Forums
May 05, 2024, 11:26 AM

Author Topic: Disinterest of some parts  (Read 1593 times)

Offline Ray

Disinterest of some parts
« on: December 28, 2008, 11:21 AM »
As it can be clearly seen: there are some parts of the league which are a bit overshadowed, mostly because of their disinterest. Namely:

Country Games
Free League

My ideas:

The country stats should be kept and shown as an average of all players from one country who played in the league.

Free league was originally created to play rare schemes as TUS games. But soon the tourney section will be ready and those tourneys will provide chances to play rare schemes. So I think Free League should be deleted.

Offline chakkman

Re: Disinterest of some parts
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 02:29 PM »
i agree in all points :)

Offline Ray

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 03:20 PM »
I told Monkey my ideas, but of course he wanted to get people's opinion. But thing is people were not answering this post. So glad you did chakk ^^
EDIT: I understand how is it to simply throw your work out the window, but I think it is better to recognise that something is unsuccessful and instead of acting like "it needs time", better get a move on and start thinking about what should we have instead. 8) ;)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 03:21 PM by Xray99 »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 11:47 AM »
I think people are not answering most of the posts, I don't know why. They just read and leave.

I think it is better to recognise that something is unsuccessful and instead of acting like "it needs time", better get a move on and start thinking about what should we have instead. 8) ;)

What's your define of being unsuccessful ?
EVERY new idea needs time to be accepted. Imagine there were no clans on WN. Then I come up with a league, telling people lets makes groups of people and those groups play league ...
How many people do you think would do so? Would you delete the clanner part after 1 season?

For sure I will remove codes if they are useless. But why in rush?
If you give every project/plan in your life a couple of months, You'll end up canceling all, finding yourself frustrated.

I'm not saying those parts are great ... I'm saying they will take their time and show their potential. If I didn't see any potential. Then I'll remove them.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Dario

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 01:17 PM »
/agree with monkey
The community has been stuck on the same things for a very long time (10 years?), it will obviously take a lot of time before they accept different schemes as part of a league.
I'd like to see less and less people that stick to a few schemes and refuse to play different things under the old "sucks, no skills, no strategy" argument even before they get good at such modes. WO has been doing a great job there, and a league that constantly exposes players to new schemes can do no harm. Even if it looks like it is not working, trust me, it does :), it just takes a lot of time.
Momentarily not playing TUS league games.

Offline Ray

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 01:56 PM »
I am not saying that it is bad to have competitions for the less known schemes... but after seeing that how many games were played in the Classic League and how many in the Free, I thought it might be much better to have Tourneys or Cups for those schemes so more people would play (in my opinion), just see WO for example.

Offline Ramone

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 12:56 AM »
Let's start with tourneys already... It shouldn't be a hard job to do..? Since a person who will host a tourney would do all the work, u won't have much obligations about it... U can demand from the host(mod) to provide a map pack for exact scheme and u could gather it for your map database... kill two flies with one hit, a?
Of course, everyone would be able to discuss/apply/remove those maps...

edit: dunno about leagues, I guess free could have it's chance for some more time... like an option... it's not taking influence over the classic league as I know, so theres no need to be removed...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 01:00 AM by Ramone »

Offline Ray

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 01:17 AM »
Hell of a nice idea Ramone about the map database and the tourney part!

Offline Face

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 04:07 PM »
If you're making tourneys, then please make something similar to FB tourney system. It was by far the best tourney system in leagues.

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 05:16 PM »
IMO cups should come before tourneys, they were pretty popular back in TUT, and I suppose they require less coding, is that right, MI?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 05:17 PM »
Yea true. But I guess most people wants the tourney part.

As TUS tourney part is not manual like WO, It require lots of codes that must be well thought.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Zemke

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 01:23 AM »
I also think that all needs his time, it's like TUS works.. give them time and with the time we/you make it better and better.
But I already would say the following at the beginn:

My ideas:

The country stats should be kept and shown as an average of all players from one country who played in the league.
In would like to follow this point ^^ , but I also would like to keep country-matches. Maybe we can connect both things to one thing (I don't know what is possible).
- This would keep the country vs. country thing which I very like.
- But because there are less matches played we can collect points in single matches also, so each country can show: How they work together, and how good players they have

btw.: I think there are no disinterests, it's just hard to find opponents for country-matches.

This is my suggestion or wish... (however) to this thing  :D