Forums
May 04, 2024, 02:13 AM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] GAME #70903  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Vultoz

[SOLVED] GAME #70903
« on: May 26, 2011, 11:48 PM »
Well, this guy hosted a tus game with Hosting Buddy, in the middle of the game I noticed that the scheme was wrong. The bow in that scheme only do 30 damage, i guess. So i'm here asking to avoid this game. I refused to play my pick after.

Offline TitiO

Re: GAME #70903
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 01:50 AM »
+1 for gamma.

i right or wrong to ask to bann him ?

juz analyze the facts..

he cheated me 2 roper, 2 games of chelsy, 1 vultoz..

well =X

Offline franz

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 08:08 PM »
true, you noticed this about the longbow... but you noticed this 8 minutes into the game.
you kept playing until the game ended 18 minutes into the game.

why continue playing if you didn't expect to report if you won?

Any mods know the best action, since the new TUS scheme rule?
Is it gamma's fault that hostingbuddy didn't have the correct scheme?
Is the game automatically void since it's the wrong scheme?

Offline Vultoz

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 12:01 AM »
I said him that  the scheme was wrong when i noticed. I keep playing and talking to him that we couldn't play with that scheme. About the hosting buddy scheme, players can upload schemes in WSDB.ORG and use with hosting buddy through the command !scheme x. Even the map was terrible... and more, when i said to him that my pick was elite he said that elite sux, he played elites since 2001 and allways sux.
About this thread, i think that the important thing here is to make the rules easier to understand and specify what should we do in each case, a FAQ of problems like this in game could be nice and would help to solve problems without be injust in simillar cases. I don't care much with the points or the result of this game, i made the thread to know if it's ok or no.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 03:48 AM by Vultoz »

Offline franz

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 12:06 AM »
That's fine Vultoz, please be patient.
Other mods will give their input.

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 10:17 AM »
i right or wrong to ask to bann him ?

Rok says you are:

I deleted Chelsea's and Spaazi's post as per this announcement: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/complaints/regarding-ban-threads/.

I and many others seriously doubt that this was really doubletime (see game comments). We'll wait for other mods to see what they think.

Next person who posts "ban him" will be warned/muted.

And I completely agree. How about a nice green dot for Titio?

If people host a game, they are responsible for the scheme. If they use HostingBuddy, they must be sure the scheme is correct. If the scheme is not correct, then you should upload the scheme at Worms Scheme Database.

We made an announcement regarding schemes already. It's your responsibility to put up the correct scheme and opponents should not have to check. If you use a different scheme, that's fine, as long as you warn your opponent before the game starts (which didn't happen here) and your opponent agrees.

As stated in the schemes thread: If you find out the scheme used is incorrect, you should state this and say you want a rematch. I don't understand portuguese, but from what I've seen in the chat, Vultoz repeatedly pointed out the scheme is incorrect and I get the feeling he wanted to replay the game with the correct scheme.
Once you point out the scheme is incorrect and you want to have the game replayed, you're allowed to quit the game and have your game replayed (PS: this is the only reason we allow people to quit the game - other reasons for quitting forfeits the game if your opponent choses to report a win).

edit: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/announcements/tus-schemes/

why continue playing if you didn't expect to report if you won?

I think that considering our position on quitting games (quit means you give up - except when there's a wrong scheme involved), I can understand why he played on :)

Another thing about the scheme: the bow should do 50 damage, which means the longbow would've damaged that worm for 103 instead of 63. If we count this damage for later on in the game, the shotgun would've killed that worm and Vultoz would've won.

Vultoz is not requestin a win, though, he's requesting a void and considering these points, I completely agree with the request. Game should be void imo.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 10:19 AM by DarkOne »