Forums
May 03, 2024, 01:47 AM

Author Topic: General Forum  (Read 789 times)

Offline Chicken23

General Forum
« on: August 08, 2009, 02:22 AM »
I think league general, worm armaggedon general and tus decussion should all be merged into the same forum. There isnt a clear general forums. Theres plenty of sub forums for suggestions to be held. I think there would be a better sense of community if the forums were decreased and people could come and post on general instead of many specific smaller forums.

TuS is good but still complex navigation and maybe a general forum would help simplify the site and attract some new and old players.

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: General Forum
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 04:02 AM »
Hi ^^

Since you mentioned it, We have more "Idea forums" too. Like Cups or tourneys ...
So you are saying one big forum for taking ideas is better? Wouldn't it make a mess? For example have you ever looked through the leagues ideas board? Plenty of leagues ideas are there that have been included in the leagues.

TuS is good but still complex navigation and maybe a general forum would help simplify the site and attract some new and old players.

Have you read this?
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/guides/tus-navigation-(how-to-find-a-page-in-tus)/
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 04:02 AM »
What i mean is there is TUS Discussion which says ideas and comment. Then you have league ideas which is saying the same as tus discussion right?

Two forums for guides? Why not put them into one?

My point is that loads of threads are spread over different forums and there isnt just a main or general forum for posting threads, links to interesting topics, people coming hi, you know. The kind of stuff where wormers can just come and talk to eachother.. try and get a sense of community going again.

you look at some of the board and threads dont have posts in them since january or whatever. maybe i should get into posting more often :p

Id rename tus dicussion to general and get ride of league general and worm armaggedon general... even off topics. To try and focus more posts onto the same forum.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 07:13 AM »
I guess you are looking at TUS like a league, I mean "only a league", And these many boards sure are a lot for it.
For example there will be cups in the future and there are people who don't care about league but have their interest in cups. So many people have told me that they like to have leagues topics and community separated from other parts.

Two forums for guides? Why not put them into one?

Since I'm posting guides in the forums, And the guides are getting more and more each time I add a new part in TUS, They need to be separated. If I put all into one, Then people have to look into lot of guide subjects to find what they are looking for.

You and I are looking at TUS forums in different point of view. But I guess you are right overall. Because you are looking at TUS like "what it is now", But I'm looking at it like "What it will be"

All being said, I'm willing to merge some boards together. But gotta think it through. You're the first to complain about number of the boards.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 08:21 AM »
maybe i am, and maybe the problem isnt the number of boards, but the number of people posting on the forums. Thats another light on the situation