Forums
May 02, 2024, 05:56 PM

Author Topic: Leagues will be updated to v1.9  (Read 719 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Leagues will be updated to v1.9
« on: November 16, 2009, 10:53 AM »
Hello

I'm updating the leagues to the v1.9
Also I'm trying my best to change TUS server.

I started this topic to ask people about what more things they want in the leagues. If an idea is accepted, then you'll be seeing it in v1.9. (Its means you'll see it soon)

There aren't many ideas for the leagues atm.
Current things that are going to be on v1.9:

• System extract chats from the games and view it in the game page. (Under the game map)
  • Games search will be connected to chats. So that you can search anything in TUS games database.
  • Variation of medals will be given to people, From being top in a scheme in a season to seasonal top and PO winner medal.
  • History of a player will be shown in the players league profile. It will list the leagues and the seasons that player were active in. For example, player A played in classic league, Seasons 2, 3, 6
  • A switch will be set for the leagues base on its activity to go for 8 players for PO or 16 players for PO.
  • Players above 1000 pts won't be able to reset their stats.
  • Making the games search default operator 'AND' and put an option for 'OR'
  • Winning Streaks
  • Graph of the player rating

If you'd like to see more in the v1.9 let us know :)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 09:41 AM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Rok

Re: Leagues will be updated to v1.9
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 11:28 AM »
What about limitation for reseting personal stats, like once in 3 seasons? I mean entire stats, reseting seasonal stats is fine as it is at the moment. IIRC, we discussed that already, I can't find the thread though.

Also, search engine could use a little tweaking. If you type in for example "rok monkeyisland", you get 33 pages of all game of you and me ever played. But somebody would maybe want to search only for the games that we played against eachother. So some opearator like "rok + monkeyisland" would come in handy. That shouldn't be too hard to code, I guess.

Cheers.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 11:48 AM »
Yea thanks Rok. I edited my first post.

The limit for reseting is, The player above 1000 can't reset their stats. That was our discussion.
The search operator is now 'OR'. it looks for 'MonkeyIsland Rok', then only MokeyIsland, then only Rok. This way is good when a mod is looking for game with different IDs. for example '11583 9862' will show him both games, and If I change 'OR' to 'AND', mods can't find all the games together.

However I'll make the default 'AND' and put a checkbox for 'OR' :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 03:08 PM »
Keep record of the winning and losing strikes! Show them in each player's profile, for each season and also for overall and create a column in the Standings page which gives you Cold or Warm images or something in case you win or lose 10 games in a row (the number could be changed).

EDIT: one more idea, how about merging all the games played on the site into a totally overall scheme statistics? I mean, the Cup games should count into the overall statistics, based on the current leagues formula. So like, I have 2000 points in X scheme, other guy has 3000 and we take these LEAGUE points as the base, since there were no other games played against each other before on the site. The come in the Cup games, where we use that ELO formula the same way it would be used for league games, but ONLY for the overall statistics. How would you like that?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 03:31 PM by Ray »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 04:42 PM »
I added the winning streaks to the list.

I remember we had discuss this before, and some people killed themselves to tell me that keep leagues and cups separated.

Offline Ray

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 11:06 PM »
They would be still separated, it would only be another statistics, just like the so called "Activity Stats".