Edit: Didn't see this https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/announcements/proposed-courtesy-rules/
So, I encourage you to do it seriously.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 11:35 PM by Abnaxus »

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 12:20 AM »
idk how many times ive said banca needs to be warned... he really needs one, his attitude in games is horrible and hes reported more free wins then any1 else on this league by far

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 07:50 AM »
@Abnaxus,
imo, he is struggling so hard to speak English. All I could get from shopper game: (Note the bold lines)

[WM`BaNcA7T`FsR] u is noob
[xWPAxAbnaxus`sw] Youll host wxw, don't have maps.
[WM`BaNcA7T`FsR] ok
[WM`BaNcA7T`FsR] it scheme dont is tus?
[WM`BaNcA7T`FsR] n zooka oO
[xWPAxAbnaxus`sw] Don't know, I haven't play for long.
[xWPAxAbnaxus`sw] Btw, can we do the WxW later ? I have to go in 20min.
[WM`BaNcA7T`FsR] lol
[WM`BaNcA7T`FsR] man
[WM`BaNcA7T`FsR] scheme incorrect
[WM`BaNcA7T`FsR] wxw is fast
[xWPAxAbnaxus`sw] Let's put 150hp then.
[xWPAxAbnaxus`sw] Ok ?
[xWPAxAbnaxus`sw] Or we do the WxW in 2 hours.
[xWPAxAbnaxus`sw] I mean 22h GMT.
[WM`BaNcA7T`FsR] estragey sux
[WM`BaNcA7T`FsR] shopper ultra sux noob
[WM`BaNcA7T`FsR] shuahsau
[xWPAxAbnaxus`sw] You know flaming is forbidden in TuS ?

I'm glad you care about the behavior. Really. But I'm not sure if he is really flaming or he even know how to put words next to each other and create an English line or does he know what his words mean?
I'm glad you haven't seen some horribles insults yet. ;)

@WookA,
He got the warn when you were inactive and he didn't report any free win after that.

[offTopic]Do you wanna me to change your nick to DragonFire?[/offTopic]
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 08:35 AM »
Yeah, it was the Shoppa game #20811 (not the WxW).
Alright, good to get that misunderstanding out of the way then :)
I think you should do a better work about the insults/flames if you want to get a greater league.
This is the biggest problem of Wn and the ban is the only way to make people change.
You already pointed out the announcement yourself. Although I do agree (or I wouldn't have posted that announcement), we should be careful not to be handing out warnings too lightly. As MI already pointed out, language is a problem as well with Banca.
I also can't find anything in the chat other than the things MI already pointed out, but it seems to me he can't handle losses very well since you were beating him pretty badly. I personally wouldn't go so far as giving him an official warning for this, though we should clearly try to avoid this escalating.

Such as Crash who's saying "Rofl" in a non appropriate thread (and which is mostly apparented to flood and flame).
I actually did post something along that line in another thread, but Dub-c pointed out people should be able to post meaningful arguments and I can't say I disagree with that. crash's post is harmless (mostly because it doesn't seem to make a point or really say anything useful at all), so again, I see no reason to interfere there.

Offline Ray

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 09:19 AM »
I actually did post something along that line in another thread, but Dub-c pointed out people should be able to post meaningful arguments and I can't say I disagree with that. crash's post is harmless (mostly because it doesn't seem to make a point or really say anything useful at all), so again, I see no reason to interfere there.

Personally, I can't stand people flooding the forum with such meaningless posts and also, I can get pretty frustrated when my opponent says "rofl" or "lmao" when I make a wrong move or something.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 11:10 AM »
There is also "Extragey sux", "shopper ultra sux noob".
But I agree there isn't a really big flame here.

Maybe it was on host chat, don't remember.
Just know that when I said "shopper" as pick, he started flaming all along by saying "you sux with shoppa pick" etc..
Anyway, I don't have proofs about this. Next time I'll take screenshot (easier than replay).

PS: It's ok for the nick M Threepwood, but thanks. :)

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 08:26 PM »
@WookA,
He got the warn when you were inactive and he didn't report any free win after that.

oh ok, my mistake