Forums
May 03, 2024, 01:09 PM

Author Topic: improving the rating system!  (Read 1581 times)

improving the rating system!
« on: January 09, 2009, 08:04 PM »
 we have been havin some ideas about improving the system

1. changing the amount of points lost from a game to equal the amount won (for example +30 -30 instead of +40 -21) i think this would help make the system better, i dont think high ranked players lose enough from their overall rating when losing. for example... last season i was in 8th, while i was in 8th i lost a bunch of games but lost barely anything for them, and didnt lose my position even though 9th wasnt far behind me seems like its too easy to keep a high rank

2. adding a reset button which gives you the option to bring your rating back to the beginning rating (probably only allowed once every 2 months to prevent people from helping eachother out) i think giving players with a bad record a fresh start would motivate them to play more

give your ideas every1

Offline pr

Re: improving the rating system!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 11:13 PM »
we have been havin some ideas about improving the system

1. changing the amount of points lost from a game to equal the amount won (for example +30 -30 instead of +40 -21) i think this would help make the system better, i dont think high ranked players lose enough from their overall rating when losing. for example... last season i was in 8th, while i was in 8th i lost a bunch of games but lost barely anything for them, and didnt lose my position even though 9th wasnt far behind me seems like its too easy to keep a high rank

MI will increase lose points. ^^

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 05:51 AM »
I agree with your Ideas  :)

+1 Karma 8)

Here comes the snow

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 06:08 PM »
I worked out a formula for the league and already gave it MI, I don't know if he will use that one.

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 06:24 PM »
you should post your formula and see what people think of it

Offline Ray

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 12:37 AM »
lol I won't, people will steal it

Offline Rok

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 02:04 PM »
Did u made the formula by urself? Show to us, jeez, it's not like u discovered a gold vein.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 04:30 PM »
lol I never talked about it since I felt people have lost interest in it.

The formula for season #3 will be based on ELO, tuned for TUS. It will be based on peoples points not ranks.  But still ranks will remain, but only for labeling the points.

The only problem I guess is the stats being reset after each season. Random00 suggest ed something in one of the topics about the playoffs in each season, like 4 from total top player and 4 from top players in that season.
It is not a bad idea, But I don't know If someone gets so much high, wouldn't it guarantee him to be in every season? or other negative points it may have. any idea?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Rok

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 06:25 PM »
Instead of using total points for season standings, u'd count only points that were earned in the games of current season. That solves the problem of same ppl in the playoffs every season.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Ray

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 06:51 PM »
Yes, that is it what Rok says. Everyone keeps his ranks or points (call it what you want) in every scheme and those will base the points you get in a season. You start from 1000 as a season point in every season and the points you earn will be the points you win or lose in each scheme.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 07:33 PM »
Isn't it same as what we had before? Then people will whine about that a newcomer have chance to gain more points.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.