Forums
May 16, 2024, 09:57 PM

Author Topic: Clanner point system.  (Read 3197 times)

Offline darKz

Re: Clanner point system.
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 04:56 PM »
Fishy, IMO. Singles and clans are two different leagues and not everybody plays both. So it's inaccurate from the beggining.

Of course it's inaccurate, but wouldn't it fix part of the problem?

Edit: Nevermind, a reset would do the trick if the score is below 1000.. So it's kinda unfair. :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 05:04 PM by darKz »
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline franz

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 05:09 PM »
Let new clans earn their rating like everyone else had to.
If a clan worries so much about points lost to a new clan,
then avoid playing them until they've played 10 or 20+ games.
Otherwise play them anyway and help them get to their true rating.

realize that Komo isn't even complaining about new clans though. cW clanned the last 5 seasons.
he was using overall rating points to exaggerate his argument, when season rating matters more.

instead of focusing on
cfc winning 5 overall pts and losing 141 overall pts

cfc won 35 season pts and lost 98 season pts

also realize that cW's lifetime record vs cfc is 2-37, so it took them 38 games to even win

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 05:19 PM »
Quote from: franz link=topic=9501.msg75544#msg75544
Let new clans earn their rating like everyone else had to.
If a clan worries so much about points lost to a new clan,
then avoid playing them until they've played 10 or 20+ games.

Are seriously condoning clans avoiding other clans?

I don't care what the situation is there is no excuse for a clan avoiding another clan, c'mon man.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 05:35 PM by Dub-c »
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline franz

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2011, 05:33 PM »
I actually encourage clans playing each other no matter what.
I'd rather see a healthy league where everyone enjoys playing everyone else.

Even if a great clan loses to a lower clan, realize how happy that clan feels to finally win and likely play more and improve.
You'll win your points back in the long run because you are a great clan, and you are spreading around good sportsmanship.

on the other hand, there will be people who don't want to lose points to an improving clan or a new clan.
my comment about avoiding for a few games was directed to those people, should they feel so strongly and not want to change their stance.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 05:39 PM »
I actually encourage clans playing each other no matter what.
I'd rather see a healthy league where everyone enjoys playing everyone else.

Even if a great clan loses to a lower clan, realize how happy that clan feels to finally win and likely play more and improve.
You'll win your points back in the long run because you are a great clan, and you are spreading around good sportsmanship.

on the other hand, there will be people who don't want to lose points to an improving clan or a new clan.
my comment about avoiding for a few games was directed to those people, should they feel so strongly and not want to change their stance.

As a mod; should a clan that is avoiding another clan not be penalized?

Your saying you encourage clans to actively play all other clans but if they strongly don't want to play the other clan they don't have to?

As a mod I think you should rethink and retract your original statement.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline franz

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 05:52 PM »
There are no rules about avoiding, but you seem to have a strong stance on it.
If you'd like to voice your opinion or get everyone else's, I encourage you to write up a rule about avoiding and how to enforce it.
A new thread about it might be more appropriate since this thread might want to continue to talk about the clanner point system.

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2011, 08:06 PM »
As a mod

Going totally off-topic here, but that little addendum always make me want to strangle puppies :(
Why can't we have our own personal opinions on a matter? It's fine if you think our opinion isn't the way you think it should be. Speak your mind and we will speak ours. And if we were wrong and you convince us, we'll change our mind.
If we disagree with somebody, we don't edit their posts, remove their posts, bad them from forums. Basically, we don't use us being a mod to gain any sort of advantage over anybody (and for good reason). Don't hold it against us when you disagree, that's just unfair.

Back on topic :)

If you think someone is a royal douche and you don't want to play him/her/it, don't you think you're allowed to avoid him/her/it?

I thought WA was all about fun. There's no million dollar prize to win here. There's no eternal glory and international fame to win here. So why force someone into playing someone they won't have fun against?

Offline nino

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2011, 08:08 PM »
atleast you guys has a king here.  :D
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 06:02 AM »
Focus on your season rating Komo, as that's the most important.
If you could hide overall rating, I think you would benefit from it.

Sorry I had to post this before reading anything else.

Franz lol (and this is said with a sort of laughing tone, not angry, before the deluded idiots who think they know everything and have nothing to do with this post or no interest in it decide to stick their f@#!ing noses in and start another stupid flamewar jus cuz they don't like me, so stfu and stay away ya sad f@#!s :) ),  I couldn't give a flying f@#! about silly seasonal points mate, I take more pride in overall standings, and so would other people too if the system didn't f@#!ing rape them so much, recently cFc have made every PO with a pretty high win %, but it wasn't so long ago we had 50-70% which is pretty damn low, imo anything under 70% is pretty much average.

To be honest, I pretty much hate the WA points system in general, every single League for WA has had inaccurate standings due to the fact NO ONE plays a similar amount of games with the same players. I only played BnG in Singles for the simple fact I love BnG and to see what kinda record I could achieve, I only play Clanners cuz I love professional level and serious games 2v2 style, especially with cFc cuz I get along with them so well.

For me the ONLY fair ways to play are in Tournaments and Cups, you just can't go wrong there as long as everyone finishes.

I honestly think we should setup a seperate league for the ACTIVE/Professional/Unavoiding players of Wnet where it's based on playing every other player a set number of games.

The system we have now, will NEVER be fair or accurate enough, this is a fact, no matter who begs to differ or how you look at it, however, it's still fun xD

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 05:56 PM »
Dammit, Komo, stop being so angry! :-[

I can see where you're coming from. In fact, it's one of the reasons I stick to cups :) Well, that and I get to pick my own schemes :-*

But if I recall correctly, the league form where everybody plays everybody has been tried before in BnG (GoBaG) and RR (LoS) and neither of them were very successful in getting the games done.
FB once tried a group war of some sort where people challenged other people, but that competition also dried out after an initial hot start.
The problem is that not everybody tries equally hard to get their games done.

Nevertheless, new ideas are always welcome :) I once hosted a RR tourney that utilized the swiss tournament system: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss-system_tournament
I even allowed draws to count there :) Went reasonably well, I thought.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 07:55 AM »
Bah, the sad truth is you are right though D1, no one will ever be interested, to be honest, why the hell do people even play Leagues for WA anyway when more than 60% of the overall players avoid people, noob bash etc, find new ways to cheat COUGHCOUGHsniperCOUGH j/k lol.

But yeah, CF are amazing with how they play their games, from what Random(or SPW) can't remember which one, alot of the time they only play when they have a good squad on, they might pick their opponents worst scheme with players available, they measure the chances they have of winning the scheme with most points with what players available, I envy this, although it's noob bashing even though it's not, it's only noob bashing because the way TuS system works, when in reality it's genius yet still challenging, if every clan had to play every other clan a set number of games, then points and winning would become increasingly crucial and in a matter of time it would get inactive, I mean, no one would want the weaker players to play for their clan, this is the biggest flaw cuz this game is all about friends and fun and learning, at least for me.