Forums
May 05, 2024, 11:41 AM

Author Topic: Intermediate bo3  (Read 1736 times)

Offline Zemke

Intermediate bo3
« on: January 05, 2009, 09:48 PM »
Hello at all Inters,

there was already a discussion about Intermediate in Free or Classic league. Because the luckfactor at random placement is too high. The solution was: Play best of three (till two wins) matches.

The problem now: The most guys don't wanna play "so many" rounds for intermediate. But still random placement can gives you a lost round! I already played 2 matches with intermediate bo1 and upped another replay as a "fake" (kinda fake of course). But this shouldn't be the solution over a long time. What should we do, your opinion ...?

Offline Ray

Re: Intermediate bo3
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 10:28 PM »
If Intermediate is your pick, your opponent must play it. If he disagrees to play BO3 then he will break the rules WHICH means you can even have an auto win. Of course that is a bit radical in my opinion.

Offline Zemke

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 11:53 PM »
yeah it is, but in fact you are right!

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 07:09 AM »
I see so many fake replays here and I should clean them. Since Inter is forced to be uploaded as bo3, This has made a problem actually.

A solution would be let people report inter with 1 replay, But if people did that, the gain less points than normal. Uploading at least 2 replays for inter would give em the standard points.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 01:06 PM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Zemke

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 05:45 PM »
can't we handle Intermediate like all the other? You also can play bo1 and get the same points as playing bo3!

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 06:46 PM »
It is already discussed. Playing Inter bo1 makes the luck involves in it much more  (who starts first and the worms placement) . It increases questioning it as a classic scheme.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Zemke

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 07:03 PM »
ok.... what to do if anyone don't wanna bo3? It's not the best to add always a fake replay!

I think all should decide what they want bo3 or bo1...
bo3 needs much time

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 07:06 PM »
That's why if you play bo3 you get 50 points as the standard points instead of 40. 

I haven't code it yet, But it will be like if you play it bo1, it gives you less points than standard.

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 07:06 PM »
I see so many fake replays here and I should clean them. Since Inter is forced to be uploaded as bo3, This has made a problem actually.

A solution would be let people report inter with 1 replay, But if people did that, the gain less points than normal. Uploading at least 2 replays for inter would give em the standard points.

The thing is Monkey, the player who picks inter will usually always be willing to play bo3, but his opponant will not want to. I agree with PiNK, have the same number of points given regardless of whether its bo3 or not.
worm and learn

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 07:14 PM »
I remember, the reason was people don't wanna spend whole lot of time for just one game.

That's why playing Inter bo3 makes its standard points more. (50 instead of 40)
Now if the opponent don't want to play bo3. I guess it is ok for the Inter player, cause he can play more Inter in the time we could be playing other 2 games of that bo3.

In other words, He supposed to earn 50 points by playing bo3.  Now for example he gains 30 points for inter as bo1, but he has time to play another league game, maybe another inter bo1, and gain 30 points again. It will be 60 ;)

Not sure about that 30 yet though.

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 07:28 PM »
i think the players should agree on it before playing, personally i dont even like to play intermediate bo1... but ill still play it, i think if a player says "bo3 intermediate or nothing" id probably just go play some1 else, i play league games for fun... im not having fun if i have to sit for an hour playing a scheme i dont enjoy, i know theres a bunch of intermediate lovers but theres just as many people who dont play it and would rather it be bo1... i think bo3 should be optional for all schemes but not forced

Offline Koras

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 08:10 PM »
i think bo3 should be optional for all schemes but not forced

Yeah, totally agree! :)

Offline Zemke

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 09:30 PM »
For bo1 matches: 40points (ok)*
For bo3 matches: 50points (ok)*

One thing is fact: Remove the "have to upload 2 replays" thing  :)

* I'm not sure... other opinion to that...?!