Forums
April 29, 2024, 12:50 PM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Speaking for Zippo  (Read 1811 times)

Offline TheKomodo

[SOLVED] Speaking for Zippo
« on: September 13, 2010, 08:28 AM »
Zippo aproached me in a reasonable manner so I thought it would be nice to bring this to the forum for him as it is pretty important to him and if it is to be fixed, or come to understanding, it's better if it happens fast:

"i wins 4-1 os now...ropers and we only can report 3 games we reported 2-1 but i think its fair if he delete the game than he wins....cuz its sux i beat him 4-1 and we exceeded the games played this season -.-" with this more 2 i wins 60 poins and he wins 47 points with the game reported...."

I explained to him that is it both players responsibility to check their game limit, and as far as I am aware, both players didn't check, I have attached all the replays.

Basically I told him I would propose this, although I explained to him that he might lose the last 2 games either way, the last 2 games he won, will he be able to save them and report them next season? is there anything the MODS can do about this?

I have told him, that he should possibly expect to lose his last 2 games:

I know he is muted but I feel he deserves to know what will happen with this, after all he did win those last 2 games fair and square.

Whatever your answer is, I will let him know through MSN, and he already knows to accept it, and he has approached me in a very resonable and modest manner.

Offline avirex

Re: Speaking for Zippo
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 10:55 AM »
im not mod.. but its pretty simple id say...

if there were 3 games able to be played..... the FIRST three games that were played r the ones that count... its zippo won the first 3 games, he gets the wins... if oldsock won 1 of the games in the first 3 games, its fair he gets a win....

no?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 11:06 AM »
Yeah avi, I told him that, he wants to know what can happen with the last 2 games though, the 1st 3 is 2-1, with the other 2, 4-1, he just wants to know what he can do about the other 2 wins, because they were fair wins, and he technically does deserve the points, only problem is, neither of them checked the game limits.

It's an honest mistake to make.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 12:23 PM »
Does a football judge accept a goal after he blows in his whistle? or does he accept if the players say they didn't hear the whistle?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 12:33 PM »
Does a football judge accept a goal after he blows in his whistle? or does he accept if the players say they didn't hear the whistle?

This is one of the worst examples I have ever seen lol...

Playing 5 league games because they were enjoying the competition and forgetting about game limit is absolutely nothing like playing on after 90 minutes of football, you have a referee for starters blowing a stupid whistle, and all the crowd making a certain cheer at the end of a game, you cannot miss it, forgetting about game limit is as easy mistake to make, one I even made myself before where me and my opponent agreed to report our games (all of them) the next again season.

I am asking, can he save the other 2 games he won, and report them next season? Especially if OS agrees, I know OS is a very fair player, and I am pretty sure he wouldn't mind considering it is partly his fault for not noticing also, at the least I think they should be able to delete those games, save the replays and report all 5 next season.

Now Zippo asked me in the nicest of manners so I will fight this for him until you give me a definate answer.

Offline Rok

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 02:37 PM »
No, they can't report in the next season. It's their problem if they forgot about the limit.

Tell Zippo they can report all five games, in the order they were played. The exceeding 2 games will still count, but only for their overall rating, not the seasonal. (I think).

@MI: Now that the overall ratings are more important for playoffs qualifications, games over limit should not count at all, imo.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline avirex

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 02:42 PM »
I would say just how u said komo... If oldsock agreses to let zippo post those games next season then he can.. But if he does not allow him to thenoldsock can make a complaint at that time and most likely win it..   
If it were me.. I would not let zippo report it.. Just cuz zippo is always a deuche bag about everything and to everyone... If it were just about ANY othr player i would allow the reports lol... So yeah, that will be totally up to oldsock if the games get reported next season.. Considering the leagues rules already dont count them.. Ya kno?      This is a perfect example of why zippos poor attitude effects him. Hopefully OS dont let him have the wins and maybe it teaches hima lesson lol

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 03:27 PM »
@Rok,
They can't report. The system won't let them report more than 15 games per season. There's no option like affecting their overall ratings but ignore the season ratings.

Is this rule about "you can have around 15 games" limit  or exactly 15 games limit? Have you forgotten the problem with had before? Some people used to bash their clan mates to get a higher position.
I've had people sending me email with their replay game attached so that I report their game. Should I? really?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Rok

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 04:52 PM »
@Rok,
They can't report. The system won't let them report more than 15 games per season. There's no option like affecting their overall ratings but ignore the season ratings.

Right, my bad. (there was only a discussion to have it that way, IIRC).

I would say just how u said komo... If oldsock agreses to let zippo post those games next season then he can...

Please don't come up with such ideas... we won't allow reports that late. Even if oldsock would agree, there are 19 days of current season left and that's just out of the question. The limit is there for a reason.  ::)
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 05:11 PM »
Indeed. Those last 2 games should be voided.  :o The ratings of both players can change alot over the next 19 days and also if reported in the next season its an advantage / disadvantage and unfair on everyone else.

Offline avirex

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 07:20 PM »
if oldsock wanted to allow him to report the games... there is nothing u guys can do about it, they can just say they played them the first day of the current season.

thats pretty much a dispute between the 2 of them...     or wait, would u give them both a warning, like u a  did when me and dibz BOTH agreed to play a w2roper?

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 07:28 PM »
You know, avirex, at some point you ought to just accept that your scheme is now allowed. There are plenty of groups that can help you deal with this... loss? I honestly don't know, but you seem to be complaining about it a lot lately.

Zippo's question is understandable, but I'm afraid the rules are quite clear on the subject; games are to be reported in the order in which they occurred.
Simply reporting them in the next season will mean calculation errors in terms of ratings. As MI already pointed out, the rules for a maximum amount of games against certain people has been added for a reason. If we're making exceptions now, that means we'll have to make exceptions for everybody, which means the rule is pointless to start with.

If the games were fun to begin with, there's not much lost though, is there? Ask Abnaxus! :)

Offline avirex

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 02:40 AM »
the scheme IS allowed...

and my example was not to complain about w2roper.. it was just a lol @ the mods.

me and dibz agreed on a game, both knowing the rating effect, and what it was going to be reported as... neither of us complained, or anything.. yet when some1 seen the replay and made a fuss, and we got warned.. lmfao

if oldsock agrees to let zippo report these games next season, u going to warn them? lol give me a break..

u mods r great, i respect you all, ur all fair.... but just relax a bit...

Offline CJ

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 02:56 AM »
ya know i was thinking what made me come back to this game, was it the fun factor, the challenge of doing well in leagues, or just to have a laugh and chat to old mates, but i've come to the conclusion the reason we all come back is the bitching back and forth on the forum is hilarious at times, and makes you want to see more  :D
My hometown rugby team Warrington Wolves won the 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup At Wembley and successfully defended the trophy by beating Leeds Rhinos 30-6 at Wembley on 28/08/10 and got the trophy back beating Leeds Rhinos 35-18 on 25/08/12... 3rd time in 4 years

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 06:03 AM »
Ok, I shall inform him, thanks for the people who posted sensible replies.