Forums
May 19, 2024, 12:11 PM

Author Topic: Stats bug?  (Read 2516 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Stats bug?
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2012, 09:20 PM »
I think 80% is Elite. For example, the world's best tennis players at the moment have winnings around 80%. Nadal ~ 82%, Federer ~81%, Dokovic ~ 78%.

Well i'd say you are right about them being the best, but if you are being literal, they are not elite, they simply lose too many games to be considered elite...

Elite:

( often used with a plural verb ) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.
( used with a plural verb ) persons of the highest class: Only the elite were there.

I ain't saying you don't know what elite means, I am just saying, someone who loses 1 out of every 5-6 games, is not elite... No matter if they are the best at their sport or not... Well in my opinion anyway. They are definately, shit hot at tennis though lol, but not elite...

Like in my opinion i'd say there are only a few "Elite" players in the history of WA ever... And definately not talking about overall skill here, talking about individual schemes...

I think what I am saying here, is, there are players who had the "Elite" rank for overall before with 65-80% win ratios, and that isn't even impressive and almost anyone can do that just by playing alot...

But that's just the way I personally think of the word "elite" I kinda over stress it lol