Forums
May 14, 2024, 03:35 PM

Author Topic: TRL Season 8??  (Read 1032 times)

Offline TheKomodo

TRL Season 8??
« on: March 29, 2012, 04:02 PM »
Shouldn't Season 8 begin on 1st April?

I wanted to play some 2v2 TRL BnG again tonight... Where's the warning?

Offline Chelsea

Re: TRL Season 8??
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 04:14 PM »

we can trl hysteria :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 04:15 PM »

we can trl hysteria :D

Screw that lol, Hysteria already had it's turn anyway... Fairly recently I may add.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 05:03 PM »
me and chelsy vs komito and ??

Offline darKz

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 05:20 PM »
Hooray, most boring scheme ever made TRL again! \o/
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 05:27 PM »
Sigh..indeed.

But I see a definite fall in games played in TRL, both WXW and BNG really fell way too short in the PO limit for games to make some decent 8-player KO.

Maybe there should be a further reduction in the game number for PO? Maybe ppl would be more inclined to try for a 30-game minimum than for 50.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 05:39 PM »
for hysteria i guess isnt necessary... Hysteria is more "pop", too many ppl play it.

For other schemes like bng, wxw... may be :>

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 05:51 PM »
The problem is that no one likes to lose, so once the good players in every scheme start destroying everyone, instantly TRL dies :P, same in wxw, same in bng same in rr and (less) in roper.

in Hyst anyone can win, hence the spamming of players

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 04:34 AM »
The problem is that no one likes to lose, so once the good players in every scheme start destroying everyone, instantly TRL dies :P, same in wxw, same in bng same in rr and (less) in roper.

I ate some spanakopita last night, and when I did, I realized destroyah represented the voice of reason.  Listen to this man.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 07:48 AM »

I agree, I think in the BnG TRL Season, the top 8 players, they killed it lol, on top of the fact BnG isn't all that popular anyway.

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 09:42 AM »

I ate some spanakopita last night, and when I did, I realized destroyah represented the voice of reason.  Listen to this man.

hoho, I hope you're not being ironic there, sir.

It seems like MI already applied the 30-game-limit to PO I suggested, but I guess it'll only really show if it works once the hysteria hysteria blows over (ie next season).

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 10:19 AM »
I made it 30 games yea, but I don't see 4 people having 50% winning ratio and 30 games? Am I missing something?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 10:52 AM »
I made it 30 games yea, but I don't see 4 people having 50% winning ratio and 30 games? Am I missing something?

you mean in other seasons? I thought that it's mostly about the mental barrier of all those players who are just good enough to enter PO but are discouraged by the shear number of games they have to play. ie most ppl play at least 20 games, but once the favourites start beating everyone would they be likely to play another 30games? not really. Would they do another 10 and hope to enter PO? I think yes.

thats my point