Forums
May 22, 2024, 08:18 PM

Author Topic: A rule the needs implemented  (Read 3516 times)

Offline TitiO

Re: A rule the needs implemented
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2011, 12:08 AM »
i think that always we should play in random maps.. made on time !.. would be nice !

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2011, 07:55 AM »
avi, you are the one that started swearing and acting threatened just because I said you used the same map, I didn't swear at you, I didn't insult you, I didn't even say it was a bad thing, I even said it's ok to use the same map a few times, if anyone is looking for an arguement it's you.

Anyway, back onto subject.

For players who are very good, for example Crash, if he uses the same map over and over, literally let's say at least 10 times a week, yes, that's lame, it gives him an advantage, but then again if you are stupid enough to keep playing him on the same map then you are lame too cuz you agreed.

Let's take what I do for example, I rarely play Ropers, but I can be very good at times, and not so good at other times, but I am generally not considered a threat to anyone, a big reason for this is because all people see me do is BnG, but anyway, I have about 20 Roper maps I have created myself, and these are the only maps i've used for the last 3-4 years, I have used other maps and played on other maps now and again, but i'll usually use mine.

But the reasons for me using those maps is not to "learn the maps", for starters my opinion of a good Roper map is completely different from most people who play Ropers now, I enjoy maps where even the hardest possible crates are somewhat possible to hit, but ONLY if you can use the Rope smoothly and effectively enough, I don't like 90% of the maps people play with, there is too many zig zag tunnels not to mention ridiculously tight hides and sides and some even too close to the top for the way I enjoy to Rope, even if I was the most consistent Roper and never fell, I still wouldn't be confident enough to lay my trust in a map that a few crates could possibly lose a game for me.

The maps I normally use, if I fall, even once, and my opponent doesn't, 9 times out of 10 I will lose, and that is the way it should be, none of this, you get lucky with crates after falling 2-3 times and your opponent getting horrible crates and you end up winning when you played bad because to me that does not deserve a win.

The most important thing here, which only really applies to me and won't really apply to most players who Rope, more importanly complain about repeating maps,  is the fact I play about 5 Ropers a month, I am not the fastest or most consistent Roper therefor using the same map 2 or 3 times a month isn't an advantage for me because even if I do know the map inside out, my skills prevent me from perfecting it.

However, since I am keen on playing TRL (and I played quite a few the other night), I was using maps I haven't used before and editing about 30% - 40% of the land for each game, I used the same map we played a Clanner with against daina because she requested that map I used for the clanner, and she's better than me anyway lol.

These opinions are not intended to be debatable or in any way directed at anyone for any reason, they are just my opinions so I am not looking for people to yell at me or start another stupid arguement, *COUGH COUGH COUGHaviCOUGH*.

Offline avirex

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2011, 05:14 PM »
didnt even read this.. *yawn* 

back to the topic

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2012, 12:33 PM »
sorry to reopen an old topic. But has something have (or is planned) been done about that ?

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2012, 01:02 AM »
I support this rule, there's lot of maps for each scheme, accidentaly puting the same map can't be an excuse.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Flori

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2012, 01:47 AM »
I have already 150 trl ttrr impossible not to play twice the same map.
Still 20 days and i will maybe have 250 trl games at this moment.
Maybe a rule like "you can use the same map only 1 on 100 trl games". That's only 1/100..

And btw in rr we start to know every map .. So fairly i shouldn't play 1 game of trl.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2012, 01:57 AM »
I have already 150 trl ttrr impossible not to play twice the same map.
Still 20 days and i will maybe have 250 trl games at this moment.
Maybe a rule like "you can use the same map only 1 on 100 trl games". That's only 1/100..

And btw in rr we start to know every map .. So fairly i shouldn't play 1 game of trl.

In thiss case may rise an exception.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓