May 08, 2024, 01:51 PM

Poll

do you prefer having AFR in shopper?

AFR
25 (71.4%)
no AFR
10 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: [Poll]AFR in shopper?  (Read 3123 times)

[Poll]AFR in shopper?
« on: February 02, 2010, 08:23 PM »
the current rules are AFR, we can change it if enough people want to get rid of it

vote away!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 08:55 PM by WookA »

Offline Dub-c

Re: [Poll]AFR in shopper?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 06:31 AM »
I have always been one of the guys who always said no afr in shoppas, however, I think its important in order to be able to hide in a hard place and not just get ground zooked. There are weapons however where I do not think afr is neccessary.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 09:24 AM »
I have always been one of the guys who always said no afr in shoppas, however, I think its important in order to be able to hide in a hard place and not just get ground zooked. There are weapons however where I do not think afr is neccessary.

Aren't we talking about attackting from ground only if you wish to do it? It seems to me that you think that poll means only afr or no afr, without any exceptions.

I voted the 2nd option - no afr. Why? Attacting from ground is sometimes needed on my evil caven maps. ;) But also, this would be more flexible to have 2 options of attack.

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 10:15 AM »
it's only a shopper omg no afr is best.. no need this poll, newbs startin playing shopper learn rules "AFR" they take it too serious , but in league it's other situation, not many of us picks it so i wouldn't mind if AFR 'd get deleted

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 10:16 AM »
NO AFR is more..... "fun" :D

Offline Csongi

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 12:20 PM »
imo shoppa without AFR loses all his charm ^^
I remember when i learned to play shoppa in wwp these rules:CBA AFR KTL were sacred for me  :P

"Some things must not change"

Peace
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline Crazy

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 12:38 PM »
Surely AFR, but I don`t care if someone drills me from rope or from ground ;P

Offline xLo

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 01:19 PM »
Shopper without afr is like sex witout a girl.

Offline beer

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 01:23 PM »

drama queen iz back

Offline Random00

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 01:47 PM »

dont think thats true, but I also voted for AFR, simply because in most cases you can do more damage without attacking from rope more easily.
As an example I think of weapons like bazooka, or missilie/pigeon at some narrow hide, where you often can do max. damage with attacking form the ground, but from the rope it requires much more skill. Because its a common belief that Shopper is mostly a luck scheme there should be a many skill components as possible in this scheme.
(btw: OT: this reminds me, that I totally dislike the TUS Scheme as it is; the old FB scheme or the WO scheme [from the tourneys that FFie hosted] are much better imo).

Offline darKz

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 02:09 PM »
I never understood why the AFR rule was put into Shopper in the first place. Always preferred to play without. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 07:55 PM »
NO AFR!

Adds another dynamic, allows for a greater range of attacks, allows for accuracy on things like dyna drops to.

ALTHOUGH having the AFR does make the game somewhat more challenging as you need to make more time to set up attacks on rope and so need to rope faster and more consistantly.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:54 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 08:34 PM »
i voted NO AFR and always prefer shoppers with no afr from the fb rules and fb scheme

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 08:54 PM »
most of the people who posted say no afr, but most votes are for afr :o

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 10:32 PM »
Clone Random00's post for me plz :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.